• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

No more Province Expansion :/

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
i still need to kill many maps, did once but felt guilty
12 maps is too much.
I can see where this perspective could create frustration. Now you've looked at Soggy's city and realized there are different effective approaches that can be taken toward this game. As you process this new information and how it can improve your game play, maybe start taking a look at the choices you're making that reflect conflicting perspectives and begin to adjust those perspectives. When you realize that '12 maps is too much', there is no reason to feel guilty that you leave abandoned cities. You have no control over game mechanics and the fact that there is not a mechanic to allow you to delete those cities is not your fault. Yes, we'd all like to have more active cities around us, but one less dead city is not going to impact much. Just don't leave your main hall in upgrade (for browser-only players) and we're good.

Perhaps if abandoning those cities still doesn't feel right to you, you could look at different approaches to how often folks play their various cities. Some players have only one city and only play on the weekends. Some players have 'baby cities' they play only when they are 'stuck' on something in their main city. Some players have a few cities where they are active, but they look to the '3 visits/week' as their guide and don't try to play them all 7 days/week. Some have one city they play several times a day 7 days a week, a smaller city they play 4 days/week, and a baby city for when they're 'stuck' in the other 2 cities.

There are many other examples of different perspectives on sustainable game play; I just wanted to help you start thinking in that direction. I hope you can find a play style that works better for you and creates less frustration. I'm sure it won't happen overnight, but over time adjustments to your perspectives should make the game fun again. And if it's not fun, really, what's the point? :D

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
To be fair, I also have 5 hazletowns and a level 6 GA, each of which replaces a house.
It's having fewer factories that makes all the difference.
Not to mention the other 3 hazeltowns? ...and the Troll, and the Holy Halls, and the Festival of Mendaci....

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Not to mention the other 3 hazeltowns? ...and the Troll, and the Holy Halls, and the Festival of Mendaci....
I count 6 now, still not 8.....
The troll gives zero pop, and the festival is so old it gives 700 pop (compared to 2800 from a res) I really should replace it, so I wouldn't recommend to others that they have one. same for my 14 month old winter star etc.

Basically if it is mouch worse than a residence, it isn't worth mentioning, as it gives me no advantage.

Re: the Festival, I think it is the best looking set building....too bad it isn't a set building:confused:

Most importantly if anyone wants my exact layout, they can very easily get the exact numbers from Elvenstats, so I'm not going to list every single little rainbow unicorn that I've forgotten I have.

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
So whenever you see someone complain about space, count their factories: If they have more than 4x T3 and aren't tournament gods, they are hoarders.

o_O Not true! I have 7 T3 factories. I do my best to answer trade requests from my FS and my prior FS. I also use them to buy extra KP. And of course I use them for tournaments. Not looking to hoard but simply using them for multiple purposes :p

SoggyShorts

o_O Not true! I have 7 T3 factories. I do my best to answer trade requests from my FS and my prior FS. I also use them to buy extra KP. And of course I use them for tournaments. Not looking to hoard but simply using them for multiple purposes :p
3 weeks ago you got over 5,000 tournament points- that counts as "tournament god" in my books even if you don't do it every week. (I assume your FS does 10 chest pushes?)which takes you out of the hoarder category.:)

SoggyShorts

Maybe the rendering from elvenstats is mistaken? I see five in the middle, one to the left of the canals, and two to the right of the bulwark.
Nah elvenstats is right, but if you mouse over each one you will see that 1 of those is a 12 month old egg and another is a 10 month old Menhiroks.
My plan calls for me to replace them and have more balanced pop(currently over 7K available), but my 2 slow ass builders are taking forever to upgrade my stuff. I did the residences first so they would be the right shape.

EDIT: also my plan is getting thrown out as I didn't realize I would finish the chapter before even getting half of my buildings upgraded, and didn't know about Wishing wells when I made it.

Last edited:

dikke ikke

I have 5 t1, 4 t2 and 3 t3 and 1 t4 factory, and i have to use MM a lot on my t3, it is hard to score around 3k in the tourneys every week. Meaning I am slowly running out of expansions, so i hope to win a few wishing wells to get diamonds

SoggyShorts

@tigor
There's another example of a player who seems to have a similar style to what I do :@dikke ikke's city (LINK)
Just 3 more expansions than I have, which based off of a level 2 builder and level 2 MA I'm guessing are from the world map, and not premium.
9 more Mt.Hall levels and 10 more GA levels, and in general just better wonder levels allows him to run a few more factories and get 3K tournament points compared to my 2K.

All around the same city, just better. There is however no free way for him to add another 10 factories to get a 7/7/7 build, but the point is that it looks like he's moving through the techs pretty quickly and doing 2x his share of getting 10 chests each tournament-- you can't ask for much more than that.

Last edited:

dikke ikke

Elvenarchtitect really helps to reorganize your city in between guest race levels, when i go from S&D to halflings, i was afraid i needed 10 expansions, after listing everything i had, build and leveled it up in elvenarchitect, I only needed 4.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
3 weeks ago you got over 5,000 tournament points- that counts as "tournament god" in my books even if you don't do it every week. (I assume your FS does 10 chest pushes?)which takes you out of the hoarder category.:)

Nah. 4 weeks ago :p Oddly enough I did that when I was still in smaller FS so FS got 6 chests. 5000 was just a challenge to myself :cool: Now in the FS I moved to the plan is 10 chests push every other week and looks like 8 chests on the off weeks. One thing is that it seems to me that I do need a whole lot of T3 to either use or trade regardless of which tournament is running if my plan/hope is to do 3000 in on weeks & 2000 in off weeks.

Now, even though I do have all the expansions I am still stuck in a quandary. I cleared a lot of space for this event. There are a bunch of very nice buildings I really want and have every intention of getting. Glad I do have room for most of them with the space I cleared plus a couple of replacements. BUT because I want to be a team player I don't think I can put any of them out until after the next FA :( So while I know I do actually have enough space it is really very frustrating that I cannot use a lot of it if I want to have L1 baby buildings for events & FA while still having a settlement for Elementals. It really is getting so we need clear space for shanty town almost all the time.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
If you are serious, send me a PM with a list of buildings that you are absolutely not willing to part with, and I'll see what I can come up with.:)

I like my trees, they're pretty. I like the pop and culture combined buildings because it less space than residences, but that being said, I can live without anything since they make all the stuff obselete.

SoggyShorts

Tauriel Dragonwood

I’m jumping up and down with glee. The rulers of Elvenar must have heard my plea. Wanna know why I’m so happy? Amongst all the provinces that are Hard and Very Hard, I found two Easy Provinces. Where there's two, there may be more.

It doesn't take much to please me. Just give me a place where the taxes are low,
good drinking water has to flow, and Easy Provinces where my troops are not afraid to go.​

DeletedUser4637

Have you tried Elvenarchitect? It looks like you should be able to free up at least a few expansions with some rearranging.
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/5e16b274f8994ae796027a96c5757ba8/

One thing to consider is that the need for normal goods really goes down with each guest race, and you shouldn't need as many factories.

Especially since you no longer need anything to clear on the world map, all you need is a tiny amount for techs, and to supplement your military in tournaments.

I'm cruising through chapter 12 (5 techs left) and I'm doing it with a 2/2/2 build.
Still have room for 40 level 1 event buildings too, even with 17 fewer expansions than you are using.
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/560cea3042b44287a0bc88e5c131a1be/
Thank you, Soggy, for the response. I will try to figure out the architect and take in your suggestions

DeletedUser3507

I don't even know what I would do with the 8 more free expansions I have coming from the map, let alone 22 more expansions from diamonds.
  • Finish major events in 4 days instead of 5? Yay?
  • Do the FA 90% all by myself? Hoorah?
  • Build even more settlement buildings that I wouldn't run due to seed production? Yippie?

I do...;);););)

And a few months back I catered a 7.2k tourney to reduce my inventory

SoggyShorts

And a few months back I catered a 7.2k tourney to reduce my inventory
Yes I recall that, it was quite impressive.
You've actually averaged 2,500 in the last 10 tournaments compared to my 1,900 which is a fair bit more.....although not as much as I would have expected with more than triple the factories. Actually since our militaries are about even, and I autofight ~95% of the tournament, I'm still unclear as to what your goods are doingo_O:D

Pheryll

Set Designer
Yes I recall that, it was quite impressive.
You've actually averaged 2,500 in the last 10 tournaments compared to my 1,900 which is a fair bit more.....although not as much as I would have expected with more than triple the factories. Actually since our militaries are about even, and I autofight ~95% of the tournament, I'm still unclear as to what your goods are doingo_O:D

Low squad size and a heavy focus on autofighting tournaments is a combo which I believe to be inherently imbalanced. You produce squads faster and for cheaper cost, only because you did not invest in optional squad technology.