• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

No More Repeatable Quests for New Cities?

DeletedUser13789

I recently decided to build a third city (I have two other in dwarfs) and I surprised to find there is no longer a second helper/cyclical quests in chapter 1. I only have the Magic Academy left to research before I open the chest for chapter 2 and I still only have one quest line (currently at “Have a Flying Boat”)

Is this a bug or is the second helper not available in chapter 1 now? I’m hoping it appears in Chapter 2, but I’m a bit concerned. This is in world 2, but I've tested other worlds and after completing the 18 intro quests, a second helper is not appearing. Anyone else encountering this?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Yes, others have found this on different worlds and beta. The intro quests gives a nice boost and diamonds so they must have gone to that and dropped the repeating quests. These do reappear in chapter 2, I can't recall specifically from where but they are still there in that chapter.

DeletedUser13789

Mykan,
I am now in Chapter 2 in this new city and while a second quest line has appeared. There are no cycling quest thus far and the quest that I am declining to try and find them are taking me further and further into the research goals. This seems like such a fundamental change to early city strategy that all the guides now need to be rewritten. How can we teach quest cycling when there are no longer any quest cycles? Or at least that is what it appears to be thus far. What exactly have you heard about this? Are all the fundamental quest cycles (advanced tools & gold, t1, t2, t3 collection, relics, ect... ) gone? Because that is exactly what it looks like in my new city.

Arayla

https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/optional-quests is still a good resource for Chapter 3 and beyond. Chapters 1 and 2 have significantly changed the quest lines. And the super-easy cycling quests to gain boosted goods aren't an option until somewhere around Chapter 4. It is no longer as easy for someone to start a new game and rush through the quests and get to the next chapter. The upside is that there should be fewer players who finish the quests and don't have a decent understanding of the basics who then abandon the game.

DeletedUser13789

Well, then that seems like a good thing…. Well, now my scorn and frustration has turned to a begrudging sense of gratefulness. ;-). Sorry if I was a bit snarky! Thank you for the explanation and additional resources!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
What exactly have you heard about this?

My chapter 2 town has the quests, you do have to follow the existing quests for a bit. The new setup changes things but it is not too bad as an alternate.They also give you 100 diamonds which they didn't use to (for your first town).

This seems like such a fundamental change to early city strategy that all the guides now need to be rewritten. How can we teach quest cycling when there are no longer any quest cycles?
That is not a bad thing. They have wanted to change quest cycling in the past but people were too dependent on it not knowing how to design a sustainable town without it. Hopefully newer people learn in the first 2 chapters that they don't need to quest cycle to have a town.

I do sincerely hope that guides don't teach people to rely on quest cycling.