• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

oh wise one

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I think it's in response to the new "fact checking" site, "Gamitico." They check all the "facts," like "lvl 13 sanctuaries give out 1 million goods per every 36 hours" and "fairies are harder than dwarves" to insure everybody gets the "right" answer to anything posted. Of course, being of the "other" party all my "facts" are automatically suspect and if I utter things like, "2+2=4" they'll dissect in some way as to show that it's at best, "partially true." My suspicion is that those with the "oh wise one" moniker have been give that to inform "Gamitico" that they whatever they say must be at least "nearly perfectly true." But of course, I could be wrong, which, in itself, even Gamitico, must admit is "certainly and absolutely true."

And, I, therefore, get to be a "loquacious one," whatever the criteria is for that!

And, btw, I am personally glad I don't get to be a Buddy Member of any number since I really find them annoying, especially when swinging from some chandeleir.

AJ
You probably got "loquacious one" because you tend to be ummmm, how to say this... WORDY. lol

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
If the criteria for that were not self-explanatory, then the title may be in error.
Criteria are set by the one creating the measure and are not, in this case, generalized. Thus, without a statement of the number of instances of speaking compared to, perhaps, an average of all speakers, it is difficult to decide if one is truly loquacious. In a small, quiet forum, if I spoke six times in a year and the average was once, would that be loquacious? In addition, if the term is applicable to myself, are there not other players with far more posts?

I'm just "pulling your chain", of course. You could have given me the label of being pleonastic, but that would have been inaccurate in my estimation even if it might seem accurate to some others. And that one would be one of which I would complain. In any case, I did, and do find the label used humorous and pretty much reasonably accurate. My implied request for the criteria you used, was more "tongue in cheek." Sorry if I, again, was less than clear.

AJ

Tauriel Dragonwood

I think it's in response to the new "fact checking" site, "Gamitico." They check all the "facts," like "lvl 13 sanctuaries give out 1 million goods per every 36 hours" and "fairies are harder than dwarves" to insure everybody gets the "right" answer to anything posted. Of course, being of the "other" party all my "facts" are automatically suspect and if I utter things like, "2+2=4" they'll dissect in some way as to show that it's at best, "partially true." My suspicion is that those with the "oh wise one" moniker have been give that to inform "Gamitico" that they whatever they say must be at least "nearly perfectly true." But of course, I could be wrong, which, in itself, even Gamitico, must admit is "certainly and absolutely true."

And, I, therefore, get to be a "loquacious one," whatever the criteria is for that!

And, btw, I am personally glad I don't get to be a Buddy Member of any number since I really find them annoying, especially when swinging from some chandeleir.

AJ
According to the dictionary, Some common synonyms of loquacious are garrulous, talkative, and voluble. While all these words mean "given to talk or talking," loquacious suggests the power of expressing oneself articulately, fluently, or glibly. Now if they gave you the title of glibly, that would be an insult, in my opinion. I wonder why I am now Sir Neckless? Very weird.

Last edited: