• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Complete November Diamonds Giveaway

Jen1fer

it's a holiday recipe only because we have it for Thanksgving and Christmas dessert, and pretty much no other time. Super simple, ultimately delicious cherry "cobbler":

3 cans tart red cherries in juice/water
2 yellow Jiffy cake mixes
1 stick margarine or butter.

dump cherries in 9x12 pyrex. check for pits.
sprinkle/dump jiffy mix evenly
cut thin pieces of butter/marg and lay out evenly across the top.
bake @ 350 about 45-60 minutes (depending on your oven and affinity for crunchy-burned edges)

eat hot or cold.
with or without ice cream or topping.

my favorite is cold with vanilla 'scream, but Dad likes it cold & plain.

the cake on top gets all lusciously buttery & crumbly crunchy, and the tart cherries are perfect with a bit of cold & sweet ice cream.
nom nom nom.
I love this! We make it with only one big can of cherries and one cake mix. I'll have to try it your way. I like it both hot and cold.

jw584

-- Apple Delights --
Core a Honeycrisp apple, leaving the bottom intact
Fill cavity with brown sugar, pack it in with a spoon
Pour fresh juice of a lemon into the cavity
Bake at 350 degrees
Let cool for at least 15 minutes
Serve with a fork and steak knife

Gkyr

THAI TEA ICE CREAM – What is not to love?

Equipment:
Ice Cream Maker
4 quart or larger saucepan or pot
Fine strainer (shown)
Reusable coffee mesh filter, not paper (optional)
4 cup pyrex cup
Ladle
Timer (cell phone is fine)

Ingredients:
Thai Tea Leaves
White sugar
Evaporated Milk
Heavy Cream
Condensed Milk

Set up:
Good ice cream ingredients have to chill overnight, so this is two brief sessions on two days.

Have rock salt and ice for a traditional ice cream churn, or pre-freeze the bowl of your countertop maker overnight. Mix together 1 cup evaporated milk, ½ cup cream, ½ cup condensed milk. Store, covered, in the refrigerator overnight.

Technique:
First, make your tea base. Go to an Asian grocery store and ask for Thai tea leaves (as shown, or another suitable brand of Thai tea from Thailand. The recipe is not appropriate for Thai Tea Powder).

Have the fine strainer sitting on the 4 cup heat proof pitcher.

Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. While the water is heating up, measure out 1 cup of Thai tea leaves and ½ cup sugar. When water is at a full rolling boil add the tea leaves and start the timer. Tea will foam up briefly, so a using large pot will prevent boil-over. Stir the tea down right away. Add the sugar while stirring. Stop brewing at one minute sharp by pouring the tea into the strainer. Do not brew longer than one minute or the tea will become bitter. Gently press the tea leaves in the strainer with the ladle to extract a little more tea. Doing this increases the flavor but overpressing the tea will add bitterness, which you don’t want.

I then pour the tea through a second filter, a reusable coffee mesh filter to remove more of the fine sediment but this step is optional. Chill the tea base, covered, overnight.

The next day, start your ice cream churn. Pour in 1 and ½ cup of tea base and the milk/cream mixture. The ice cream should be creamy but mildly sweet. If you want it sweeter, or if your tea base is bitter whisk 3 oz. white sugar in ¼ cup of milk and add it to taste (instead of adding too much condensed milk, which can overpower the subtle tea taste).

Drink the leftover tea base by adding more of the cream/evap/condensed milk mixture to it.

You cannot buy ice cream this delicious. It is better than vanilla ice cream on apple pie.
20211124_203622_remastered.jpg

Last edited:

The Fairy

Gateau Marcel - the ultimate cake for chocolate lovers

(And it is even gluten free - but it is a cake, so I won't claim that it is healthy...)

Everyone knows that cake dough tastes delicious, so you bake around 1/2 to 2/3 of the dough until it is almost baked, and use the rest of the dough as icing.

Ingredients

200 g / 7 oz dark chocolate (at least 70%)
200 g / 7 oz butter without salt
200 g / 7 oz sugar
7 egg yolks
5 egg whites

Directions

Melt butter and chocolate in a water bath.

Whip the egg whites with less than half the sugar.

Whip the egg yolks in another bowl until they are light and airy with the remaining sugar.

Add the melted chocolate mixture slowly into the egg yolks.

Gently add the egg whites to the chocolate mixture.

Put 1/2 to 2/3 of the chocolate mousse batter into a spring form (put baking paper at the bottom)

Bake it at 175 C / 350 F for approximately 30 min.

When the cake has cooled down spread the remaining chocolate mouse on the top.

Decorate with cocoa powder / berries / ... to your liking.

Serve e.g. with vanilla ice cream or raspberry sauce.

padawan1

Butter Ball Cookies

1 cup butter
4 tbl spoons powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flower
one cup nuts
Mix all together form into balls & bake for 15 to 20 minuts
easy fast & tastes great

ShaydePlace

I make the easiest Peach Cobbler ever! It is always a favorite and most everyone has the ingredients on hand.

2 large cans sliced peaches (drained)
1 cup self rising flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup whole milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 stick of real butter

turn oven on to 375 degrees
melt 1 stick of butter in a 9x12 pan
mix all ingredients, except peaches, in a bowl
mix until well blended
pour over melted butter
add both cans of drained peaches to the mixture in pan
cook for 35-45 minutes until the top is golden brown
serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream

This was my grandmothers go to recipe (it’s soooo yummy)
This is a favorite in our household too

modac

Lots of great entries. Thanks everyone! I feel myself gaining weight just from reading them. But for those who prefer HOT instead of SWEET, try this:

HOT Cheese & Beef dip

Ingredients:

1 pound lean ground beef
1 15oz jar nacho cheese (Tostitos Salsa Con Queso works well)
1 16 oz jar salsa (Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper Salsa for lots of heat. You can use a milder version if you like.)

Instructions:
Break up and brown the ground beef in a skillet. I like the beef in tiny bits, so after I brown it I also mash it with a fork. But you can leave it in larger chunks if you prefer.

Combine the beef, nacho cheese, and salsa in a bowl and stir until evenly mixed.

Serve:
Serve hot or cold. Eat with tortilla chips.

modac

Last edited:

ScottNHL

Soda Float

Everybody knows about Root Beer Floats - vanilla ice cream in root beer. But have you ever tried other combinations? Try these:

Mint chocolate chip ice cream in 7up / Sprite / Serria Mist.

Chocolate ice cream in Orange Crush.

Strawberry ice cream in Ginger Ale.

ionelle

We're going to do a short and "sweet" Diamond giveaway this month.

Most of you know I have a (slight) affinity for sweets. So on that vein, I'd love to hear about your favorite holiday desserts

Entries can be a photo (your own, not from the internet)
A detailed mouth-watering description
or

A full recipe (including cooking instructions for those that want to replicate it)

note: If you're sharing grandma's top-secret recipe for holiday deliciousness, either get her permission first or hide it under a spoiler so you don't get caught.

:diamond::diamond::diamond: 10 entries will be awarded at random and each will receive 200 diamonds :diamond::diamond::diamond:

Entries must be submitted by Sunday, November 28th, at 8:00 pm Eastern Time
The winners will be announced no later than November 30th by 8:00 pm Eastern Time

Forum Competition Rules:

1. Pictures are restricted to a maximum size of 640x480 pixels. Animated images are not allowed. Pictures must be your own, please do not use any copywritten images from the internet.
2. Only one entry per Forum account.
3. Your entry will be visible to the entire community.
4. All Forum rules regarding inappropriate material and language must be followed.

5. The Elvenar Team members (US) are not permitted to enter.
Soft, silky, chocolatey and oh so very moist brownies. :-D

Ingredients:
1 stick/ half cup unsalted butter
1 12oz pkt mini chocolate chips
1 cup of milk
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract ( do not use fake vanilla flavoring)
2 cups sugar
2 cups flower
4 eggs

Method:
Pre-heat oven to 350%
Melt 2 cups chocolate chips with stick of butter. I melt them in the microwave for 1 and a half minutes.
(It is important to add the eggs last so that they do not cook from the heat of the melted butter)W
Whisk in one cup cold milk.
Add baking soda, baking powder and vanilla, whisk.
Add 2 cups sugar and whisk.
Add 2 cups flower and whisk.
Add four eggs and whisk for one minute vigorously until bubbles form in the batter.
Grease 9x12 baking pan.
Pour batter into pan, spread evenly and bake for 13 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top, return to oven and continue baking for 18 minutes.
Remove , cool and cut to preferred size and enjoy. :-D

Attachments

Last edited:

Dreyfar

We're going to do a short and "sweet" Diamond giveaway this month.

Most of you know I have a (slight) affinity for sweets. So on that vein, I'd love to hear about your favorite holiday desserts

Entries can be a photo (your own, not from the internet)
A detailed mouth-watering description
or

A full recipe (including cooking instructions for those that want to replicate it)

note: If you're sharing grandma's top-secret recipe for holiday deliciousness, either get her permission first or hide it under a spoiler so you don't get caught.

:diamond::diamond::diamond: 10 entries will be awarded at random and each will receive 200 diamonds :diamond::diamond::diamond:

Entries must be submitted by Sunday, November 28th, at 8:00 pm Eastern Time
The winners will be announced no later than November 30th by 8:00 pm Eastern Time

Forum Competition Rules:

1. Pictures are restricted to a maximum size of 640x480 pixels. Animated images are not allowed. Pictures must be your own, please do not use any copywritten images from the internet.
2. Only one entry per Forum account.
3. Your entry will be visible to the entire community.
4. All Forum rules regarding inappropriate material and language must be followed.

5. The Elvenar Team members (US) are not permitted to enter.
Sugar free Pumpkin Pie with Lite Cool Whip

mom6cat

My favorite is Cashew Macadamia Nut clusters. Sorry no picture just the recipe.

Cashew Macadamia Nut Crunch

Ingredients:

2 c Milk or White Chocolate Chips (11.5 oz bag)
3/4 c Cashews, salted whole (jumbo preferably)
3/4 c Macadamia nuts, salted whole
1 stk Butter, room temp, (1/2 cup)
1/2 c Sugar
2 T Light Corn Syrup (Karo)

Directions:

Butter the bottom and sides of a 9” square pan or dish. Cover bottom with the chocolate chips (I do half chocolate and half white. (His and her sides.)

Combine nuts, butter, sugar and corn syrup in a large heavy (cast iron) skillet of saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Increase heat to medium and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to cling together and turn golden brown.

Pour mixture over chips in pan and spread evenly. Cool, refrigerate until chocolate is firm. (I usually just cool it on the counter as long as possible and then leave it in the microwave to cool overnight. Remove from pan and break into pieces. Store in a tightly sealed container in a cool dry place. Makes about 1 1/2 pounds of candy.

ladygail

Quick Peach Pie -- use large can of cut peach pie filling. Spread a box of white cake mix powder form over the peaches. Drizzle melted butter 1 1\2 stick enough to cover powder. Cook @ 350 till brown. Enjoy May use any any pie filling. Good hot or cold.

Melinda Daze

Simple, delicious and slightly more guilt free pie recipe.

1 large package zero sugar chocolate jello.
2 regular size, sugar free container cool whip.
1 Hershey bar.
(Pie crust of your choice, I buy a chocolate one.)

Prepare jello per box instructions and let chill as long as recommended (min 5 mins).
Fold cool whip into the pudding until fully combined.
Scoop into pie crust.
Add thin layer of cool whip on top.
Shave chocolate bar onto the very top.
Enjoy!

(See? Super simple!)

BrinDarby

Christmas Morning was the 1 day a year where we got to eat Cake for breakfast.
The kitchen smell'd like cinnamon/sugar w/the hint of coffee...

In a circular 2piece pan .... was a simple light cake, the hint of cinnamon, coffee &
brown sugar .... topped with cinnamon/sugar crumbles... it just wasn't christmas
without it..... ( and a really cold glass of milk )

Tehya1

Fudge. I make it, but the recipe is a secret that I have kept for over 20 years. My BIL curses me, and says it is horrible because it forces him to ditch the jeans and live in sweat pants. :D

It almost has the texture of a truffle.

Eudaemonia

I dare you to try this. It's surprisingly good.

Ham Candy on Chili & Mango Coconut Ice-Cream

Make the ice-cream first by nerfing the following into a food processor:
  • 1 can of coconut cream
  • 2 cups of diced mango
  • 1 freckled banana
  • 1/2 - 2 tsp of sweet & smoky chili powder depending on taste.
  • 1/8 - 1/4 tsp tamarind paste
  • a pinch of salt
Once fully blended spoon it into ice cube trays and freeze. The trays makes freezing quicker and aid in the final step.

Ham Candy
OK, so this is a weird recipe and one where the right ingredients can make or break the end result. The first time I made it was at my daughters. She's a 'foodie' and has the most amazing selection of sauces & seasonings, many of which are insanely good. The second time I made it was at home and I am budget basic in the kitchen. My basic chili powder, bbq sauce and maple syrup ruined this recipe.

In a pint jug mix:
  • 1 cup of water,
  • 1/4 c brown sugar,
  • 1/2 c high quality maple syrup,
  • 1/4 cup of the best sweet & smoky bbq sauce you have.
Set aside.

In a heavy fry pan place 3 - 4 cups of finely diced fatty ham (end pieces and off-cuts work well). You want the pieces to be about 1/2 a cm ( roughly 1/5 inch). Heat slowly to render the fat then turn up the heat a little so you get a controlled fry, stirring frequently. Take your time because you want to drive out the water in the meat to give a cured jerky texture. Once you start getting that rich bbq colour increase the heat until the fat begins to smoke and pour in the contents of your pint jug. You want to boil off the water quickly because its only there to lift the fat renderings and suspend that delicious flavour in your syrup. Stir constantly until the renderings are absorbed and the syrup is rendering down. reduce the heat and continue to render down the syrup until it very sticky. At this point the ham candies should be sticking together with little to no free syrup. Turn off the heat and set aside.

Take your frozen ice-cream cubes from the freezer and half fill a smoothie maker or blender. Blend for a few seconds to break up the cubes into a spoonable mixture. If it's too firm add water, a tbsp at a time until the mix is like ice-cream.

Serve your chili & mango ice cream with generous amounts of warm ham candy.

Elvinia Branwen

Monell's Corn Pudding - Never thought I’d like - let alone LOVE - corn pudding. But this stuff is wonderful! Recipe comes from famous restaurant Monells in Nashville TN
https://www.copymethat.com/recipebox/robin-bauer/5157110/

Ingredients
    • 3 cans creamed corn
    • 1/4 cup milk
    • 3/4 cup sugar
    • 1/3 cup flour
    • 6 eggs
    • 4 T. Butter melted
Steps
    • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    • Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
    • In a large bowl lightly beat eggs, add melted butter, sugar and milk.
    • Whisk in flour.
    • Stir in corn.
    • Pour mixture into casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees.