• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Optimal layout for multipe Pilgram's Manor Sets

Aritra

I was just going to go by the picture (on the event interface)
Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 3.25.21 PM.png

edit: I just realized the inquiry was about multiple sets (I'm guessing how people arrange multiple moonstones in strategic ways). I only expect one, lol.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
SoggyShorts said on Beta that he had 2 sets in 57 squares, that's pretty good space savings, seeing 1 set is 40 squares!

Two Complete Sets would obviously be impossible on less that 80 squares, otherwise they are not complete sets. You will have to find out from him which pieces of a second set he did not put out, or win/buy, to find out his layout.

Also, are you prepared to spend the diamonds and money that two complete sets will require?

Huor

That would be amazing to have more then one! I'm still hoping I can complete one of them (I don't have diamonds just laying around. lol). I just hit the sequential quest wall and am now locked out until the daily's come around. My concern is there is more vision vapor being requested then an FA! As a chapter 5 city, that's got me hanging by my thumbs in the basement. I should hit 6 pieces as I'm working on the 6th one when the breaks were applied. This should prove quite the challenge! On a side note. I'm still sitting in gold league on my world but I wouldn't be surprised to wake up and find myself a hobbyist. lol.

Dew Spinner

Two Complete Sets would obviously be impossible on less that 80 squares, otherwise they are not complete sets. You will have to find out from him which pieces of a second set he did not put out, or win/buy, to find out his layout.

Also, are you prepared to spend the diamonds and money that two complete sets will require?
Soggy had 2 fully functional sets. only need 6 connections not 7, in 57 squares.

Dew Spinner

You still have to win two complete sets, which means finishing in the Silver League for that 7th piece of the 2nd set, to do that, even if some pieces can be left out.
I am not asking about how muh it costs, I am asking about the optimal layout for the highest space efficientcy, do you have anything to add to that discussion?????

Last edited:

Huor

In looking at it, I wonder if he left out the 2 entrance sets which would be 24 ( 4 - 2x3 buildings) total tiles as they are not needed for linking. That's the first thing I would do.

Dew Spinner

In looking at it, I wonder if he left out the 2 entrance sets which would be 24 ( 4 - 2x3 buildings) total tiles as they are not needed for linking. That's the first thing I would do.
Do you have a link or are you just surmising? I kind of figured it out but not sure if it is the most efficient layout.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am not asking about how muh it costs, I am asking about the optimal layout for the highest space efficientcy, do you have anything to add for that?????

That depends on which pieces you want to put out two of and which pieces Soggy actually put out. The three that produce the tier 1 goods can be put out by themselves and just touching each other and get the full bonus from them, for one example. I think those three together only use 20 squares?

Also, I am not sure what post of his you read, but it may not have anything to do with this set, because every piece covers an even number of squares, so it is impossible for it to cover an odd number like 57.

Huor

Actually I need to make a correction. Elvengems has them at 2x3 and they are really 4x1. I got the size from my own city. Info on each of the entrance pieces in my city show no link of any kind. Population and culture only which matches Elvengems. So the reduction would be 16 tiles. If they are providing more then pop and culture when placed with the set, the game is not saying in the info (at least on the app). Sorry for the confusion. I don't know if elvenstats would show a beta world but if so, it would show his layout.

Dew Spinner

That depends on which pieces you want to put out two of and which pieces Soggy actually put out. The three that produce the tier 1 goods can be put out by themselves and just touching each other and get the full bonus from them, for one example. I think those three together only use 20 squares?

Also, I am not sure what post of his you read, but it may not have anything to do with this set, because every piece covers an even number of squares, so it is impossible for it to cover an odd number like 57.
It was about THIS set, @SoggyShorts cans speak for himself on this, I don't want to say anything more than he did on his post. Which was 2 fully functioning sets on 57 squares.

Dew Spinner

Actually I need to make a correction. Elvengems has them at 2x3 and they are really 4x1. I got the size from my own city. Info on each of the entrance pieces in my city show no link of any kind. Population and culture only which matches Elvengems. So the reduction would be 16 tiles. If they are providing more then pop and culture when placed with the set, the game is not saying in the info (at least on the app). Sorry for the confusion. I don't know if elvenstats would show a beta world but if so, it would show his layout.
Elevengems is wrong about a lot of stuff, I stopped using that site because of how much info was inaccurate. The Gates are only link pieces, you only need 6 buildings not 7, so you can monkey around with placement. I am wondering which is the best monkeying around for the space involved!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It was about THIS set, @SoggyShorts cans speak for himself on this, I don't want to say anything more than he did on his post. Which was 2 fully functioning sets on 57 squares.

Which, again, is mathematically impossible. Three pieces cover 4 squares each, two pieces cover 6 squares each, and two pieces cover 8 squares each. Find how to make an odd number out of that.

I also looked on Beta and saw no post by him on this. So there is a good chance that he made some error in his post and deleted it after you saw it.

Dew Spinner

Which, again, is mathematically impossible. Three pieces cover 4 squares each, two pieces cover 6 squares each, and two pieces cover 8 squares each. Find how to make an odd number out of that.

I also looked on Beta and saw no post by him on this. So there is a good chance that he made some error in his post and deleted it after you saw it.
@SoggyShorts would have not said that if it wasn't true! I have had my dust ups with @SoggyShorts but I respect his knowledge of the game highly!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well, like anyone else can do, I looked him up on elvenstats, clicked on his Beta city, clicked on the link to look at it in elvenarchitect, and the pieces of the set he has out add up to 64 squares. He has two each of the manor, marble, steel, and planks buildings, and one each of the entrance buildings, and none of the fountain.

And Soggy makes mistakes, but he goes back and corrects them in his posts or deletes the incorrect posts altogether, rather than just apologizing and leaving up incorrect information.

Dew Spinner

Well, like anyone else can do, I looked him up on elvenstats, clicked on his Beta city, clicked on the link to look at it in elvenarchitect, and the pieces of the set he has out add up to 64 squares. He has two each of the manor, marble, steel, and planks buildings, and one each of the entrance buildings, and none of the fountain.

And Soggy makes mistakes, but he goes back and corrects them in his posts or deletes the incorrect posts altogether, rather than just apologizing and leaving up incorrect information.
You are right, I was wrong, it is 72 squares not 57...see post below

[IMG alt="SoggyShorts"]https://us.forum.elvenar.com/data/avatars/m/2/2966.jpg?1610352013[/IMG]
SoggyShorts

Wednesday at 1:41 AM
Black watch said:
I hate the fact that two of the set pieces don't have connection bonuses or productions
Those are just there to give other buildings the bonuses they need.
Black watch said:
I WAS excited about a new set, then saw the size and what it did.... not so much now
What chapter are you in?
In chapter 15 the set gives me goods equal to 9x9h runs.
As a 2x9h player this means the set is worth as much as 4 level 31 buildings so I will save 100 squares of factories and another 120 squares of pop.
I managed to get 2 sets on Beta which fit in 72 squares with a value of around 500 squares.
That's 17 expansions which don't count against me in the spire tournament.
Epic IMO.

index.php

Recruiting players of all chapters who want GOLD SPIRE & 10+ chest tournaments
Message me in Winyandor or Khelonaar!
Next event: www.tinyurl.com/sorchome

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

Again, do You have anything to add to the space optimazation question?