• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Only in Canada, eh!

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
They're trying to start a football game in Winnipeg, but a lot of the fans were delayed getting seated because police had to close a major access road due to a moose running around near the stadium.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Literally everyone in Canada knows someone who had a friend/relative in a moose accident. People think they're just big deer, and they aren't--they are tanks with hooves.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yes. Deer is a terrible a comparison. They're really a lot more like a horse with antlers.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
You are quite right about "tanks with hooves" They are a very large, very tough animal and it's probably a good thing they shut the road down until they could move the moose. Maybe they could invent a game of "Moose" played on the road with big SUV"s with "Moose Catchers" on the front. I could see it in the Olympics some day!

AJ

LilWolf De Lioncourt

I used to live in Alaska and I remember a lady was doing her dishes as she looked out her back kitchen window she saw something Huge by the time she got to her Back Door there a HUGE Bull Moose staring at Her:eek: good thing she was behind her door she slammed the door and called the Wildlife number. I used to see them all the time when I lived up there, but that was only from a long Distance away.:D I'm half Canuuk:cool: when I was up there I hadn't seen any but I know they are everywhere..

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
My dad was a moose hunter when we lived up north. When I was about 7-10, I wore a hand-made moose hide jacket done by a local native woman who was a friend of the family from one of his hides.

LilWolf De Lioncourt

I had moose for the first time when I lived up in Alaska. It wasn't to bad.. I just can't eat Deer Meat that's just gross*laughs* even if I smell it, it makes me nauses...

DeletedUser21539

When my kids were little we used to get moose sticks... Like pepperoni sticks but made with moose..they called them moosearonies..lol

LilWolf De Lioncourt

*laughs* when I had the Moose I was at the Salvation Army and we were having speghetti and they called it Speghetti and Moose Balls:eek: they rolled up the moose meat just like meat balls*laughs*