• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Numbers Don't Add Up

RichWood

I thought awhile back something was wrong. Okay, I produced 114 Archer's but when I go to look at my camp, it says 1.6. In Spire it says 1. I do not understand where did my production go?

free-spirit

When you train troops, you train individual units, but what shows in your army camp is the number of Squads of individual units you have. Your squad size is based on the squad size researches you have completed. You can see your squad size on the browser in your army camp on the upper right corner. This size goes with you on World map encounters.
1673569664047.png

Here you see that the squad size is 8556, so I would not show 1 squad in the army camp until I have trained 8556 units. Some units take up more "space" in the army camp, which means fewer are needed to fill a squad, but you also cannot train as many at a time. There's a section in the Wiki about unit "weight" that explains this.

In the Spire and the Tournament, your squad size is based on a number of different factors like completed research, expansions, AW levels, etc. It's often larger in the Spire and will take more units to fill it, so you'll be bringing fewer squads with you.

Last edited:

RichWood

When you train troops, you train individual units, but what shows in your army camp is the number of Squads of individual units you have. Your squad size is based on the squad size researches you have completed. You can see your squad size on the browser in your army camp on the upper right corner. This size goes with you on World map encounters.
View attachment 14482
Here you see that the squad size is 8556, so I would not show 1 squad in the army camp until I have trained 8556 units. Some units take up more "space" in the army camp, which means fewer are needed to fill a squad, but you also cannot train as many at a time. There's a section in the Wiki about unit "weight" that explains this.

In the Spire and the Tournament your squad size is based on a number of different factors like completed research, expansions, AW levels etc. It's often larger in the Spire, and will take more untis to fill it, so you'll be bringing less squads with you.
Thank you very much free-spirit. It seems harder trying to my army larger, when I first started I was producing more than I am now. Io pay attention to the Squad Size instead of numbers produced. Thank you again!

free-spirit

Thank you very much free-spirit. It seems harder trying to my army larger, when I first started I was producing more than I am now. Io pay attention to the Squad Size instead of numbers produced. Thank you again!
You can see it on mobile, but you have to have a dwarven bulwark or Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms and look from there (open the AW overview tab and tap on "training capacity bonus.")

I haven't found any other way (aside from math) to see it on mobile.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
is this one of those things you can only see on a computer?
Apparently so. Went to mobile app to check and nope, not there in the Army Camp. I did find it in one place, but you don't have access to it yet. Dwarven Bulwark, an Ancient Wonder you get at the end of Ch6: Tap the 'production' icon and it opens the overview. Tap on the 'training capacity bonus' and a tooltip pops up that shows your current squad size (since the bonus is based on squad size). There may be other AW's with benefits based on squad size and you could see it there as well, but I didn't check.
I'd hate this if I was primarily a mobile app player! I know there's a way to figure out squad size based on the number of squad size techs (mandatory and optional) that you have activated. Darned if I'd want to do that math every time I wanted to figure out how to increase troop production! Since I started this game fully intending to ignore combat, I doubt I would have (1) ever changed my mind and (2) stuck around as long as I have since part of what keeps my attention is the battle system. I'm pretty sure I'd have been bored to death logging in, collecting resources, activating techs, etc. And, I'd have been one of those players who 'wants' certain rewards (Gold Spire/adv tourney chests), but can't see how it benefits me to do more when it takes away the resources I need for everything else in my city. No Spire, no tourney...nope, I'd be gone.
That said, increasing squad size is a good thing. More troops/squad make the squad stronger in both attack and health. Since there's no longer a tourney formula based on squad sizes, there's no need to skip any of the optional techs. But, I don't know what it's like in early chapters now.

RichWood

Apparently so. Went to mobile app to check and nope, not there in the Army Camp. I did find it in one place, but you don't have access to it yet. Dwarven Bulwark, an Ancient Wonder you get at the end of Ch6: Tap the 'production' icon and it opens the overview. Tap on the 'training capacity bonus' and a tooltip pops up that shows your current squad size (since the bonus is based on squad size). There may be other AW's with benefits based on squad size and you could see it there as well, but I didn't check.
I'd hate this if I was primarily a mobile app player! I know there's a way to figure out squad size based on the number of squad size techs (mandatory and optional) that you have activated. Darned if I'd want to do that math every time I wanted to figure out how to increase troop production! Since I started this game fully intending to ignore combat, I doubt I would have (1) ever changed my mind and (2) stuck around as long as I have since part of what keeps my attention is the battle system. I'm pretty sure I'd have been bored to death logging in, collecting resources, activating techs, etc. And, I'd have been one of those players who 'wants' certain rewards (Gold Spire/adv tourney chests), but can't see how it benefits me to do more when it takes away the resources I need for everything else in my city. No Spire, no tourney...nope, I'd be gone.
That said, increasing squad size is a good thing. More troops/squad make the squad stronger in both attack and health. Since there's no longer a tourney formula based on squad sizes, there's no need to skip any of the optional techs. But, I don't know what it's like in early chapters now.
Thank you samidodamage, I found that I can do some things easier on the computer, but I do 90% on my tablet.