• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

No Trades for Sentient Goods (Arcane Ink specifically)

• Thread starter DeletedUser7163
  • Start date

DeletedUser7163

I play on Arendyll. I'm in the Amuni chapter and I'm in desperate need of trades for Arcane Ink to upgrade the guest race buildings. Obsidian is my boosted sentient good. I'm posting two-star trades (trading Obsidian for Arcane Ink), and there are no takers. My trades generally just sit there for days, until they expire. Trades for scrolls seem to take awhile, too. To be clear, I'm not complaining that no one takes my trades - my questions are: Is there / could there be a scarcity of scrolls producers in / on Arendyll, or on my area of the map? Is there a scarcity of players at the level of producing sentient goods - Arcane Ink specifically - in my area of the map on Arendyll?

DeletedUser2207

I don't know about Arendyll's situation specifically, but here's some general info:

Sentient trades are server wide, not neighborhood & fellowship specific. It's not uncommon for unbalances in sentient production to show up but they usually tend to gradually even out over enough time. Even if the number of players in each type of good was exactly even differences in city layout and activity will play a role in how much of each sentient good is available as well. Typically, adding a small bonus so your trade is 3 star and shows at the top will be enough to get your trades taken, but occasionally the unbalance is enough that even 3 star trades will sit for a long time

Scroll producers produce Royal Velvet as their S2 boost, so there's no connection between the scroll shortage you're seeing and the arcane ink shortage. Scroll trades are neighborhood & fellowship specific - your fellowship may need more scroll producers to even things out. Again, adding a small bonus so your trades are 3 star often helps.

Socrates28

As Alegria said, a small bonus gets you to the top of the trade list and it gould be as small as 5 to get there: i.e 1005 Arcane Ink for 1000 Seeds. It is well wroth the small loss to get your tardes taken. I do it all the time and they do not stay there long at all. This may be the reason your trades are not takes as well. Other players are posting trades with a discount and never get to yours at all.

DeletedUser23049

I play on Arendyll. I'm in the Amuni chapter and I'm in desperate need of trades for Arcane Ink to upgrade the guest race buildings. Obsidian is my boosted sentient good. I'm posting two-star trades (trading Obsidian for Arcane Ink), and there are no takers. My trades generally just sit there for days, until they expire. Trades for scrolls seem to take awhile, too. To be clear, I'm not complaining that no one takes my trades - my questions are: Is there / could there be a scarcity of scrolls producers in / on Arendyll, or on my area of the map? Is there a scarcity of players at the level of producing sentient goods - Arcane Ink specifically - in my area of the map on Arendyll?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Scroll producers produce Royal Velvet as their S2 boost, so there's no connection between the scroll shortage you're seeing and the arcane ink shortage.
Not accurate because it overly simplifies the production. The primary component of Arcane Ink is scrolls. With my platinum and silly soap I will often produce excess and take other people's trades just to be nice while using up seeds. I try never to produce more ink than I need to, and when I do have excess, I don't trade it away because it decays into scrolls.

Next up, most players on my server seems to understand that if you offer one-to-one trades requesting scrolls, you may not get them, so people like me are forced to pay extra to obtain the scrolls in the first place. That means people offering Ink for anything are already at a disadvantage, because we've paid a premium to get the scrolls to make it in the first place.

It's unlikely I am the only person who sees this. I can guarantee you that there is less Ink available than there would be if there were not scroll shortages.

Pheryll

Set Designer
It's unlikely I am the only person who sees this. I can guarantee you that there is less Ink available than there would be if there were not scroll shortages.

The thing is the OP did not say there was a scroll shortage. The OP asked if there were fewer scroll producers. All I can tell at this point is that there is a shortage of ink, which means a lack of crystal boosted players at the sentient levels. Most often this means that crystals is lower of the three, however an abundance of silk boosted players at sentient levels could make up for this. And then there is the offset of event buildings, often having even more influence than sentient production on the quantity of non-sentient goods. In fact if there was a shortage in those boosted in scroll, it could be easily hidden by the moonstone library sets available.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
there's no connection between the scroll shortage you're seeing and the arcane ink shortage.
The thing is the OP did not say there was a scroll shortage.
I didn't reply to the OP. I replied to someone who said the shortage of Scrolls has nothing to do with the shortage of Ink.
All I can tell at this point is that there is a shortage of ink, which means a lack of crystal boosted players at the sentient levels.
And I'm refuting this. I have two scroll factories at the setnient level, and most of the time they produce scrolls because I am unwilling to produce any more Ink than the bare minimum to accomplish my needs, and when I do have excess, I keep them because they decay back to scrolls instead of decaying to something I don't need.
And then there is the offset of event buildings, often having even more influence than sentient production on the quantity of non-sentient goods.
Yes. Excess T3 from event buildings is bleeding T2 in general, which is exacerbating the shortage of Scrolls. when y=.8x and y=.8z, x/y/z quantities of T2 is less of an issue than x-20%, y-20%, z-20% because now y=.64x and y=.64z

In fact if there was a shortage in those boosted in scroll, it could be easily hidden by the moonstone library sets available.
In the future it will be. Today there are not enough moonstone sets in production to make up for six months of accumulating shortages. I am not addressing what the Ink supply will be like in the future.

To repeat myself, I am an Ink producer, and today I am paying more to obtain scrolls than to obtain other T2. And today, I am unwilling to produce any more Ink than the bare minimum to accomplish my needs, and when I do have excess, I keep them because they decay back to scrolls instead of decaying to something I don't need. I don't think I am the only person doing so.

Pheryll

Set Designer
To repeat myself, I am an Ink producer, and today I am paying more to obtain scrolls than to obtain other T2. And today, I am unwilling to produce any more Ink than the bare minimum to accomplish my needs, and when I do have excess, I keep them because they decay back to scrolls instead of decaying to something I don't need. I don't think I am the only person doing so.

I play differently. I keep up the sentient production even after completion of the last chapter as the T2 goods consumed are more than replaced by the eventual decay. So I am using divine seeds to essentially produce the T2 goods. This strategy becomes even more effective with the time warp wonder as that improves the ratio of sentients produced to T2 consumed.

As far as I can tell there is little reason not to keep up the sentient production (barring the newly introduced teleport spell as that can switch your production on the fly from full normal goods, to sentient production) as you will need the sentient buildings in the next chapter anyway.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I play differently. I keep up the sentient production even after completion of the last chapter as the T2 goods consumed are more than replaced by the eventual decay.
I had not looked at production closely enough to notice that the result was greater than the input (as far as the original T2 is concerned) if that is truly the case, I'll probably join you. In the end, though, that doesn't change the fact that I'm not going to trade them away for something I don't need as much. As long as my Crystal production keeps up with my crystal and silk needs, I've got no reason to trade away extra Ink when it will eventually give me more scrolls.

Deleted User - 3932582

That means people offering Ink for anything are already at a disadvantage, because we've paid a premium to get the scrolls to make it in the first place.
Just to clarify that this is server-specific. E.g. on Ceravyn (US7) I don't see shortage of ink. I'd say all T2 sentients are moving well (in reasonable amounts); obsidian is probably sticking around the trader the longest. If there is one sentient that is somewhat harder to obtain that would be soap, and to a lesser degree platinum. But I had no issues filling any of the sentient trades within, say, half a day - usually it goes faster. All at 1:1 same tier.

Eldenisa Tiege

Just to clarify that this is server-specific. E.g. on Ceravyn (US7) I don't see shortage of ink. I'd say all T2 sentients are moving well (in reasonable amounts); obsidian is probably sticking around the trader the longest. If there is one sentient that is somewhat harder to obtain that would be soap, and to a lesser degree platinum. But I had no issues filling any of the sentient trades within, say, half a day - usually it goes faster. All at 1:1 same tier.

MinMax Gamer, I am also on Ceravyn and I certainly feel as though there is a shortage of Arcane Ink. There are 20+ pages on the board demanding Ink. I have had 3-star trades sitting for 2 days. Took them down because I feel that some traders just wait until the goods decay to take trades. Since I already have 3-star trades up I would rather have them resolve to scrolls.
I don't understand why the board is so out of whack.

Eldenisa Tiege

I'm sorry. I just saw that the last comment was from Oct 4, 2019. My apologies, MinMax Gamer.

But I would like some feedback as to why there is such a shortage of Arcane Ink on Ceravyn.

Deleted User - 3932582

I'm sorry. I just saw that the last comment was from Oct 4, 2019. My apologies, MinMax Gamer.

But I would like some feedback as to why there is such a shortage of Arcane Ink on Ceravyn.
A lot of people finished chapter 15, and dropped their sentient production significantly. This would likely exacerbate any existing imbalances.