• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

No trades

DeletedUser23311

Is it common to have no trades in your trades screen or to have very few trades available? lately that is what i have or should I say don’t have !

DeletedUser2959

It's pretty common, especially if you have a smaller explored area. Make sure you check the option to let them move you if you're in a dead area.

Gath Of Baal

Its under options at the bottom right corner, check the box that says move city to a better location or something close to that..

Its not uncommon to have 0 trades listed in the trader, mostly if you are a new city and have only explored a few provinces, or you are living in a dead area.. to help until your city is moved you can always join a fellowship and have access to up to 24 other players in the trader.

I think seeing 0 trades in the trader has got to be better then seeing 25+ pages of 1000 tier 3 for 16000 tier 1 :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser23311

I was able to find where to set that option and it was already set - I am in a good fellowship that helps with trades and at dwarves on the research tree - I have just noticed this in the last few weeks that my trades are less and less until now there are none - so will they move me automatically - how does this work

Socrates28

This is a very sore subject with me as I was in what I considered to be a good area, and not knowing any better as I was new in the game, I also had the "Move to a better position" box checked. Then I got moved to the very edge of the map with nothing to my west and south but gold mines. It remains much like that to this day, about a year later. If it were not for my FS I probably would have quit long ago. I unchecked the box when I found out that I could and that is where it remains today.
Perhaps I should check it again, but if this was a "better" place for trades I would hate to think where they would put me next time.

NightshadeCS

I was able to find where to set that option and it was already set - I am in a good fellowship that helps with trades and at dwarves on the research tree - I have just noticed this in the last few weeks that my trades are less and less until now there are none - so will they move me automatically - how does this work
There are several factors. Periodically, the game will go through and wipe out cities that are idle and have not met certain criteria. If a spot becomes open that has your same arrangement of boosts (those will remain the same, so they have to find a spot for you that has the same type provinces surrounding your current city), and is closer to the geographic center of the map, and you are at the top of the waiting list, then you will be moved.

This may or may not be immediately advantageous. I was moved once in Winyandor, and my map was just as empty as it was in the original location. Luckily, though, since I was now closer to the middle, more and more people started being moved in as neighbors of mine, and things improved, though at a snail's pace.

My only other suggestion for trading is to keep a lot of trades up all the time. It is much easier to post trades for what you need than to find trades to take. Unless you are in need of one particular good for a research or tournament, try to balance your goods. Balancing amongst the tiers is difficult, but within the same tier is good policy. So, try to keep trades up that will keep you at roughly equal amounts of planks, marble, and steel. Same for silk, crystal, scrolls; and dust, gems, elixir. Trying to balance your tier 1 to your tier 2 is best done by using enchantments and analyzing how many of each manufactory you need vs their level.

Mykan

Oh Wise One

It is also possible that it is members in your fellowship clearing trades. It is not uncommon for some members to clear as many trades as possible in their fellowship. If your placing trades and they are getting taken quickly then your in a good spot, regardless of what is in the trader. Appreciate this now, once you get to Ch 14 with goods you can trade across the world and 70-150+ pages of trades it is painful to find anything.

Perhaps I should check it again, but if this was a "better" place for trades I would hate to think where they would put me next time.

The relocation has nothing to do with your trading or a better place for trading. It works on the assumption that active players are near the middle and moves people closer to the middle. Even if that means you go from 500 spots away with some people about to the other side of the map and a "new edge" that is 450 spots away but with no neighbours. The assumption is closer is better cause they keep dropping out old towns and moving people in closer. I know my town has seen some goldmines for a little while lately and sometimes those are filling up with new people but I have seen the odd established town drop into them as well.

DeletedUser12171

Don't let absence of trades trouble you. When you need something, take what you see in the trader and then if you still need more, post up your own trades.

1. Just cos you can't see trades doesn't mean other people don't see yours. As long as they've scouted to within a certain distance of your city (2 rings?), they can see your trades and might well take them

2. Someone else might come on while you're away and take your trades, as you'll usually find.

I myself always take trades requesting my boosted goods, whether as small as 100 or as large as 100k, as long as I can afford it. The only trades I avoid are those below 2-star and cross tier trades posted by non-FS members.

The really bad thing is not seeing no trades, but it's if you post trades and they are not taken after a long time. Then I'd say you really have a problem on your hands.

DeletedUser23311

I do try to post a lot of trades -2star - but most trades I see are 1star so I only take them if they are close to 2star -I seem to only get trades from a few ppl though and mine can sit there for a long time or until my fellowship members take them

question do the ppl I see trades from see mine as well or not ?

NightshadeCS

I do try to post a lot of trades -2star - but most trades I see are 1star so I only take them if they are close to 2star -I seem to only get trades from a few ppl though and mine can sit there for a long time or until my fellowship members take them

More than likely, they do. As RandomNo. said above, you see trades from all the folks you have discovered on the map, plus a couple rings/provinces beyond that. Conversely, the people who see your trades have either discovered you, or you are close enough to the area they have discovered. So, if you have a lot of high-chapter neighbors, they will all be seeing your trades. If you are on the edge of the map surrounded by gold mines and mostly low-level players, then you may not have a lot of people seeing your trades.

I'll have to have @Mykan or someone else who knows for sure weigh in, but I think there may even be a minimum for trading partners. The game may expand your trading region out when you are brand new until you scout past that.

Also, the reason you are probably seeing a lot of 1-star trades is because there is a sort of "tax" taken for trades with people you have not discovered yet. Next to their trade, you should see a little exclamation point if that is the case. Those people may be offering at 2-star, but because of the "tax," you are seeing it as 1-star.

DeletedUser12171

Everyone only sees trades from people within a certain range of their maximum explored area, so the answer is "it depends". Those who have scouted near you will see your trades, just as you will see trades of those who you've scouted near

EDIT: I should add that you can see trades from those that are within a certain range from your scouted borders (I can't remember exactly how far, but someone has mentioned it on these boards before) BUT those trades will be taxed until you actually scouted to them.

Never take a trade that you think is not good, just because there are no other trades. Like I said, post your own, someone will take them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mykan

Oh Wise One
From what we have been told you can trade with your nearest 200 neighbours. Each neighbour needs to discover each other to avoid the tax on trading, so most players won't accept trades with the tax. So a towns size with have a direct relationship with how many neighbours they can trade with without penalty. This is one of the reasons a good fellowship is key as there is no penalty trading with them. They are normally your key trading partners until you and often your neighbours grow big enough.

Socrates28

The relocation has nothing to do with your trading or a better place for trading. It works on the assumption that active players are near the middle and moves people closer to the middle. Even if that means you go from 500 spots away with some people about to the other side of the map and a "new edge" that is 450 spots away but with no neighbours. The assumption is closer is better cause they keep dropping out old towns and moving people in closer. I know my town has seen some goldmines for a little while lately and sometimes those are filling up with new people but I have seen the odd established town drop into them as well.
This did not happen to me. I was and am an active player. I was nearer the center and in a better trading area than I am now. As for gold mines, if I consider the ones scarttered above me, I would say that at least 50% of my discovered area is empty. This has not changed in the year I have been here. The theory may be acurate but my experience showed me something different, and as I said before this is a sore spot with me. Right or wrong, good or bad, that is my experience with moving.