• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

No more Province Expansion :/

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Question for SoggyShorts. I was wondering if you would please take a look at my city and evaluate it for any changes/improvements you would make. I know you are very helpful and that is what I am looking for HELP. I am about halfway through Halflings at this time and want to run a very efficient city.
Thank You
Your city looks pretty good to me, you have loads of space, the main thing I would suggest is adding more wonders and increasing your military so that you can do more in tournaments.
SSS
Bulwark
Monastery

Also you won't need 3 T4 in chapter 12, so you can nuke 2 of your steel factories and use the pop to max out other buildings.

InvincibleRailroad

Thank You for the quick reply! I built the steel manufactories for the upcoming chapter. My boosts are Marble, Crystal and Gems. So you are saying one will suffice?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Thank You for the quick reply! I built the steel manufactories for the upcoming chapter. My boosts are Marble, Crystal and Gems. So you are saying one will suffice?
Yep, 1 stee is enough. I built 2 just to level 24, and they both sat idle for ~80% of the time.

Last edited:

verygr8ful

To be very honest, it seems like it could be helpful if there was some kind of advance notice about this issue. I slammed, and I do mean slammed into it a few weeks ago and the blow was huge for me. I had built in a particular manner, looking forward to completion of the space, relying on the knowing I would have it for how I hoped to fill out my village once I finished Constructs. When I realized the only way to complete would be by paying, and I mean paying a lot of money, rl money, I cannot even tell you how shocking, how upsetting, how tricked I felt. I have played in here for years, tremendously enjoying it.

We have worked very hard to go from an 80th place to the top and it has taken a long time and many ups and downs in our fs. The odd feeling that the whole thing was some odd trick for INNO to make an even greater amount of money off of diamond purchase, was just so counter to most of what I experience in here that I cannot describe in words how shocked I was. I could not believe I had been a part of something that would, under it all, just simply be about a money grab.

I left Elvenar, shut down my Paypal account and it took me two days to recenter myself. I was furious and I was really, really sad.
Advance notice would have been super helpful and would have avoided a great deal of necessary upset, for me and for my fs.

In hindsight, it now makes sense they do this to delay the game, keep those of us at the later part of things engaged and have a reason to hang around game wise (not socially, I mean). I understand now that there will be chances to expand in new chapters and if I save diamonds earned via wishing well. Etc, etc.
I am happy to be back in my very understanding and supportive fs. We were thrilled to take 1st place in the US in the FA last week. We are serious players and have a really great time, and everyone who has hit this 'surprise' has the same crummy, bad taste in their mouth.

The experience put an unnecessary shock wave through myself and my fs. And now we know and we are working to be sure others build with this in mind.
I am sure if there are any replies here, many will want to say 'operator error', how could I be so 'dumb', devs gotta pay the rent, and so on. Of course, I get that, I suspect I have paid the rent for more than one of them over the years.

I just think they are probably doing fairly well and could afford to find a different way to share this with players, or change the idea of such crummy surprises.
We are going to play anyway, why not be about abundance and integrity?
Sheesh.

V8

Last edited:

DeletedUser1390

...I cannot describe in words how shocked I was.
Actually you did a pretty good job.

I and many other experienced the same thing, and I agree that there should a warning of this in the explanation of Province Expansions. It would hardly serve as any kind of disincentive to new players to know they could get a 'mere' 457 expansions, or whatever it is.