• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Noticeboard

Agvar

Some years back I used to play Goodgame Empire. One of the features they had was a Noticeboard for the equivilant to our Fellowships. Admittedly it only allowed 10 threads, but it was very useful for posting tips and tricks for new members.

A feature like that would IMHO greatly enhance the FS aspects of Elvenar, allowing not only useful information for beginners but also current progress in FAs or Round Robin AW spending.

As Archmage I would also think it could be used to keep track of who has received KP help from the new Fellowship Progression feature.

I am asked almost the same questions every time a new member joins our FS, so it would be really nice to just be able to point them at the noticeboard. I suppose that would turn it into a mini forum/wiki, but I know some folks struggle trying to find info through the usual channels.

Zoof

The mail feature already sort of does this.
Any mail where the recipient is marked for your fellowship (rather than its individual members) is resent to every member of the fellowship, whether or not those members were in the fellowship at the time the initial mail was sent. To take advantage of that, bump the mail/thread when the new person comes in and they'll be sent the whole mail chain. Likewise, anyone who leaves a fellowship automatically has those threads deleted from their messages panel.

That being said, having a separate place for fellowship-only notices (that isn't the messenger or Fellowship description panel) and a way to pin messages so they don't get bumped off the end of the chain would definitely be a plus.

Agvar

Whilst all of that is true, the mail system has failed in the past so this would give an additional layer of support to the FS.

Also, having the noticeboard would obviate the need to continually mail people, especially those who've already read it (and I'm pretty sure not all my members read the messages anyway), all I'd need to do is message the individual or flag it up on chat to make them aware.

Another issue I have is that all the info I'd like to give to new members is on my laptop, but I play on a tablet; porting stuff between the two is not really practical and would be very time consuming.