• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

No residences hack?

Swordkin

Hello hello.

Im playing with the thought of parking in a chapter for a long time, to focus on spire, wonders and tournaments. and i have this idea, that if i build my city to produce as much as i can fit in. and then delete/teleport, away ALL my residences. and then use the free space for culture buildings that provide troops and goods on the side.

Would there be any problems with this besides, being unable to build new buildings that require pop?
I have lots of coin instants btw more than i can spend atm.

DeletedUser27062

Hello hello.

Im playing with the thought of parking in a chapter for a long time, to focus on spire, wonders and tournaments. and i have this idea, that if i build my city to produce as much as i can fit in. and then delete/teleport, away ALL my residences. and then use the free space for culture buildings that provide troops and goods on the side.

Would there be any problems with this besides, being unable to build new buildings that require pop?
I'm not sure about "all" but one of my cities is down to only 6 res and has just finished orcs, and is fully fight capable.
Now, to be clear, I'm not in a negative pop situation, I simply have a sh*tload of hybrids, no t3 manufactories and very healthy goods reserves.
I think it's prolly doable.

Swordkin

Okay thank you both, ive been thinking long and hard about how to get an edge on my peers. so i might try this out at some point. possible at the end of Chapter 5.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I was in Fairies for maybe 9 months, not quite a year (it was a bet). I hit the Orc wall on map because I still needed to clear a lot of provinces for events. I feel like in the past, there were more quests that you can only do on map without alternatives. I was also overscouted from the start because I was in the desert and had to tunnel far to reach civilization. If you are parking and still care about events, that might be an issue depending on how long your parking is. @Iyapo1 is at least past the Orc wall.

Zoof

It's less that there's a ceiling on scouting and more that it gets inordinately harder to complete the province you scouted, since at the 11th or 12th ring, negotiations start requiring orcs (as a resource) in order to proceed. You could conceivably bulk out on all manners of temp troop buff buildings (Enlightened Light Range, Unleashed Unit Upgrade, Magnificent Mage Multiplier, and a few others) and fight your way past that point. Which is something I did in my main city for exactly one province back when I was in fairies* (there was a city that I really wanted to discover for no-fee trading).

As for events, I've hit on a strategy of scouting but not completing some provinces earlier on so that they'll be available to do if I choose to park it for a while. Some people don't even go that far and scout around the province they've selected. I've experimented with that technique with my new city. Which... admittedly made chapter 1 a fair bit harder than it had to be...

ELVENAR_WM2.jpg

Here's hoping that was worth it.

Anyway... uh. Yeah. The original question. Going negative pop is a thing people do in the exact manner you describe it as. Set up all your manufactories, remove most or all residences, then fill the gap with a bunch of strategists and/or floaty lizard pits. I'm personally wanting to try it on my main city but am having a hard time committing to it. It just FEELS wrong. And also requires a bit of prep to undo if you want to participate in Fellowship Adventures in an equally minimax-y way.

* I totally remember it being fairies. I'd gotten a face full of Blossom Mages and so totally made them go brrrrrt with the help of 4 MMMs.

Deleted User - 849411552

Hello hello.

I have a similar idea, when and if I want to start the game again. To see if it can be done, I want to play the game through with no residences, using only Cultural Hybrid buildings and Wonders (Golden Abyss and Mountain Halls) for population. Coins would have to come from the Golden Abyss, Neighbourly Visits and Coin Instants.

I have a feeling that Residences would be unavoidable until I could make it to the end of Chapter 2 to gain the Golden Abyss. It looks like the Wayfarer's Tavern is the first Culture/Population hybrid available, but not until Chapter 6 (apart from hybrids that require diamonds), but possibly I could win Culture/Population hybrids in an event much earlier.

There would be challenges to this approach, particularly getting started, but I would think it could be very efficient later on.

Let us know how your experiment progresses, Swordkin.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
You could conceivably bulk out on all manners of temp troop buff buildings (Enlightened Light Range, Unleashed Unit Upgrade, Magnificent Mage Multiplier, and a few others) and fight your way past that point.
(Z)Oof...trying to fight an Orc province from chapter 5...not sure it's worth the amount of buff buildings!