• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Not getting supplies when visiting someone first.

DeletedUser511

What is my motivation to go visit first if I only get coins while they get coins and supplies when they come back? Do I get supplies when they do? This dont seem right to me.

DeletedUser

I thought it was if you visit within 23 hrs of someone visiting you you get the supplies as well as the money. So it is all based on times of visits

DeletedUser511

Thats what I mean someone has to visit first. So why should I go and visit if I will only get coin and they get supplies and coin when they come back before 23 hours. Reread please.

DeletedUser

Most people are not on at the same time. More than likely they are visiting a few hrs differently than when you visit. At least I sure hope no one is right there at the computer just waiting to visit mins after I do.

DeletedUser

I agree with xaviersxmen - the supplies only go to the person RETURNING the visit. For example, if I visited Xavier, I would only get money, but when he returns the favour, he gets both money and supplies.
If everyone decided to wait for someone else to gift first, we would end up with no visits at all.
It does need to be re-worked....

Deleted User - 107391

I agree with xaviersxmen - the supplies only go to the person RETURNING the visit. For example, if I visited Xavier, I would only get money, but when he returns the favour, he gets both money and supplies.
If everyone decided to wait for someone else to gift first, we would end up with no visits at all.
It does need to be re-worked....

This is definitely an issue for me. There are actually two people in my Fellowship who wait until they've received a visit (even if it's days in between - I've tested it), then jump to return the visit within an hour. Since I'm not specifically making rounds again in 23 hours, I never receive the supplies reward. I agree completely that it does need to be re-worked. I'd rather see no supplies reward at all than to have 'sharks' taking advantage.

DeletedUser627

This is definitely an issue for me. There are actually two people in my Fellowship who wait until they've received a visit (evens if it's days in between - I've tested it), then jump to return the visit within an hour. Since I'm not specifically making rounds again in 23 hours, I never receive the supplies reward. I agree completely that it does need to be re-worked. I'd rather see no supplies reward at all than to have 'sharks' taking advantage.

LOL!! Naive me...I always make a fellowship round every evening, and wondered why some members never visit me until after I visit them. Now very "fellowship-y".

DeletedUser

For each person you visit first, if they return the visit, the next time you return their visit, you will get the supplies. At least I have. And sometimes I have waited more than 23 hours. Someone has to get the ball rolling. Maybe that is why I am not in a Fellowship, with this kind of thinking. No reworking needs to be done on my end, I get supplies from those that visit me after I have gotten the ball rolling and started the visiting.

DeletedUser511

We know that the point is the first time you dont. Plus it always comes to another first time.

Deleted User - 107391

For each person you visit first, if they return the visit, the next time you return their visit, you will get the supplies. At least I have. And sometimes I have waited more than 23 hours. Someone has to get the ball rolling. Maybe that is why I am not in a Fellowship, with this kind of thinking. No reworking needs to be done on my end, I get supplies from those that visit me after I have gotten the ball rolling and started the visiting.

Josia, I think you're missing the point. If someone visits you after more than 24 hours, they get no supplies. If you return the visit within 24 hours, you get supplies. If they return *that* visit within 24 hours, they get supplies. After that, everyone gets supplies if they return the visit with 24 hours. No problem.

But. If they visit you at, say, 4:00 pm, after more than 24 hours, they get no supplies. If you return the visit *immediately*, about 4:15, you get supplies. Now the problem. The other person can't get back to making rounds exactly one day later. If they return at 5:05 pm the next day, they get no supplies. You return at 5:30 pm and get supplies. The other person gets back to the computer this time at 7:00 pm. They get no supplies.

That's the sequence I'm talking about, and it is nearly always true for me. I am about 2 to 3 hours later each day.

Now, if the other person does exactly the same sequence - visiting you at 4:00 pm, then 5:05, then 7:00, but you have a regular schedule of, say, 3:00 pm each day, then you will both *nearly always* receive the bonus supplies.

Ideally, everyone would have a specific time they are doing their rounds. Practically, that is not going to happen. The issue (on a personal level, not the programming one) is that when a player makes a point of immediately returning a visit, they are going to receive the bonus maybe 90% of the time, and other players are seldom going to be able to get the return bonus.

As for being in a Fellowship, because of the increased communication and the friendships that develop, there tends to be an increase in bonus supply collection for everyone.

DeletedUser

Totally understand the explanation BabaTaro12, thx, cleared up a lot for me. With the explanation, does it really mean, that getting the supplies, need to be tweaked in order for you to still get the supplies. Seems to me, and I could be wrong, I normally am wrong most of the time, that the supplies are just something that you will miss, if you do not get back in the specified time frame, or that player has not visited you from the get go. This may be in the category of RQ, only this was a design feature, that if done the way it was intended to, you would get the total package expected, when done.

Time differences and inactivity will have a bigger say in this feature, just my opinion tho, to being properly utilized. I really see no problem with this feature the way it is, and if they do tweak it, they need to tweak just about everything else in the game, so that everyone can get what they think they are suppose to get, because the time frame had elapsed or due to others inactivity. I can now see the frustrations in the OP comments. But after reading Elvnar for Dummies, had to put my two cents in. There has to be some challenge to the game, would not be much fun, if all I had to do was log in and everything was just waiting for me to collect, and in the amounts that I, expected to get. Just don't attack and destroy what I have accomplished, meaning starting a PvP.

Each player plays differently, I am in no rush, and two words I saw a lot when I first started playing was be patient. Don't see those words anymore, I assume because I do not see some of the same players, in the forum that I saw when I first started to play. I don't do too much disagreeing with the way the game has turned out for me, because mainly, I do not buy diamonds, which to me, those players have reason to be frustrated with some aspects of the game. Also, I have six workshops that are close to being maxed, upgrade wise. and supplies are not that much of an issue for me. I am very selective in what I do in the game, using all resources when I, want to use them.

Deleted User - 107391

Totally understand the explanation BabaTaro12, thx, cleared up a lot for me. .. does it really mean, ... need to be tweaked ... the supplies are just something that you will miss if you do not get back in the specified time frame, ..

Time differences and inactivity ...

Each player plays differently, I ...

Josia, essentially I agree with you. There are challenges, and you accept the game as it stands. My only real complaint is of people who deliberately wait for you to visit them, then immediately visit back, which means that they collect and you don't. I prefer to avoid people who are too selfish to be considerate. On the other hand, they may not realize what they are doing, which is why I'm mentioning it at all.

DeletedUser61

It's likely that they are merely walking through the entries in their Notification list.
If you do the same, at least once every 24 hours, you'll never miss an opportunity to gather supplies.

I'm truly hoping for two upgrades.
  1. If I use the notification list to visit a city, leaving the city should return me to exactly that same location in my notification list.
  2. The hand icon in the notification list should be identical to the hand icon in the city itself, so that I'd be able to tell if I'd already made a visit to that city during the past 23 hours. Every week or so you'd want to do a full sweep, just to prime the pump.

3. If we were to carry it one step even farther, we'd have an Aid button, in the notification list, which automatically selected Builder, Culture, Main Hall, with no need to ever actually visit the city. We have such a system in Forge of Empires, and it works marvelously well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 107391

I'm truly hoping for two upgrades.
  1. If I use the notification list to visit a city, leaving the city should return me to exactly that same location in my notification list.
  2. The hand icon in the notification list should be identical to the hand icon in the city itself, so that I'd be able to tell if I'd already made a visit to that city during the past 23 hours. Every week or so you'd want to do a full sweep, just to prime the pump. ...

I like #1 A LOT. Not sure how #2 would work.

It's likely that they are merely walking through the entries in their Notification list.
If you do the same, at least once every 24 hours, you'll never miss an opportunity to gather supplies.

But again you're missing the point. I do not have the luxury of return visits at exactly the 23rd hour. While that may happen occasionally, and may work for someone on a daily schedule (such as 1 hour before leaving for work), my days are never alike. While 4:00 pm may work today, tomorrow I may be busy until 7:00. Too late for the supply bonus.

I actually consider this a fairly trivial thing. If you are relying on the supply bonus to keep enough supplies, build another workshop. I'm merely making the point that collecting the supply bonus is NOT something one can rely on.

DeletedUser

I am in total agreement BabaTaro12, you do have your players that will do what you have said. I understood the issue, there were just too many variables that factored in, for all to be satisfied. Someone is never going to be satisfied, all the time, the way some games are set up. Unfortunately, the developers know the product they want to put out, and we the players, who enjoy playing, have to deal with some inconveniences that are involved with their product. To me it is all about adapting to the different phases of the game. Especially when others are not sharing the benefits, that are designed for all to share.

DeletedUser61

Not sure how #2 would work.
When you visit a city you have to click the hand, that's in their portrait, in order to activate their icons. If a dynamic replicate of exactly the same hand were in the notification log, then clicking on it could both activate the icons AND take you to the city. And you'd then return to exactly that same spot, in the Notification Log, for the next round.

If you can't check your city every few hours, not even during your coffee break, then you'd be better off building however much culture you wanted in your city, and then using your city name to indicate B = Builder, M = Main Hall, with no C = Culture, as culture would be a waste of a click.

Deleted User - 107391

When you visit a city you have to click the hand, that's in their portrait, in order to activate their icons. If a dynamic replicate of exactly the same hand were in the notification log, then clicking on it could both activate the icons AND take you to the city. And you'd then return to exactly that same spot, in the Notification Log, for the next round.

I see. That would be convenient.