• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Non-boosted production quest in Ch18

michmarc

1646342846894.png

I just got this quest. I'm boosted in Planks, which means my boosted ascended good is Ignited Ingots. Why am I being asked to produce Sprouts? The game should never encourage the production of non-boosted goods.

(A better quest might be to acquire sprouts, as a way to introduce ascended trading goods.)

Fayeanne

I am not to that chapter yet; however, I did notice a similar situation in the chapter when you first get sentient goods.

(Spoiler alert for those not to this chapter yet.)

Your town advisor starts out by talking about how we use relics to boost goods production, and there is a sequence of quests telling you to level one of your boosted T1 manufactories (Steel in my case) to certain levels. Then after you get the factory to the sentient level, the quest giver asks for one of the sentient productions from that factory--which you are not boosted in. Then when you complete that quest, the town advisor muses, "Hmm, it seems our regular boost relics don't work on these sentient goods," and he goes on to plan B, which is to build and level a different manufactory (Planks in my case), leading you to your boosted sentient good.

The point being, it's all part of the progression of the plot leading the characters to discover how their sentient boosted good is from a different manufactory than the regular boost. So it's possible the writers are doing something similar in your situation?