• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Notification for upcoming deals

DeletedUser23403

This happens EVERY time I make a magical building or PPE purchase with diamonds.

Just the other day I purchased a magical residence and the very next day, a 10% off on magical buildings popped up. Like ??? If I were to wait for this deal to pop up, the deal would have never been offered. (Is it rigged to where, when you buy something, it summons a deal of your current purchase?) Or do I have extremely poor luck. It would be nice to be able to know about certain deals that will be available in the future to manage the spendature of diamonds a little more adequately.

DeletedUser25004

I think it, as you suspect, IS rigged. they need to make money as a free to play game, so they run programs that analyse player behavior, to see who is willing to pay, and then when they know who. they try to exploit as much as they can. Like when you purchased a magical building, they knew you didnt mind spending diamonds. and they also knew what you would likely spend them on.

Deleted User - 1178646

This happens EVERY time I make a magical building or PPE purchase with diamonds.

Just the other day I purchased a magical residence and the very next day, a 10% off on magical buildings popped up. Like ??? If I were to wait for this deal to pop up, the deal would have never been offered. (Is it rigged to where, when you buy something, it summons a deal of your current purchase?) Or do I have extremely poor luck. It would be nice to be able to know about certain deals that will be available in the future to manage the spendature of diamonds a little more adequately.

Extremly poor luck,
Those are planned way way way ahead of time, thats why they pop up with everyone at the same time.

Unlike shop offers, some of those are personalised. some of those are also universal

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If I were to wait for this deal to pop up, the deal would have never been offered
I think it, as you suspect, IS rigged.
Human brains like to see patterns, but ignore the patterns that don't confirm their bias. Virtually every event for the last couple of years has featured a discount on either Expansions or Residences and Workshops sometime during the event. Anyone who bought either in the last week or two and was surprised by the offer this week was either new, or not paying attention.

DeletedUser25004

Maybe @Ashrem is that from personal experience or have you talked with others who can confirm it? i mean maybe they know you are likely to spend during events and then give you an extra push.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Maybe @Ashrem is that from personal experience or have you talked with others who can confirm it? i mean maybe they know you are likely to spend during events and then give you an extra push.
Everyone I have spoken to got the 10% off Residences and Worskhops the same morning a few days ago. I have only ever bought one magic workshop, months ago, on my primary account. My other account which has no connectioin and isn't in the same group and has never bought any diamonds or buildings got the same offer as soon as I logged in the same day (Feb 11th)

DeletedUser25004

Then you are right there seems to be a general pattern for those offers.

DeletedUser2870

I think it is partly rigged, based on previous purchases. I've been collecting diamonds for an expansion and/or extra magical residences for a long time, did not see any offers for the 10% off in a VERY long time.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think it is partly rigged, based on previous purchases. I've been collecting diamonds for an expansion and/or extra magical residences for a long time, did not see any offers for the 10% off in a VERY long time.
The last one appeared as one of three news items that overlayed each other on the 11th. I have seen nothing anywhere that indicates they can target the news items, so I think if you missed it, it was because you missed it, not becuase it wasn't there

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Offers are meant to be random, and they will continue to be so. If you see a set pattern, that is wonderful!
I think individual offers are always random Xelenia (diamonds discounts), but certain offers for land and building sales seem to come to everyone at the same time. There may be additional, individual, random, offers in between.

T6583

Like Ashrem, for me there seems to be certain offers that are offered during events. I typically will wait until the events occur to purchase certain items such as magic buildings and expansions as they have been offered during the past few events.

DeletedUser2870

The last one appeared as one of three news items that overlayed each other on the 11th. I have seen nothing anywhere that indicates they can target the news items, so I think if you missed it, it was because you missed it, not becuase it wasn't there
No, I noticed that one, but that was a HARD offer. Meaning it was offered to everyone, on all servers, at the same time. Same deal for everyone. These are not the same as the offers that are offered sporadically per account/city.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
No, I noticed that one, but that was a HARD offer. Meaning it was offered to everyone, on all servers, at the same time. Same deal for everyone. These are not the same as the offers that are offered sporadically per account/city.
I could be wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen an offer for buildings or expansions that wasn't offered to everyone at the same time (what you call a HARD offer). There are random offers of diamonds and Event coin (candy) but I think all offers for discounted expansions and buildings are only made to everyone at the same time. I've now said that about three different ways. I'm not sure how else I can say it.

Deleted User - 1178646

I could be wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen an offer for buildings or expansions that wasn't offered to everyone at the same time (what you call a HARD offer). There are random offers of diamonds and Event coin (candy) but I think all offers for discounted expansions and buildings are only made to everyone at the same time. I've now said that about three different ways. I'm not sure how else I can say it.

There is an offer that is only given to some new players, they can "buy" expansions and some other stuff, I am not sure exactly what the offer is.
I do know that these "expansions" do not count toward the premium expansions diamond rise.
So those "6 or so" expansions very benificial to have. as there value is in essence the same as the 6 most expension expansions in game.

DeletedUser2870

Must have missed that part. Still, I do seem to remember offers for such buildings on one of my test accounts at a time when my main account didn't get that offer, so I'm not sure they are only offered in such a way. But I may be mistaken, though I really don't think so

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Offers for new accounts have changed since the old days. I will recommend starting a small City just to see what is currently being offered to new accounts. They have changed several times since I have become a moderator :)