• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

number punctuation

Aritra

I don't know anything about coding etc for autofill formula stuff but... is there a reason why we can't have a thousandth separator?
When you get to six digits and beyond, it takes longer to determine the number you're actually looking at because you have to interpret it more consciously. For fewer digits, most people have unconscious automatic determination of what they're are viewing by shape recognition, but when I have to stop and count, it is annoying. Surely I'm not the only one and it seems pretty basic.
Has this been addressed already?

DeletedUser27062

I don't know anything about coding etc for autofill formula stuff but... is there a reason why we can't have a thousandth separator?
When you get to six digits and beyond, it takes longer to determine the number you're actually looking at because you have to interpret it more consciously. For fewer digits, most people have unconscious automatic determination of what they're are viewing by shape recognition, but when I have to stop and count, it is annoying. Surely I'm not the only one and it seems pretty basic.
Has this been addressed already?
Where, specifically, do you think it's needed? I have seen a decimal used - 10.5k - for example but that's on mobile

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Some countries in Europe and the U.S. use different separators (comma vs. period) to designate thousands vs. decimals. Maybe this affects the decision, because it would be confusing? I'm supportive of a thousandth separator but wouldn't want people to be confused.
In previous discussions, we came up with the simple compromise of a space.

1,234,567,890 = USA
1.234.567.890 = EU
1 234 567 890 = Universal?

It's not perfect, but it would stop my eyes from crossing.

Alternatively since I assume everything else in the game changes based on region (building names etc) why couldn't euro servers use one system and the US server use another?