• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

One Thing

Myne

Oh Wise One
What is the one thing you feel needs improvement the most in the game?
Name that one thing and then state what is wrong with it. Be specific. What is it affecting and how? How is it holding you back?
This thread is being made with an eye towards narrowing the focus of problems to what is the most pressing.
Also, if you have an idea as to what can be done to improve that one thing, please let us know so that it can be discussed.
State the chapter you are in as well.
Also whether you are a catering or fighting city, please

Last edited:

Myne

Oh Wise One
I've seen complaints about everything, but there must be one thing that is more needful of being fixed than another. Perhaps if we focus, we can come up with some solutions that won't make folks mad and affect the play negatively.

Iyapo1

The shortage of spell fragments. I craft a lot and run out of spell fragments. I was able to implement in game solutions for the CC shortages but I can not work around spell fragments.

Iyapo1

I've seen complaints about everything, but there must be one thing that is more needful of being fixed than another. Perhaps if we focus, we can come up with some solutions that won't make folks mad and affect the play negatively.
I doubt we can find 1 thing we all agree on since so many things are chapter, playstyle and city specific.

Myne

Oh Wise One
The shortage of spell fragments. I craft a lot and run out of spell fragments. I was able to implement in game solutions for the CC shortages but I can not work around spell fragments.

what chapter are you in and do you cater or fight?

Myne

Oh Wise One
I doubt we can find 1 thing we all agree on since so many things are chapter, playstyle and city specific.

Perhaps not (actually I don't expect to find one thing for everyone) but we can see what is important to many and perhaps refine it to suggestions for the developers?

Iyapo1

I have 3 cities. Two in chapter 8 and 1 in chapter 7. I cater in all of them. Top the spire with a 5k tournament average.

Myne

Oh Wise One

So, do you feel they should be added as a form of reward, quantities upped in the spire, or a whole new method for getting them?

Iyapo1

I think it would need to be an event building. Too many players have multiple moonstone sets or craft less than I do so they have a surplus of frags. A building would have the least impact on those with excess fragment.....putting the moonstone libraries back in the spire would be my idea of perfect!

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Funny. I have never not had excess spell fragments. Even if I was to run out, I have pages & pages of inventory from various prizes that I could disenchant and have thousands again. My point is that there is not a chance there is going to be 1 universally agreed upon "improvement". Over the years I have never seen any change that didn't have those who liked it and those who hated it.

My #1 wish would be that the end chapters would stop being artificially lengthened by boring, almost mindless, repetitive productions for stupidly high quantities of whatever chapter item is needed to finish the research tree. It isn't challenging! It is just drudgery! Obviously, this would not help most players in lower chapters.

Dew Spinner

Tournament/ Spire penalty formula is a universally hated thing, to solve it they need to stop severely punishing progression, IE. expansions, AW levels, Tech Tree. The only players that don't hate it are the really new ones that have no idea about it yet, once they progress far enough for it to start having a significant impact, they hate it too. It makes no sense to not be able to build your city in a city building game! Chapter 10/hybrid city.

Last edited:

Myne

Oh Wise One
Funny. I have never not had excess spell fragments. Even if I was to run out, I have pages & pages of inventory from various prizes that I could disenchant and have thousands again. My point is that there is not a chance there is going to be 1 universally agreed upon "improvement". Over the years I have never seen any change that didn't have those who liked it and those who hated it.

My #1 wish would be that the end chapters would stop being artificially lengthened by boring, almost mindless, repetitive productions for stupidly high quantities of whatever chapter item is needed to finish the research tree. It isn't challenging! It is just drudgery! Obviously, this would not help most players in lower chapters.

I understand there is not going to be only one. But there is only one to each person.
As to your #1, what would be your suggestion to improve the situation?

Myne

Oh Wise One
I think it would need to be an event building. Too many players have multiple moonstone sets or craft less than I do so they have a surplus of frags. A building would have the least impact on those with excess fragment.....putting the moonstone libraries back in the spire would be my idea of perfect!

Not everyone needs the fragment building...how about if it were a craftable thing? Would that solve your problem? That way, it could benefit those who needed it and those who don't can bypass it.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Tournament/ Spire penalty formula is a universally hated thing, to solve it they need to stop severely punishing progression, IE. expansions, AW levels, Tech Tree. The only players that don't hate it are the really new ones that have no idea about it yet, once they progress far enough for it to start having a significant impact, they hate it too. It makes no sense to not be able to build your city in a city building game! Chapter 10/hybrid city.

Devils Advocate: Maybe they do it to slow progression deliberately? There are a finite number of chapters, and some folks buy diamonds quite regularly and therefore can blow through the chapters pretty quickly.

I too, have a hybrid city and am in chapter 11. It is making itself felt for sure. What AWs are tied to this specifically? If these impediments are removed or abated, what would you see put in place to replace them? Do you support changing the dynamics and metrics of fighting to create more challenging battles? Perhaps a choice of level of battles tied to rewards or progression? That would support different playing styles.

Myne

Oh Wise One
@Myne I would be happy with anything I can get spell frags out of, craftable or event building.

Perhaps then it's time to go to ideas and suggestions forum and place a suggestion that a craftable building be added to the rotation in the MA to produce spell fragments? I am also wondering if there needs to be an additional crafting slot added because there are now many items that need crafting?

Dew Spinner

Devils Advocate: Maybe they do it to slow progression deliberately? There are a finite number of chapters, and some folks buy diamonds quite regularly and therefore can blow through the chapters pretty quickly.

I too, have a hybrid city and am in chapter 11. It is making itself felt for sure. What AWs are tied to this specifically? If these impediments are removed or abated, what would you see put in place to replace them? Do you support changing the dynamics and metrics of fighting to create more challenging battles? Perhaps a choice of level of battles tied to rewards or progression? That would support different playing styles.
They are not slowing progression, they are stopping it dead in it;s tracks. A lot of high chapter players on the US Forum and Beta Forum have indefinitely parked their cities at the end of chapter 15 or the very beginning of chapter 16. ALL AWs are tied to the formula even non military ones. What I would like to see put in their place is a game where you can actually DO all the chapters and not have to park indefinitely, I don't think that is too much to ask for to be allowed to build your city in a city building game!

Dew Spinner

Perhaps then it's time to go to ideas and suggestions forum and place a suggestion that a craftable building be added to the rotation in the MA to produce spell fragments? I am also wondering if there needs to be an additional crafting slot added because there are now many items that need crafting?
And there is the rub, a lot of players will complain if the building pool is diluted with another building, unless it is a one and done building.

Myne

Oh Wise One
They are not slowing progression, they are stopping it dead in it;s tracks. A lot of high chapter players on the US Forum and Beta Forum have indefinitely parked their cities at the end of chapter 15 or the very beginning of chapter 16. ALL AWs are tied to the formula even non military ones. What I would like to see put in their place is a game where you can actually DO all the chapters and not have to park indefinitely, I don't think that is too much to ask for to be allowed to build your city in a city building game!

So, they are too stringent. Ok, perhaps we can request they review this feature with an eye to loosening them to allow progression?

Myne

Oh Wise One
And there is the rub, a lot of players will complain if the building pool is diluted with another building, unless it is a one and done building.
Building pool diluted...maybe there does need to be another slot added to MA for crafting?