• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Non-participating FS Members?

MirandaZink

Every FS I am in has people responsible for tracking the visits of others.

What gets measured gets done. AM and Mages need to track visits, tourny participation and point changes week to week. Use the data to drive your decisions and those that don't follow the rules you've set then get warned and then removed. Tolerating the sins of one is a poison pill for the group. It's not fair if someone doesn't have to follow the rules without consequences. Good players leave FS that tolerate slackers . . . don't loose you're good people ;)

The same thing happens in my FS. I am the AM, and there always seems to be 1 or 2 members that don't participate. O don't monitor visits as closely as I should, but I get questions from members about player "x" not returning visits, or posting trades or participating in events. I contact that player and ask if they are having a problem or need help. If they respond that they are ok I let them know that they have a certain amount of time to demonstrate that they are doing what they said, or the get removed. If they don't participate in mandatory tasks they will get a warning, then will be removed if there is no improvement.
The ones that really bother me is the player that just disappears without notice, or doesn't answer messages about what happened. That's how I became AM, the previous AM disappeared with no notice. After a while and a question or 2 to the developers I found a way to be installed as AM. It was either I take over as AM, or the FS would be disbanded. There are days when I wish that had happened, but not many.

DeletedUser15476

@shionnach I agree. I am a fellow in my FS but our leaders enforce the simple rules we have. That is as it should be. One thing we do is report, i.e. send a msg to the FS, if we are not playing for an amount of time and most of the time enter the date of return in our city name.

We also discussion the expelling of a member via message. This let’s us all know that the rules are our rules and if enough feel a second chance is due then we do that too.

shionnach

@shionnach I agree. I am a fellow in my FS but our leaders enforce the simple rules we have. That is as it should be. One thing we do is report, i.e. send a msg to the FS, if we are not playing for an amount of time and most of the time enter the date of return in our city name.

We also discussion the expelling of a member via message. This let’s us all know that the rules are our rules and if enough feel a second chance is due then we do that too.

I try to do that also, but email is a big problem when you have mobile players and chat just doesn't cut it because not everyone bothers to read everything on chat...so I do the best I can and do try to involve as many of the membership as possible. I also check now with Elven Stats to see if someone has become inactive. Trying to walk the middle road is not fun, but you are right rules are rules and if you don't enforce them then the membership suffers in the long run.

DeletedUser20358

I have had the same problem with a few fellows in the FS I am Archmage of. It is frustrating, as the expectations are clear before applying. I am laid back without requirements of how many visits, tourneys or whatnot, just that you actively participate in the building and growth of the fellowship. I have quite players that don't chat but are still very active. Not having an easy way to track the last time they logged in is frustrating and time consuming. I now just check for any point advancement. I also give three warnings. I also ask if certain players are enjoying the game or ask if the need any help, generic small talk into chat if they are only a mobile users. I hate removing people, but I don't want tag along or dead accounts. What more could you put in the description to make applicants, no matter how small, understand activity?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I always chuckle when I see someone post "I play for fun" Like the rest of us are getting paid or something.:p
Fun is such a subjective idea anyways.
Some have more fun when they are in a FS that is well organized and does well in the tournament/FA.
Some have more fun when their FS expects them to log in at least once a month.

There's enough of each player type that they should be able to find FS full of players like themselves, and that way no one is disappointed or pressured.

Note: @Cigneous deleted their post, so if mine doesn't make sense, it's not my fault (at least not entirely this time)

Last edited:

Laochra

it is a chronic thing..across MPGing Universe and I am sure every FW has a few..
As a leader from another game I was in charge of 160 member Pirate Brotherhood
harr talk about logistical nightmares
I would ask you 1st

Exactly what advantage are they taking?
is your FW full?
Do you have any space for new recruits?
What I am getting to is..
if you have space to gather more active players then you might as well hold on to who you have to access more rewards for helping them..
their lack of interest holds them back
if it bothers your other members then cut them loose
if they are not participating then they are not trading, even if they are fair trading that is not really taking advantage
they are just dead weight and not growing much & adding to your event success
but your members get one more spot to be paid for by lending a helping hand.
That's not much but it is something
Their score adds to your FW position no matter how small
Just keep a couple spots open for new players

I have inactive players who left behind massive defense in my presidios and bastions..
so I don't keel haul them till I have stronger players to replace them and need the room.
I finally found an excellent trustworthy Pirate to take turns being Admiral with me
I am Adviser till my next stint as Admiral
( we are in the top 15 of over 500 BHs )

I hope that will help your perspective as a leader
Yarrrr

PS: track experience score.. I have been able to add to my ranking points almost every day and make big jumps on other days.. I started late Oct and have notice my competition getting others to advance faster.. they don't want the noob to pass them up to quick.. hehehe
and I have already noticed @Soggy Shorts to be quite helpful very often
My original post was last year. SInce that time, things have settled nicely & the members in question have since been released & new members accepted. I am now AM in 5 fellowships. My Winyandor FS (the newest) has a full house for almost a month now. My other fellowships have a few openings still, but the majority of members are active & participating. After some reflection, I am thinking it was just a phase, or coincidence that there were multiple players that were not contributing.

SoggyShorts

@Cigneous
Really I'm just playing with the words, but I think when someone says "I'm doing this for reason A" that there is an implication that others are doing it for reason B.
It may be more of a "Casual" vs "Hardcore" distinction rather than "fun" vs "______" since both can be fun.

Normally I'm a hardcore-in-it-to-win kinda player, but not in P2W games or ones with completely broken ranking systems, and Elvenar has both. This has turned me into a very odd type of player: someone who is really into casual play.o_O

Note: @Cigneous deleted their post, so if mine doesn't make sense, it's not my fault (at least not entirely this time)

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You know what bugs me more than fellowship members who sometimes participate in events, but never visit anyone? Players who request to join your fellowship, get accepted, and then seem to just quit playing right after joining. No visits, no participation, no chat, nothing. Then you have to sit there for several days, or a week or two, just to make sure it was just no internet access and not really quitting, before you kick them out. I have seen this happen with several fellowships, and with both small and large players, and it is very rude.

SoggyShorts

now I'm getting a chuckle thinking there could be Hardcore Players in Elvenar
Oh there totally are. Check the top few players on Elvenstats after the tournament. Or the top 100 on the NL servers where every one of them created 25-50 dummy accounts just to feed their main account KP(it's not cheating on that server). I would guess that half of the top 10 on any server has spent a couple grand on the game which is more than the latest gen console plus the #1 AAA game every single month. More creative license, but I'd say spending thousands of dollars on a free game is hardcore.:p

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Playing Hardcore is Payin/Playing 2 win is my definition of NOT Playing for FUN..
Note the emphasis. I am very certain that those who are paying/playing to "win" are doing it because it is fun for them.

I think now the difference is maybe
"I'm playing just for fun"
vs
"I'm playing for fun"

The first implies a very casual level of play, not keeping score, and having no competitive aspect at all.
The second is a redundant statement since the purpose of the action "to play" is most likely "to have fun"
:D
neo.jpg

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

I'm afraid not. Look at games like Cuphead or darksouls. The only way to play is hardcore, and if you ask fans of those games why they play they will say it's fun. Games like Grim Dawn and PoE have "hardcore" modes/leagues and people play those for fun.
Hardcore and Fun are not mutually exclusive.

This has been my point right from the start: Everyone plays for fun. That's what playing is for.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3507

But this game is reaching its end quite quickly. Without more land for expansion without having to drop $100 for a virtual 5 x 5

SoggyShorts

Well, that got weird...

At the risk of being insensitive, I would posit that you are doing something (playing) for the purpose of having fun which distracts you from your issues. I mean you could distract yourself with something other than playing, but choosing not-fun over fun would be odd.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3507

That's assuming that you need more land in the future.
the other way to go is to keep making buildings produce more in the same or smaller space.

Sprite race, for sure they would need alot smaller buildings..:) And factories, workshops etc.. A normal road for them would be like a 12 lane expressway..

As for non participating member I would shop around and replace them..:D