• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Number the quests in events

Catface8471

Gems of Elvenar has the quest list for us to know what to expect but in the game the quests are not numbered. I click on my quest and it shows what I need to do but it would be nice to show that it's quest 12 for example so I know where I'm at.
It's not a super important thing but it would be nice to know where we are on the list without having to read all the quests to see which one we're on.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
The quests are numbered, in the quest counter, both on desktop and mobile app.
Screenshot_20210723-144053_Elvenar.jpg

Catface8471

I'm more looking for an actual quest #
If there's 100 quests for the event I'd like the one I'm on to say #16 for example so I know where I am. I can use the number of rewards I get to figure it out so it's not a huge deal but it would be nice.

Grid Gypsy

What Lelanya is saying is that the bar on the bottom tells you which quest you're on. On PC you would hover your pointer over the bar (tap on the bar with mobile) and it shows XX/the next goal, so if you're on quest 16 it will show 15/20 under the next relic you'll receive because you finished 15 and are working on 16.

Catface8471

I'm on a laptop and it doesn't not show me that. When I hover over it I get a number like 13-16 or a grouping. Not the actual number.

Grid Gypsy

I'm on a laptop and it doesn't not show me that. When I hover over it I get a number like 13-16 or a grouping. Not the actual number.

I'm on laptop too, I'll post my bar below. The top numbers on the bar are each point where prizes are given, the bottom numbers are story points. I have done 19 quests so far and gotten the relic for the 19th. (I was incorrect when I said for 20) The 19 is lit up because it's completed and below that is 19/20, which means I've completed quest 19 out of the 20 needed for the next story point. Below the picture for the next prize point it says 19/39 which means I've completed 19 out of the 39 quests needed to collect it. Does that make more sense?

image_2021-07-23_164345.png

Last edited:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Once upon a time, we used to get 2 quest givers for some events. There was a counter included in the sequential questline. But the event types, styles and rewards vary, so even back in the day, that didn't alwsys happen. This practice stopped around the time the App was introduced. It looks to me like 2 or 3 processes have been merged into the same format for both platforms.

Aritra

+1
While I am fully aware of the ability to see how many quests you have completed from the bar below, it would be nice to simply have a # shown somewhere on the task area, no need to hover or tap anything to view it. I know nothing about coding but this seems like it should be easy enough (number auto filled from number associated with tasks assigned). *shrug*

I'm more looking for an actual quest #
If there's 100 quests for the event I'd like the one I'm on to say #16 for example so I know where I am. I can use the number of rewards I get to figure it out so it's not a huge deal but it would be nice.
If you go to Elvenar Gems of Knowledge at https://elvengems.com it will give you the complete event quest list. On the home page, there is a list of events (current, recently completed and future). Just find the tab for the current game, open it, and you will see several info windows, Click on the quest window and it will give you the complete list.

able99

Catface, I totally support your suggestion. It is essentially the same one I made back in Feb,11 2021, titled "Add Sequence Numbers to Quest Lablel"
I don't think any programming would be involved for the developers; they label the Quest already so just make Sequence number part of Label.

There are often Quests that are very similar and easy to lose you place on the Gems list unless you printed it out and check them off. Also a sequence number on the Quest will make it easier to compare progress with your fellowship, or ask a question about a particular quest. Within my FS, I often ask others where they are up to, and a number would make it easier.

BrinDarby

#QuestsSeahorse FoodCumulative
1Collect a big amount of Coins3535
2Produce 4 Beverages3570
3Spend 8 Knowledge Points36106

@Catface8471 , elvengems lists the # of each task, once you
get into daily tasks they start counting over from 1 .

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
elvengems lists the # of each task, once you
get into daily tasks they start counting over from 1 .

Which the actual game does not do on the milestone prize list, so I have never understood why the person who does the elvengems lists insists on separating them like that. No other site I know does it that way either.