• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

One improvement to an annoying interface

Should the amount of goods you have be displayed simultaneously accessing the 'accept trades' pane?

• Yes

• No

• Doesn't matter

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser3056

Hello all,

This being my first post on the forums i thought, naturally i'd make it a good one and complain about something ;) Specifically im talking about UX in regards to accepting trades.

Why can i not see how many goods i currently have stored on the accept trades screen?

It's pretty basic.

I have X amount of goods currently.
I need Z amount of goods to complete a research node or to negotiate in provinces.
Therefore i need to trade for Y amount of goods.

X + Y = Z

Amount Z is an arbitrary static value and held in your memory (because it's the current task you're trying to complete). Even if you have to calculate in advance how much of a certain resource is needed to complete an entire province for example it's not a big deal.

Amount X is also tracked by the system and can be displayed to you.

However by not displaying X alongside Z, simple comparison of values cannot be done.

Not only do you have to keep Z in mind when trading you also have to calculate Y and then on top of that what about the goods that you're using to trade, how do you keep yourself from over doing it and trading too much?

Currently when accepting trades you have to:

1. Keep the value of Z in your head.
2. Calculate Z - X = Y to see how much you need.
3. keep clicking away to the offers tab to check how many resources you have left to keep from over trading.

By showing X when accessing the accept trades pane the only thing you have to do is:

when X >= Z then complete task.

there is no risk of over trading either because the rest of your goods will be displayed simultaneously.

DeletedUser61

Have you noticed that YOUR quantities are displayed when you mouseover the various goods, in the actual trade window.

DeletedUser3056

Have you noticed that YOUR quantities are displayed when you mouseover the various goods, in the actual trade window.

Yes i have noticed, however this is still not satisfactory. As i stated before:

By showing X when accessing the accept trades pane

there is no risk of over trading (expending any more of a particular resource then is necessary) either because the rest of your goods will be displayed simultaneously.

DeletedUser3040

Not really a problem I've had. As far as trader goes, I hate when I see a line of trades that I wish to accept, and during the clickathon that ensues, I've accumulated enough of a certain good that it triggers a trade for that good, and I end up trading away the goods I wanted. This is mostly a problem caused by my inability to remember things that annoy me.