• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

No hand to give neighborly help

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Game Version: v1.128.5
World: Sinya
PC version, HTML5, playing on Chrome
My game name: Darielle
Elves

When I went to my neighbor, Prince Anthony, to give him a bit of help, I saw that there was at first no buildings whatsoever. But then after I backed out and went back in, the buildings were back but there was no way to give neighborly help. As you can see from the screen shot, there is no hand ... either "live" or grayed out.

This is the only neighbor that I have seen this happen to, but I have not checked many others. EDIT: Now I have checked, and many other neighbors have no hand as well, so it is widespread.

BUG SCREENSHOT.jpg

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I would never even know if this bug existed. In the browser, I only help anyone who I do not have to enter the city. And everyone else, I use the mobile app for their visits, where again, I do not have to enter the city for anyone.

OIM20

Yeah, what does getting culture help do?
If you look at the top of Darielle's screen capture, just to the left of the city name, you'll see a cloud with a sun peeking out. When you're in your own city, if you hover over that, you will see that there is a percentage given there - it's a boost for coins and supplies (from workshops and other buildings that give the same item as workshops, just for clarity). The guides all recommend aiming for a minimum of 125%, which the icon indicates Darielle has.

You can boost this percentage with the Ensorcelled Endowment enchantment (the purple hand holding spell) by 5%. That, however, requires one of your neighbors to 'help' on the building on which you place the EE. So if you're ever in someone's city helping and you see a culture building with white sparkles over it that isn't a pet building (because you can't feed and cast the EE - can't cast more than one spell per building at a time), and that particular building doesn't have helping hands on it, that's the one you should click to help the person out the most with their culture boost.

Revo1

Chef
If you look at the top of Darielle's screen capture, just to the left of the city name, you'll see a cloud with a sun peeking out. When you're in your own city, if you hover over that, you will see that there is a percentage given there - it's a boost for coins and supplies (from workshops and other buildings that give the same item as workshops, just for clarity). The guides all recommend aiming for a minimum of 125%, which the icon indicates Darielle has.

You can boost this percentage with the Ensorcelled Endowment enchantment (the purple hand holding spell) by 5%. That, however, requires one of your neighbors to 'help' on the building on which you place the EE. So if you're ever in someone's city helping and you see a culture building with white sparkles over it that isn't a pet building (because you can't feed and cast the EE - can't cast more than one spell per building at a time), and that particular building doesn't have helping hands on it, that's the one you should click to help the person out the most with their culture boost.
Thanks for the information, I don't visit their cities, I just help from my city.

Gladiola

I'm not experiencing this problem, playing through the Chrome browser on a Chromebook.

Are you sure that you haven't helped those cities in the past 23 hours?

Revo1

Chef
IDK, I did have a problem with it kicking me out yesterday though on my Chromebook with the latest Android Elvenar app, and on my MacBook Pro running Big Sur (11.3.1) and Safari (14.1)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Look closer at the pic and you can see the hands are missing completely from the bottom bar. The hands stay there after visiting, but they are greyed out and mousing over them will show you how long you have to wait until you can help again.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
If you hover over where the hand should be does anything happen? It may be the color (greyed out or whatever color it is when it is saying you can do NH), may not be registering. The icon could still be there but, in that case, whatever is behind it shows through as there is no color value in for the object. To find out, hovr over the area and see if anything shows up as a tool tip.... like how long to the next NH. If the icon is actually there but just invisible then clicking on it should still allow you to do your NH, btw.

AJ

Darielle

I'm not experiencing this problem, playing through the Chrome browser on a Chromebook.

Even if I had, there would still be a hand there. It would just be grayed out. As you can see in the pic, there is no hand at all.

Edit: Sorry; I didn't see that Enevhar has already answered you. :)

Darielle

Just want to say that when I woke up today, everything was back to normal. I guess it was a temporary glitch. Thanks, everyone.