• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Not worth it to upgrade Festive May Tree?

DeepTerminal

I have a Stage 10 Festive May Tree at Chapter 11, which produces a decent amount of mana (28.9/hr/tile). But if I upgrade it to Chapter 12, it starts producing S1 goods instead of mana. But the amount it produces is pretty much the same as how much a level 27 manufactory produces in 3 hours. I'm wondering if it's worth it at all to upgrade it?

DeepTerminal

At chapter 11, it's a decent mana producer in my city, in terms of mana/hr/tile. It's not top tier, but decent. However, I'm not so sure if upgrading it to chapter 12 is worth it, since I'm losing on that mana production and only getting an extra 3hr worth of sentient goods every 24 hours.

StarLoad

OK, I wasn't clear in my question, my apologies, so let me re-phrase it.

If you are questioning if it is worth upgrading and you already know it is only decent, and by upgrading it you lose out more; doesn't it stand to reason that you can replace that item with something else that is either BETTER or at least suites your needs BETTER?

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
My fully evolved FMT (ch 15) produces 35,000+ per hour of coins. It also produces KP (3), moonstone (8k+), and supplies (79K+)every 24 hours. My residences at lvl 33 produce 13k+ per hour. So, as it stands now, my FMT is very, very good to me. Upgrading it only increases the coin production 4k, the supplies about 9k, and the moonstone 500 per day. I say "only" but of course, moonstone, in particular, is nice to have since I am not boosted in it.

Should you upgrade? Usually I find, in the long run if you upgrade it does because it's not just the S1 you would be getting, but the other stuff as well. If I take out my FMT I have to have 3 residences to make up for the loss of coins alone. Ditto for the workshops. And since I'd have to trade for the moonstone, that too, is a real benefit.

My suggestion is that you think more "big picture" and measure the total production you'd lose if you got rid of it. I suspect that, overall, it's a lot more than the lvl 27 mfr can do.

AJ

LisaMV

Chapter 12 is way beyond me at the moment, but it seems no one mentions the fact that it costs you nothing to produce goods with these types of buildings. This is not a small thing! At level 3 only, my Magic Dust factory costs around 1000 coins & 1000 supplies for each 3 hr production. Those costs go up drastically as you upgrade, so in a 24 hr period you will be spending a tremendous amount for what ever goods you are producing, as opposed to getting them for free, basically. Just a point I have never seen anyone take into account in all these fancy calculations.

StarLoad

The op was only concerned with Mana vrs Sentient goods if it was upgraded, and being in Ch12, at least, I would assume the OP is able to determine the costs of the May Tree and the other benefits provided. Therefore if upgrading causes him to question its value due to the change, maybe the item itself is the issue.

AtaguS

I placed the May Tree with the same level of commitment I make to the tech-obtained culture items...it is pretty enough and gives enough value to hold that space until something better comes along. Perhaps the next evolving building...perhaps something else. But this is your city we are talking about. Which good do you need more of right now? Sentient goods are not that hard to come by until chapter 15 or so when the demand for them become a main concern. RR spells can take a while to amass unless you are spending blueprints to craft them...Do you have a way of making up the lost mana if you upgrade?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Chapter 12 is way beyond me at the moment, but it seems no one mentions the fact that it costs you nothing to produce goods with these types of buildings. This is not a small thing! At level 3 only, my Magic Dust factory costs around 1000 coins & 1000 supplies for each 3 hr production. Those costs go up drastically as you upgrade, so in a 24 hr period you will be spending a tremendous amount for what ever goods you are producing, as opposed to getting them for free, basically. Just a point I have never seen anyone take into account in all these fancy calculations.
Very good point.

Black watch

On the other hand, for folks that are well along in the game... coins as a base element of that building is about worthless.
Everything with Coins as the first thing on list of production I've not placed. So Valentine, May Tree, the last set with the blimps, (even the chest set)... all have coins predominately as the first thing listed. I don't need coins AT ALL. The May Tree's production of 3 KP is a nice touch, but no... at 4X4... I want something with umff, now. I've got over 2 million mana regularly, but seeds would be nice... that said, I can easily see how a lower ranked city can benefit from the last pieces.
But to upgrade it using RR spells. Oh hell no... use that on something important, like the Reveler's fountain.
To me, space and population are important, but pop less so now. Space is a huge problem. So placing something that fires on only a few cylinders is not going to make it onto my city-scape.
For me, If I would have placed that building, I'd use it until it became easily replaced by anything and sold it off. Or, in my case, they just never make it out of summoning.

I'd sell it... Place something good from summoning or wait for something else... Use the space until you can rock the world! :D

LisaMV

@Black watch = see? It is really so different depending on where you are... I love reading posts like yours with statements like "I've got over 2 million mana regularly, but seeds would be nice..." OMG! that is so far away from my consciousness, 2 million of anything, goodness! And I certainly want a Reveler's Fountain, too, whatever THAT is - sounds wonderful! I do keep all these statements hovering in the back of my mind, in my own personal Archane Library (again, whatever THAT is, lol)

This is why the game is interesting, and frustrating - just like life. The only constant is change. My May Trees might as well be Santa's Christmas Tree for me right now, with tremendous magical gifts for me every morning! But a brand new tricycle is the best present in the world only for a short time...
the trick is to do what is best for your present & near future only. Just like life, Be Here Now.