• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

One phoenix artifact...10k spell fragments and 3 blue prints...a good deal?

ElfGunn

In my MA, I can craft a phoenix artifact for 10k spell fragments plus 3 blue prints. Is this a good deal? It seems very expensive to me. I would guess 3k fragments and 1 blue print would be a reasonable price.

What do you all think? Do all players, regardless of level, pay the same? This would be a huge expense for me, unaffordable really, as much as I would like to evolve my fire phoenix, currently at Stage 3.

Gladiola

It would take almost all my spell fragments and all my blueprints, and I would do it. An alternative recipe calls for 10 CCs and 2 ashen phoenix artifacts.

You can get blueprints and spell fragments at other times, but the phoenix artifacts will only be available through the end of this event and the following FA. (And possibly again in another year or so.)

I have three phoenix artifacts so far from crafting in this event. I maybe will be able to get five total, but if I'm still playing in a year maybe I'll be able to evolve a fire phoenix.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have three phoenix artifacts so far from crafting in this event. I maybe will be able to get five total, but if I'm still playing in a year maybe I'll be able to evolve a fire phoenix.
If you are trying to fight, even a partially evolved Fire Phoenix is worth putting out. After the Coldfire Phoenix event last year, I had a stage 3 Fire Phoenix in my Winyandor city. It stayed at that level for nearly a year until they put Phoenix artifacts in the Spire early this year. But even at stage 3, it still gave 15% bonus damage to all my troops when fed. Despite being only stage 3, it was still very useful and I never regretted having it.

Gladiola

Thanks @Henroo That's good feedback. I was thinking of waiting until at least chapter 5 to craft the fire phoenix so I can save on RRs and maybe accumulate a few evolutions along the way. I would really love to have a more evolved one to make Portal Profits in the higher chapters!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
If I didn't have a max fire chicken I would pay anything I had to for phoenix artifacts.

1 Fire Phoenix artifact =
  • 5 levels of Temple of the Toads
  • 5 levels of Needles of the Tempest
  • 5 levels of Heroes Forge
  • 5 levels of Dragon Abbey
  • 5 levels of Victory Springs
And doesn't effect your spire/tournament formula and takes up basically zero space.

By far the best building in the game.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Thanks @Henroo That's good feedback. I was thinking of waiting until at least chapter 5 to craft the fire phoenix so I can save on RRs and maybe accumulate a few evolutions along the way. I would really love to have a more evolved one to make Portal Profits in the higher chapters!
Remember, the quicker you can kill the enemy in fewer rounds (visible during manual fighting but is what’s going on in autofighting too), the more troops you save from death each encounter, which means less troops to replace each week. Troop loss is a HUGE management factor if you want to reach sustainability fighting. That is why the Fire Chicken, even when not so fully evolved, is still very effective. It’s a blanket boost on ALL class types, not just mage and light range that you get from expiring buildings. If ALL troops kill more effectively, the 10-15% from a low level Fire will still add up to a cumulative effect in ending the battle sooner. Before I was able to max it out to lvl 10 in this event, mine was at 5 for awhile. Even at 5, it allowed me to fight and win Lab encounters in Spire without other buffs.

Gladiola

How do you have enough pet food to keep it fed? I have only managed to craft 3 so far, although granted I've avoided the recipes that used relics that are my main boost and Combining Catalyst relics because I have a severe shortage especially of planks relics. This will be sorted after the planks tourney, but still crafting even two pet food a week seems dubious.

SoggyShorts

How do you have enough pet food to keep it fed?
A few things:
1. After a few tournament cycles the relics issue gets less important, and you'll start making every possible pet food you can.
2. Not every round requires a feeding if you are short on food. Saving it for the last 2 rounds of the tournament and doing the last 2 floors of the spire (using timers won from the spire) is already a huge advantage
3. You can alternate weeks of catering and fighting to save up troops/goods/food.
4. Someday you'll have a timewarp + the upcoming polar bear (after mermaids hopefully) and you will only ever need to feed your firebird once per week
5. If you want to really crush the tournament/spire with troops you can spend 50 diamonds to refresh the MA in hopes of getting a UUU/MMM/ELR to craft and might pick up a petfood recipe while you're at it.

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
How do you have enough pet food to keep it fed? I have only managed to craft 3 so far, although granted I've avoided the recipes that used relics that are my main boost and Combining Catalyst relics because I have a severe shortage especially of planks relics. This will be sorted after the planks tourney, but still crafting even two pet food a week seems dubious.
Having the Fire Phoenix lets you do more in the tournament. Which in turn means you win more relics. Before long you will have enough relics to make pet food every single time it appears. Pet food is my #1 crafting priority. The 5 day buildings are my second. I have not yet gotten to the TimeWarp AW that cuts the time between tournament rounds, so I only get 2 tournament rounds out of every pet food. Therefore it takes me 3 pet foods a week to have Fire Phoenix active in every tournament round. I find this to be sustainable, despite using 3 pet foods a week I have stockpiles of between 70-90 in each of my 3 cities.

In addition, I wait to do the Spire until Tuesday. This means I can use the same Fire Phoenix feedings for both Spire and Tournament. Waiting means I sometimes have to use timers to hurry up some of the Spire gates. However if you are in a good FS and do the Spire every week then you will have plenty of timers.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If I didn't have a max fire chicken I would pay anything I had to for phoenix artifacts.

1 Fire Phoenix artifact =
  • 5 levels of Temple of the Toads
  • 5 levels of Needles of the Tempest
  • 5 levels of Heroes Forge
  • 5 levels of Dragon Abbey
  • 5 levels of Victory Springs
And doesn't effect your spire/tournament formula and takes up basically zero space.

By far the best building in the game.

Even the $75 Inno was asking for 3 Phoenix artifacts as the Thanksgiving special in 2019?

SoggyShorts

Even the $75 Inno was asking for 3 Phoenix artifacts as the Thanksgiving special in 2019?
LoL, Nah. you got me, I'll rephrase: everything else in a city has a lower value and I'd trade it. $75 RL money would buy any AAA game you want so paying that much for something in Elvenar seems crazy to me.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
4. Someday you'll have a timewarp + the upcoming polar bear (after mermaids hopefully) and you will only ever need to feed your firebird once per week

You need 2 pet feed in this case - assuming you are feeding your polar bear too;) But still better than 3.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
You also want to make sure you COLLECT whatever you're crafting in the relics slot before the new round of MA items come in so it's not tied up and becomes eligible for a fresh cycle. Even if it's done crafting, but it's lingering around waiting for you to collect the finished product, you will miss out refreshing the relics slot. I've gotten back to back pet foods many times. I will also make sure I do this for the building slot.

ElfGunn

Great stuff everyone, thanks for your responses.

My fire phoenix is Chapter 5, Stage 3, and I've had it built since I won 2 artifacts in the Spire. Based on the above, it seems I undervalued the artifacts in the MA. I just got my third blue print from the last tournament. I think I will plan to use them to craft an artifact.

According to the current schedule, how long will artifacts be available in the MA? I do have an extra artifact from the current event. Having maxed the ashen phoenix, now I'm kind of wishing I had saved those artifacts to craft some in the MA.

SoggyShorts

You need 2 pet feed in this case - assuming you are feeding your polar bear too;) But still better than 3.
Actually, the bear lasts for 2 weeks if you do it on Thursday or Friday, so 1.5 food per week will do it ;)
According to the current schedule, how long will artifacts be available in the MA?
At least until a week after the FA if the same as Beta
I do have an extra artifact from the current event. Having maxed the ashen phoenix, now I'm kind of wishing I had saved those artifacts to craft some in the MA.
Indeed, but you may still get more from this event (it's possibly even worth using diamonds in the event if you're close to getting another artifact) And the 2 from the FA should be convertible as well.
Finally, if you have the spell fragments but not blueprints you can use 300 diamonds for each of those in recipes that come up too.

Gladiola

So far the main limitation on my tournament progress is that I am stingy about opening up provinces (saving them for events). I can easily get up to six stars on the five provinces I have open this week with only having to cater the last round on the last couple provinces. Today I fought up to the High Halls and I'm waiting for the cooldown there. Probably with a Fire Phoenix I could easily get through the Laboratory, although the convince option is not very expensive either. My fellowship generally gets a bronze, so there's not much incentive for me to push into the Laboratory since the individual rewards are not that great.

I have been letting completed relics sit in my MA for a bit during the event so I can collect them to fulfill gain relics quests. (I have some crystal relics sitting there now waiting to be collected after the new quest unlocks.) Maybe I'll see pet food more often when I collect things more expeditiously.

SoggyShorts

I have been letting completed relics sit in my MA for a bit during the event so I can collect them to fulfill gain relics quests. (I have some crystal relics sitting there now waiting to be collected after the new quest unlocks.) Maybe I'll see pet food more often when I collect things more expeditiously.
Absolutely, since they share a slot with relics. If you let completed relics sit there you have exactly 0% chance of seeing pet food come up.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
So far the main limitation on my tournament progress is that I am stingy about opening up provinces (saving them for events).
I would advise clearing the provinces related to your 3 boosts in a more aggressive fashion. You will get 8 relics for every province you clear, which will help increase your boost. More importantly, you will gain more tournament provinces for the weeks the tournament involves your boosted goods. You want to get as many boosted relics as soon as possible in the game so you can get to max boost.

Gladiola

@Henroo Good idea! I have been opening provinces based on what is in the next tourney.

I have 5 marble provinces cleared for the upcoming tournament; by the time it is over my boost should be 381%, which is not near the max, but improving all the time. I joined during the scrolls tourney, so I just missed crystal, which is my next boost. I'll have six crystal provinces open. I already have 90 elixir relics for when I unlock that boost sometime this week and will have at least six and maybe seven elixir provinces open for that tourney in a few weeks. Getting 20 relics from the fellowship chest is another big bonus!