• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

notifications visible on all screens

DeletedUser2870

Can the icon for the notifications be made to appear on every screen?

I mean, with the size of my map I can't make the full rounds anymore everyday, that takes over an hour.
So I visit the players in my FS, and then look at my notifications to see who visited me so I can visit them in return.

That now means that I go to the notifications, look at that player, visit him/her and then have to return to my city to visit the notifications again.
With the time it takes to load new cities all the time it is getting to be really annoying to have to go back to my own city to do so.

If the notifications are visible all the time I could just go from the city I just visited to the next without having to make an additional stop-over in my own city again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4355

yeah , I agree with you, its to tidy to visit player & return to city to check next notification agian and again, there should be one notification Icon, as fellowship icon is always present when you visit your fellow members, then you need not to return city, you can help all your members without returning to your city.

DeletedUser2870

You know, it's extremely annoying that one has to make new passwords/accounts if one wants to log in to a forum...good grief.
So yes, I read the post on the betaforum, but I really am NOT going to make yet another account to log in on. So let someone please add the idea there to make the icon visible on all screens

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
You know, it's extremely annoying that one has to make new passwords/accounts
Actually as far as I know that's not even enough, you'd have to actually start a city to be able to post on beta forums...which is even more annoying.
I quoted your OP over there for you =)

DeletedUser61

you'd have to actually start a city to be able to post on beta forum
Once you create an account that name is reserved in ALL of the cities for that region and the associated forum.
  • Spoofing is a MAJOR problem in some games, wherein they allow folks to change their names. Establishing a reputation is hard enough, without some doofus pretending that he's you.
  • Spamming is a MAJOR problem in some games, wherein irrelevant material is dumped into the forums by bots.
  • Credibility is a MAJOR problem in some games, wherein folks who don't even have a game account feel that they know what they are talking about. I don't think that spinning your hamster cage at 400 revolutions per minute makes you any smarter, but I'd at least like to know for sure that posters have an ACTUAL experiential basis for their comments.

DeletedUser61

it's just too bad that creating a US live account doesn't give you access to Beta
The folks in the other 21 regions would probably feel that they got the dirty end of the stick. :eek:

It's not so much that we're not allowed to discuss beta material, but rather that it's not relevant in most cases.
  • The production forum is where we mostly discuss the long-term stuff
  • The beta forum is where we mostly discuss stuff that's got a horizon of one or two months
  • Anybody who wants to hang out on the bleeding edge can participate in the beta forums
  • Most people prefer to deal with issues as they arise, rather than solving problems that don't even exist yet. Taking things as they come is a fine way to play the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2870

The folks in the other 21 regions would probably feel that they got the dirty end of the stick. :eek:

It's not so much that we're not allowed to discuss beta material, but rather that it's not relevant in most cases.
  • The production forum is where we mostly discuss the long-term stuff
  • The beta forum is where we mostly discuss stuff that's got a horizon of one or two months
  • Anybody who wants to hang out on the bleeding edge can participate in the beta forums
  • Most people prefer to deal with issues as they arise, rather than solving problems that don't even exist yet. Taking things as they come is a fine way to play the game.

Not relevant? NOT RELEVANT?
Beta-test is supposed to be the place where things are tested in an environment as close to the real one as possible.
What goes on there is definitely relevant for players in the live-worlds, where they are now constantly saddled-up with half-baked ideas from Inno that in beta are being tested and adviced against,
So unless you feel that the live-players do not matter (which does seem to be the Inno-view nowadays) it very definitely IS relevant for all players. So the suggestion that everyone with a live account should be able to gain immediate read-only access to the beta-forum without having to create another account is not so strange.
But I can see that the right to post should be reserved to those having an actual city on the beta-site.

DeletedUser4778

I don't have a beta account but I can read the posts and they are definitely relevant to me. I particularly appreciated the warnings about the new battle system because it gave me more time to use up my troops before it went live.