• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

One Thing

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I have to agree with @Dew Spinner on this one :) They REALLY need to do something about how they screwed up players with the Spire/Tournament difficulty calculation. If Inno wants to regain goodwill from their players, reversing the punishments for actually building our cities in a city builder game would go a long way toward improving their PR and making the game have some level of fun again.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Doesn't mean its a no. Just means it's down the list probably.

So maybe we frame the request as: We request a spell fragment building of some sort be added to the MA crafting choices. We are open to perhaps a once a month addition of a an extra choice being added to the line up of choices for one week. Maybe tied to tourney dates? Spire dates? What?

Myne

Oh Wise One
I am going to throw this in the mix as well, just for grins and giggles. IF the throttling on progression is tied to limited space in the gameplaying field, why don't they open up some small pieces of real estate on the cliffs, or down by the bay/lake/ocean or across the bridge? Honestly those small pieces would make awesome prizes.

Dew Spinner

Iyapo1

The tournament cha
IF the throttling on progression is tied to limited space in the gameplaying field, why don't they open up some small pieces of real estate
Limited space in the game play field had nothing to do with the tournament changes. KP farming was a massive consideration though.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The tournament formula is 1st place, easily. Having player cities peak in chapter 15 when the game goes to chapter 19 is crazy.
My proposed solution for chapters 16+ would be something like
If the cost to do the spire went up by 30% at the chapter start and your production went up by 36% spread throughout the chapter:
  • 3x merc upgrades each a 12% increase over chapter start
  • 3x training upgrades each a 12% increase over chapter start
  • 3x barracks upgrades each a 12% increase over chapter start
then yeah the start would be rough, but you could cover that by either saving up first or while you wait to unlock/place settlement buildings you could fill your city with extra troop/goods buildings.

By the end of the chapter, costs would be up to 130% and troop production up to 136% over chapter start
A small reward for progress, and a challenging journey to get there but a desirable one.

Last edited:

Moho

Chef
I have three cities, all in Chapter 5. I began playing last Christmas, and then I started two more cities in August. My original city seems to enjoy enough spell fragments, but not excesively many, whereas my younger cities do suffer from the lack of spell fragments.

But the one problem that I would like to see fixed in this game is the Fellowship Adventure. The overall rewards are so small compared to the effort players put into the "adventure" that I think I could do without them. I invest a lot of dedication into this part of the game, but only because I care about my fellowship and I want to show solidarity to its members.

Certain people may think this is not a problem, but I am convinced it is; and to solve it, I believe there should be a big difference in rewards between those who choose to follow only one path on each of the three stages and those who blanket every stage completely.

Furthermore, doing the pit should be more substantially rewarded and the prizes should reflect the final hierarchy more accurately.

If I were to start my own fellowship, I would encourage members to take part in the Spire and Tournament and ignore the Fellowship Adventure completely. And I would devise a competition of our own taking place at the same time with the FA, but offering members better rewards that would reflect their effort and dedication invested in common activites.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Moho The only issue with improving the FA rewards is that the interface still sucks the joy out of it.
Stopping your collections/tournament/spire/wonder donations hundreds of times to open the badge interface and collect badges
instead of
collecting them when you are done gathering productions/clearing spire/tournament/dumping KP into a wonder
is objectively boring.

If the rewards are improved, especially for doing more than one path, without first improving the interface then players will hate it even more and the feeling of "I invest a lot of dedication into this part of the game, but only because I care about my fellowship and I want to show solidarity to its members." will be even more prevalent.

Last edited:

Myne

Oh Wise One
The tournament formula is 1st place, easily. Having player cities peak in chapter 15 when the game goes to chapter 19 is crazy.
My proposed solution for chapters 16+ would be something like
If the cost to do the spire went up by 30% at the chapter start and your production went up by 36% spread throughout the chapter:
  • 3x merc upgrades each a 12% increase over chapter start
  • 3x training upgrades each a 12% increase over chapter start
  • 3x barracks upgrades each a 12% increase over chapter start
then yeah the start would be rough, but you could cover that by either saving up first or while you wait to unlock/place settlement buildings you could fill your city with extra troop/goods buildings.

By the end of the chapter, costs would be up to 130% and troop production up to 136% over chapter start
A small reward for progress, and a challenging journey to get there but a desirable one.

This is a good solid answer to the problem. Have you suggested it to the devs or had it voted on?

Myne

Oh Wise One
I agree the FA is in HUGE need of some changes. I also think the interface/badge collection correction is a good place to start. I do not agree with letting mages or other players place your badges, as that sucks further joy out of the FA for individual players. There is no personal sense of accomplishment if you have to hand them off to someone else. I do agree with the idea of accumulating "fragments" of badges to go to a whole one. I am also not in agreement with a mandatory "keeping track of" who contributes what and how much to each map. It just seems that would create hard feelings or resentment when it's not necessary to do so. If it was only viewable by the archmage, I may reconsider that position. The majority of fellowships are not aggressive and demanding to the degree that would justify that being added to the FA. Each player and each fellowship has their own style of play and I think in adding that feature, it may actually discourage play.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'm not sure I'd change a thing in the game. I've been her for about 4 years, I think and the changes are all something I just adjust too and think of as part of the game. I have complained about the forced rise in the cost of KP, but that's pretty minor and most people don't have a problem with it.

All the tournament changes seem to have helped me do more. My average got up to 8k per week, and I can sustain that for a long time but felt it I wanted others in my fs to take the lead, and they did.

So how about nothing? Leave it all as it is AND give us a lot of time to adjust to it. THEN, throw in some big change so we can have something proper to complain about! :p ;)

On the other hand, I do complain a lot about the psychological manipulation of the star system as a measure of trades....but I won't go into that here lest we get side tracked (again).

AJ

Myne

Oh Wise One
After reading all the discussion and feedback on the tournament changes, I get that at or around chapter 16, a bottleneck occurs that effectively sucks all the joy out of the game and turns it into work that leaves a bad taste in your mouth and anger in your spirit. This bottleneck seems to involve a combination of penalties imposed in the form of negative metrics that impact progression in the game and in tournaments. What I gather is that having Ancient Wonders in your city at a high level imposes penalties on you even though those Wonders are supposed to be a positive and natural progression for your city. The same can be said for expansions to your city, i.e. the more you place, the more they count against you, even though they are supposed to be a positive improvement to your progression. Also, at that point in the game, creating troops to keep up with the losses these penalties impose is nigh on impossible with or without buffs.
The retention of long term higher level players is looking dim, while newer players benefit from the changes made.
Have I hit the crux of the issues?
Maybe instead of general complaints to the developers regarding this issue, we need to be very succinct and specific in our bitching.
I.E. Go back and take a look at what your metric changes have done to chapters 16 and above because it's not working! and then cite the above issues.

Myne

Oh Wise One
I'm not sure I'd change a thing in the game. I've been her for about 4 years, I think and the changes are all something I just adjust too and think of as part of the game. I have complained about the forced rise in the cost of KP, but that's pretty minor and most people don't have a problem with it.

All the tournament changes seem to have helped me do more. My average got up to 8k per week, and I can sustain that for a long time but felt it I wanted others in my fs to take the lead, and they did.

So how about nothing? Leave it all as it is AND give us a lot of time to adjust to it. THEN, throw in some big change so we can have something proper to complain about! :p ;)

On the other hand, I do complain a lot about the psychological manipulation of the star system as a measure of trades....but I won't go into that here lest we get side tracked (again).

AJ

Carry on with your bad self then. Thanks for the input though :)