• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

No friend system?

nezzmeister

Perhaps I used the wrong keywords to filter if this has been brought up before. Has anyone suggested a friend system in the game? Below are benefits I can already think of:

• Adding a friend optimizes communication with other users regardless of FS affiliation. This would be helpful for members that:
    • switch between a “parent” or “child“ FS
    • leave an FS due to playstyle or personality incompatibilities, but have made other friends within that FS
  • For those that take an occasional hiatus and are migrated out of their neighborhood, they can keep in touch with former neighbors with ease
While the current messaging system allows you to communicate with just about anyone, it’s restricted to your personal memory of usernames. And let’s face it, some usernames can be very difficult to memorize o_O

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
Only someone who grew up with the internet needs technology to make friends.
Thank you I'm here all week.
But seriously folks.

Your question is not without merit
but
The message system Inno uses is crap
People have been complaining and suggesting improvements for years to no benefit

The only remedy is what you already know. Send a message to the person when they first move, and bump it occassionally so it does get auto deleted
You can even create a group like; Nappy37, Bozodude04, TargetLovnMom

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
This has been suggested once before, but I cannot remember if it was here or on the EN Forum (I don't think it was on Beta). I don't remember a lot of details about what was said. The search function in the Forums really doesn't work well.

That said, here are a few thoughts. In Elvenar, we can donate to any Ancient Wonder in the same realm. Our maps expand at a steady rate and our discovered area remains the same even if we get moved, and because the rings get larger every time, that is a lot of neighbors by endgame.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The only remedy is what you already know. Send a message to the person when they first move, and bump it occassionally so it does get auto deleted
You can even create a group like; Nappy37, Bozodude04, TargetLovnMom

And because you created a group, forgot to bump it and then had to redo all that list of names, you can put it in a text file and copy and paste it when needed. I have a file with my mages, my friends, other mages, and so on. I just paste the group I want into the send box and thus don't have to remember to bump the thread so I don't lose the list.

AJ

Count Rupert

That said, here are a few thoughts. In Elvenar, we can donate to any Ancient Wonder in the same realm. Our maps expand at a steady rate and our discovered area remains the same even if we get moved, and because the rings get larger every time, that is a lot of neighbors by endgame.
Your maps expanding yielding more neighbors only works when you're not stuck by the wastelands. I continuously scout but haven't seen an increase in my neighbors list in some time.