• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

No manual fight option

DeletedUser

Ok, I am thoroughly stumped.

New Beta account, Elf city. Full options.

Beta.png

DeletedUser21817

Started account in April. Chapter IV city now. Still no option to Auto.Fight or not. The Fight button below makes you auto.fight, and I lose out heavily that way. Entire squads dead, lots of resources and time wasted.
upload_2019-5-14_18-8-58.png

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Started account in April. Chapter IV city now. Still no option to Auto.Fight or not. The Fight button below makes you auto.fight, and I lose out heavily that way. Entire squads dead, lots of resources and time wasted.
You should put a ticket into support so they can look into it, the more players that do that, the more info the devs have to look at to figure out what is going on.

DeletedUser20951

I wholeheartedly sympathize with you who are without the auto-fight option. I've played several games with this style of fighting and I'm usually a huge fan of turn-based strategy, but Inno has managed to create a mockery of any semblance of fun in regards to their limited, sluggish, and tedious warfare. Being forced to fight manually is a form of torture, and if I had this issue... Well, Support would not like that. I would make sure of it.

Hope they resolve this soon.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I wholeheartedly sympathize with you who are without the auto-fight option. I've played several games with this style of fighting and I'm usually a huge fan of turn-based strategy, but Inno has managed to create a mockery of any semblance of fun in regards to their limited, sluggish, and tedious warfare. Being forced to fight manually is a form of torture, and if I had this issue... Well, Support would not like that. I would make sure of it.

Hope they resolve this soon.

Pssst.......you have it backwards. They can only auto-fight and want to manually fight. :)

DeletedUser21817

Oh, okay, that would explain why I never commented on this thread before. Still, I like having an excuse to complain about the battle system, even if it's due to misunderstanding the English language. :D
We do not have the option to manually fight, so everything is auto-resolve, which means constantly full squad losses and the inability to pull out of combat at an earlier point before losing entire armies.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I did. But it's taken them a month so far, and no fix, so I'm not really feeling like they think it's a priority.
They're in a bit of a crunch. By August, most people who are using Chrome (which has more than 75% of the browser market) won't be able to figure out how to run Elvenar unless they already switched to the HTML5 version. They aren't even going to know what's wrong, since Chrome will no longer tell them that flash is the issue. it just won't work.

If the HTML5 code isn't up to snuff by then, they could lose a significant chunk of the player base and/or be faced with large support headaches. It wouldn't surprise me if anything that doesn't actually break the game has a pretty low priority at the moment.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
They're in a bit of a crunch. By August, most people who are using Chrome (which has more than 75% of the browser market) won't be able to figure out how to run Elvenar unless they already switched to the HTML5 version. They aren't even going to know what's wrong, since Chrome will no longer tell them that flash is the issue. it just won't work.

If the HTML5 code isn't up to snuff by then, they could lose a significant chunk of the player base and/or be faced with large support headaches. It wouldn't surprise me if anything that doesn't actually break the game has a pretty low priority at the moment.

Plus auto-fight is the only option for mobile players, so I would be surprised if they did not eventually dump the manual fight option altogether. I do not know how many longtime players even still use it, but I know I stopped manually fighting a long time ago.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It would, but I bet there are fewer than a dozen times in the three years I've played that they've done so. Even assessing the difficulty of correcting a bug takes some time from a programmer. We know they are aware of it, and it is on their list of things to fix.