• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Not getting Expansions after completing research menu

DeletedUser21310

After having reached City Expansion 17 and complied with the money and products requested I went back to the city and it didn't give me any chance to expand.
In the expansion tab by the building menu everything is grey and I can only expand by paying with diamonds.
Is it a bug?
Did anyone else had this issue?
Thanks in advance for your answers and the support

Fayeanne

Under "Research Expansion", if the buy button is gray but the Diamonds button is blue, you lack :coin: Coins.

On the browser, hover on the button and the pop-up will show "Placeable Expansions". If it's not 0, then you have an expansion available, you just need funds.

ResearchExpansion.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser21310

@CrazyWizard Thanks for the answer.
I have reloaded, I logged out and logged in, I have 300K coins and the main hall is at level 15 but still nothing.
I will try to gather more money and upgrade the main hall to see if anything changes.
Thanks again.

Aritra

I really hate that we have to pay, and pay so much, to place research expansions. I feel like we already paid for it when activating the research. After all that, it wants a pretty significant amount of coin to place a single 5x5. I'm only in chapter seven and I've feeling the weight of it. I've heard stories of crazy research expansion prices in later chapters. If it has to charge to place (and it shouldn't, I think), why charge so much? hmmm

Deleted User - 3932582

I've heard stories of crazy research expansion prices in later chapters.
Considering you only get a couple of research expansions in later chapters, and several months in between, you're paying amount of coins less than 100% of the max cap. This is utterly inconsequential at that stage, you can probably get enough coins doing full sweep of the neighborhood once.

Aritra

Considering you only get a couple of research expansions in later chapters, and several months in between, you're paying amount of coins less than 100% of the max cap. This is utterly inconsequential at that stage, you can probably get enough coins doing full sweep of the neighborhood once.
That sounds like a good point. Interesting to see what I find when I get there.

knitterkreuz

I feel even further underwater. I paid to get to the first research expansion ('The Arrival', Trader->City Expansion Two) which says once paid up: go to the Expansions Menu in the Buildings menu. But there, I only have the option to subjugate more provinces (4 hard ones, and I am (was) trying to use trade not swords to expand). So what am I missing that I need to get this researched/paid 'City Expansion 2'?

(I am learning as I go, trying to avoid the typical user cheat of reading spoiler forum entries. But this research City Expansion seems more like a bug than proper operation)

Iyapo1

I feel even further underwater. I paid to get to the first research expansion ('The Arrival', Trader->City Expansion Two) which says once paid up: go to the Expansions Menu in the Buildings menu. But there, I only have the option to subjugate more provinces (4 hard ones, and I am (was) trying to use trade not swords to expand). So what am I missing that I need to get this researched/paid 'City Expansion 2'?

(I am learning as I go, trying to avoid the typical user cheat of reading spoiler forum entries. But this research City Expansion seems more like a bug than proper operation)
When you go to place the expansions a window opens with 3 choices, Premium, Research, and Province expansions.

The center one is for your research expansions. If it is greyed out you dont have enough coins to place it.

SimplyNoble

Another thought. I have noticed this problem in the last chapter or two. Even if you do the expansion research it won't unlock until you complete some of the other research tabs first. am not quite sure this is a thing but it seems to be a repeat issue since I went through Dragons and am having the same issue in Elementals.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Another thought. I have noticed this problem in the last chapter or two. Even if you do the expansion research it won't unlock until you complete some of the other research tabs first. am not quite sure this is a thing but it seems to be a repeat issue since I went through Dragons and am having the same issue in Elementals.

There are only two things that keep you from placing a research expansion, not having enough coins to buy it or not having your mail hall leveled up enough to hold the coins needed.