• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Non-participating FS Members?

DeletedUser14078

The FS I'm in has only removed players if they haven't had any activity in a couple of weeks, meaning no growth in their city or other activity like visits or tourney participation, something that shows they are still around in some way. Other than that if you don't want to visit my city, whatever.

It's an online game, not like working a job. Sometimes I go a day or two without visiting other players cities and just log in long enough to collect production and go back to doing whatever in RL.

I have two members in my FS that's always stumping for requirements for tournament or FS adventures. Our FS was established to not have requirements for players and is why I joined, requirements take the fun out of the game for me, and many others in my FS, so we remain requirement free, and will so long as I'm AM ;)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I'm AM of a small FS. It was given to me by someone who left without saying anything. I set the FS so anybody can join. The description asks for 2 star trades and notifies players that they will be removed if they are missing for a month. I use ElvenStats to determine last time flagged players were active and remove them. I figure they can rejoin if they pick the game back up. Hopefully it creates a stepping stone for brand new players who may have trouble finding a FS.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Argh newbies....:mad:
I am in a 10 chest FS and that suits me fine... I love the rewards...:)

My main city is still the #1 FS on E world, we do 10 chests every week and surprisingly I'm the #8 ranked. I was referring to my little city on W world that you have visited occasionally :p Since I got the FS on W world dropped on me I figured I would make it a positive for newbies but it's not my main focus.

Last edited:

DeletedUser20396

I was the monitor for our fellowship, And found hardly more than 8 people were even progressing in there cities. Our AM set up a gmail account so that we could use it as a bigger chat box for the fellowship. We also have bi-weekly meetings, although that starts in Jan. I can understand ya'lls dilemma, to remove or not to remove. George of the Jungle, "To swing, or not to swing, swing!" But where trading is concerned, I just started one day after Thanksgiving, and haven't even got a crystal or scrolls or silk manufacturer. I do visit everytime I'm on and I really don't see why more people don't, you get coin, sometimes supplies, and a treasure chest on occasion. It's cool. And being a newbee, I really didn't know what I was doing, And the FS has really helped with answering questions, and support.

So, basically, what I'm trying to say is: boot those you have to, because a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

Laochra

I have a Discord channel set up for all my fellowships. It is voluntary, but several members log in almost daily & we are able to chat when the in-game chat is on the fritz & I try to share the pictures & stats of the daily prizes that are being offered in the events {I forgot to do this for the winter event :oops:}.

DeletedUser20478

ElvenStats is a great resource for seeing if players are completely inactive. But we also have several members who track the visits daily as not every active player makes visits (unfortunately). They are really two separate issues.

DeletedUser20396

Some(Though not all,) are having family issues or vacation, or something else in their life. But if they have been inactive since April, it is time, isn't it?

CanDaMan

After 30 days I would try to notify them for a 2 week span. If I received no answer, good-by. Life issues not withstanding, If contacted about the attendance issue, I likely would reconsider.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I just realized one criteria that I had not thought about before. I looked at the smaller FS that I'm Archmage in. It is self join for newbies and I weed people out using ElvenStats after a month of inactivity. Sooner or later maybe it will be a more stable FS but at least it is a stepping stone for those who want to move on. What I realized is that there is NO reason to keep a few who it is obvious didn't even finish the tutorial. That never occurred to me. Now I've decided that if there are only 1 or 2 slots open I will give those the boot.

DeletedUser6834

I too have been in a few FS. Visits seemed like work not fun, particularly when I wasn't getting them back. I am now in a FS of 2 and I get visits from my trading partners in my world. It has stopped being work to visit them back. I don't get as many visits as a filled FS should, but I can survive. The real complaint should be about the lopsided predatory no-star trades that are cluttering up the trader board.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I too have been in a few FS. Visits seemed like work not fun, particularly when I wasn't getting them back. I am now in a FS of 2 and I get visits from my trading partners in my world. It has stopped being work to visit them back. I don't get as many visits as a filled FS should, but I can survive. The real complaint should be about the lopsided predatory no-star trades that are cluttering up the trader board.

Over time you are missing out on a whole lot of resources! Since visiting on mobile is sooo easy there is no way I want to pass up on the boost in coin even in the couple of little cities I have. In my big city alone I would be missing out on average 7-8 KP per day bought with that coin. That is a major factor over time. I appreciate getting visits back but even dead cities give me the coin of active cities so worth the effort.