• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Non-active Warnings

DeletedUser18689

It would be nice to know which cities have not played in months while out recruiting or trying to find new members for your Fellowship. Seems to me that in my world, there are a ton of HUGE cities with no Fellowship, No current buildings, just seem like ghost towns. I think a question mark in the city instead of the city or something to designate a stall in manufacturing or log ins, something.
I think recruiting is near impossible for this reason.
Does any body have the same issue. It would be helpful to have a way of knowing if the people you can see on your world are active before you invite them to your FS.

DeletedUser6219

Back when I ran a fellowship - I would simply send them an email. I would just copy/paste it. If no reply then I just figured they were either not interested or just not playing.

Laochra

I use ElvenStats, which has made recruiting a little more streamlined, but can still be inconvenient when you have to keep flipping back & forth between the two. I had previously suggested having an asterisk next to their name in the player lists to indicate those who have been inactive for 30+ days. This would eliminate the need to flip to ElvenStats, search their name & then find they are inactive. We could skip them altogether, save time & possibly find more recruits & use ElvenStats to look up players that we know are active--to check out their specific details. :cool:

DeletedUser1349

30 days is waaaay too much. I don't want to recruit players who last logged in 29 days ago. How about 5? Players who have not logged in in 30 days should be totally removed from the player list until they become active again.

In a perfect world Inno would give us a "looking for fellowship" indicator next to a player's name option or even better a separate listing for those looking for a fellowship. Players unhappy with their current fellowship could then feel free to leave their fellowship knowing they would be picked up quickly by a new fellowship.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1349

In your effort to mindlessly bang on keys just to run up your post count, you are totally lost in this thread. No one posted anything about deleting accounts. Real life emergencies have nothing to do with the subject. Inactive is inactive.

As far as the world forum section, even you must know very few players post on forums. It is a good section to advertize fellowships, I have a thread myself. As for recruiting, it is pretty useless. Players actively looking for a fellowship will always find one. Recruiting is different. By the time I check that "looking for a fellowship" section, the player has already found one. Apparently you have never recruited at all.

Recruiting is a private matter, trying to convince a player w/o a fellowship that they will be happy if they join mine. I do not headhunt from solid fellowships with an active good archmage.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12430

I use ElvenStats, which has made recruiting a little more streamlined, but can still be inconvenient when you have to keep flipping back & forth between the two. I had previously suggested having an asterisk next to their name in the player lists to indicate those who have been inactive for 30+ days. This would eliminate the need to flip to ElvenStats, search their name & then find they are inactive. We could skip them altogether, save time & possibly find more recruits & use ElvenStats to look up players that we know are active--to check out their specific details. :cool:

This is exactly what I was talking about. I am at the end of Woodelves, and I just found Elvenstats. Yes, it is a GREAT companion site and I will use it a lot more as I learn how it works, but the main point is can the game itself not show you some of this information without making you flip back and forth to a companion site like Elvenstats or anyother site for that matter?

shimmerfly

In your effort to mindlessly bang on keys just to run up your post count, you are totally lost in this thread. No one posted anything about deleting accounts. Real life emergencies have nothing to do with the subject. Inactive is inactive.
Wow was that really necessary? I'm sure you didn't mean to sound so harsh or rude but that's how it reads. :confused:
I disagree. Real life emergencies can cause a long interruption in the game and make it appear that one is inactive.

DeletedUser6547

One false for Elventats. I tested this previously. A player can login and do absolutely nothing and still get the inactive if they don't upgrade something. Its based on upgrades or inactive. Maybe the person is farming goods till they can make a serious dent on tourney if in an FS.

Steps off soap box. Carry on

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
One false for Elventats. I tested this previously. A player can login and do absolutely nothing and still get the inactive if they don't upgrade something. Its based on upgrades or inactive. Maybe the person is farming goods till they can make a serious dent on tourney if in an FS.

I thought it was pretty clear that the metric being used was lack of a change in score. We have that same metric as a requirement for membership in our FS: 'score must move in a period of...' I've found it close to impossible to prevent my score from changing at all in a week, even if that change was a drop in score.
Maybe @elvenstats or @SoggyShorts can shed a bit more light on the subject...

Pheryll

Set Designer

Technically it is based on score change. If the score does not increase or decrease, then the person is assumed inactive.

The message ElvenStats gives for the warning is: "This player may be inactive. Score last changed yyyy-mm-dd T hh:mm:ss.sss Z"

EDIT: Looks like samidodamage responded before me. Excellent ninja skills.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4576

When Facebook admitted how many dead/fake accounts they were carrying they set a record for stock price loss in a single day.

DeletedUser6547

lol? And FB has what to do with my post? I admit yes I own maybe 15 accounts and most I forgot the logins. Does not mean a thing to the test I ran. I got several farmers together and making stuff for tourney. However I grew bored not having time to watch any tv and ceased it. The farmers were just changing their stores daily and was marked inactive by Elvenstats. So I fail to see how FB comes close to Elvenar. At least here the low chapters are recycled.

Nyrva

I am curious - when you're playing on the world map-- is an inactive player one who does not have a banner or crest on their city? I have several in my area on the world map who do not have crests/banners. Those seem to get replaced with a "hole" in the ground with gold in it and shortly thereafter, someone else takes over. (I'm still pretty new to this- can't even make topics on the forums. lol!) Thanks. :)

Also in the "guild" I am in, I've been trying to determine if I should stay in it or find one that's more active. I only see a few regular players who seem to do anything in it. Even the guild owner seems to have been inactive for a week. (That could be RL issues, or someone just bored with the game. Happens. I know people who quit and resub WoW all the time and I play that also.)

DeletedUser

I am curious - when you're playing on the world map-- is an inactive player one who does not have a banner or crest on their city? I have several in my area on the world map who do not have crests/banners. Those seem to get replaced with a "hole" in the ground with gold in it and shortly thereafter, someone else takes over. (I'm still pretty new to this- can't even make topics on the forums. lol!) Thanks. :)

Cities without banners are players who are not in a Fellowship...some people prefer playing solo. There is an algorithm in the game that periodically removes inactive cities if they meet certain criteria. Those are the "money pits" you see from time to time.

To make a topic on the forum, find the correct sub-forum you want to post in (like this sub-forum is General Discussion), and look for the green circle with the white cross in the center of it. Click that, and there you have it. ;)

LayDHawk

Also in the "guild" I am in, I've been trying to determine if I should stay in it or find one that's more active. I only see a few regular players who seem to do anything in it. Even the guild owner seems to have been inactive for a week. (That could be RL issues, or someone just bored with the game. Happens. I know people who quit and resub WoW all the time and I play that also.)

Nyrva, as for the Fellowship that is not very active, go shopping so to speak. There are many things to look for in a Fellowship, things that are important to you: activity, chat, growth, and advice, to mention a few. In game play, in the upper right hand corner you will see your portrait just below that is your rating. Click on your rating number and a window pops up with tabs. These tabs include Fellowships and you can look from there.

Hope this helps :)