• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Online Status "green dot" incorrect

defiantoneks

Game version: v1.166.2-(f542c54) - html5 (2023-01-05 10:35)
Game world: Elcysandir and Winyandor
Browser + version: Firefox 108.0.1 64bit
Operating System: mac OS Catalina 10.15.7
Humans or Elves: both

Reproducibility: 4/5

Current situation:
FS member list displaying all members shows certain members as online (green dot active) but when / who is used in the chat console, member is not online.

Expected situation:
green dot should accurately appear when members are online

Reproduction Steps
check member list, see which are listed as "active" (green dot present)
2. check chat console with / who and see if they are really present

cant add screen snaps as that's against the rules.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Isn't there a pretty wide time limit of like 20m or something on the green dot? It's not real-time accurate on purpose from my understanding.

defiantoneks

Isn't there a pretty wide time limit of like 20m or something on the green dot? It's not real-time accurate on purpose from my understanding.
well, i wont argue that b/c i dont know… makes no sense to me why that would be. a few seconds i would get, for info to travel back and forth. but past that it would just be deceiving trying to ask a supposedly online player a question.
Hmmm, In Arendyll I have 2 with green Dots and /who shows 4 online, so the opposite.
hopefully the "dot incorrect" will address both directions of inaccuracy

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The dots don't show as green unless someone is online for at least 5 minutes straight, I think it was, and stays green for a few minutes after they exit the game. The /who command only lists people online at that exact moment you type it. So there will be plenty of times they won't match. That is how Inno intended it, so this is not a bug.