• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Optimal layout for multipe Pilgram's Manor Sets

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Again, do You have anything to add to the space optimazation question?

Well, he did not put out the fountains, so I guess he did not need the mana that comes from them, if you are in chapter 9+, like he is. The big problem is that the Manor has to touch five different buildings in order to get the relics and the CC, so that means you can only eliminate one of the seven buildings and still get them. So you either don't use the fountain or one of the entrances or one of the tier 1 goods buildings. The 64 squares he dropped down to since that post may be the smallest you can get it and still get full production from two Manors. Elvenarchitect does let you experiment in your city layout without you already having the buildings, so maybe you can discover something better than he did?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I wanted to know if anyone else had already experimented with the most efficient layout. If you haven't, then that's cool.

Sort of meaningless to experiment if you don't plan to spend for the extra pieces. On Beta, I got the full set, plus an extra Stone Mason. I am boosted in Planks there so I am happy with that. If I were to experiment there, it would be to see if I can make a set that does not include the Planks set building, since that is the one I need the least, and see if I can free up those squares. With the reduced knowledge rewards on Live, I do not even expect to get that one extra building, so no reason to experiment here. If you were to get two complete sets, which pieces would you want to try and leave out?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Hehe so much arguing and no one thought to simply look at my city on elvenstats/architect?

PILGRIM.png

The 2x2 plazas are optional. I'm overflowing with mana so I didn't place them.
The fountain and tree entrances are crap, but required for set bonused on the manors.

Dew Spinner

Hehe so much arguing and no one thought to simply look at my city on elvenstats/architect?

View attachment 10010

The 2x2 plazas are optional. I'm overflowing with mana so I didn't place them.
The fountain and tree entrances are crap, but required for set bonused on the manors.
Can 2 of the same buildings touch and create a link? I'm assuming no but thought I would ask anyways.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

Can 2 of the same buildings touch and create a link? I'm assuming no but thought I would ask anyways.
Sadly no.

I did not add anything pertinent to the earlier conversation either, I didnt get a fight. Very disappointing!

I also missed a chance to pretend nobody will spend on an event with a nice set:rolleyes:
I am actually assuming that the only way I will get an extra set is by spending enough to get through the grand prize rotation twice....I figure that will bump me to at least bronze league on live servers.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
For each other? No, you assume correctly. The link rules are:
  • Building A can give one link to any other building that touches it, as many as you like, but will not give a link to another building A.
  • Multiple copies of the same building will only give a single link bonus to another building regardless of how many touch it.
Everything in this pic gets ONE link bonus because each building is only touching one unique other building.
link.png

Deleted User - 1178646

Does anyone have a layout for the most efficient placement of 2 or 3 sets?
You should first determine what parts of the set you want to exploit.
With multiple sets you can often use the bad parts only once and multiples of the good ones.

So before an answer to this question can be given thats the first thing that need to be answered.

Example:
1623696479085.png

This set constists of:
1 Cornucopia sanctuary (at that the you could only aquire 1 of them)
2 moon temple (sucks)
1 Sun Temple (sucks)
5 Temple Entrance (good)
7 Harvest Storage (good)

This is how you optimise for multiple sets.

Dew Spinner

For each other? No, you assume correctly. The link rules are:
  • Building A can give one link to any other building that touches it, as many as you like, but will not give a link to another building A.
  • Multiple copies of the same building will only give a single link bonus to another building regardless of how many touch it.
Everything in this pic gets ONE link bonus because each building is only touching one unique other building.
View attachment 10012
You should first determine what parts of the set you want to exploit.
With multiple sets you can often use the bad parts only once and multiples of the good ones.

So before an answer to this question can be given thats the first thing that need to be answered.

Example:
View attachment 10013
This set constists of:
1 Cornucopia sanctuary (at that the you could only aquire 1 of them)
2 moon temple (sucks)
1 Sun Temple (sucks)
5 Temple Entrance (good)
7 Harvest Storage (good)

This is how you optimise for multiple sets. I won't be sure until I have the pieces and can monkey around with them.
I'm thinking, could be wrong, that I could get 3 connects for the 2nd set from the 1st set.

Last edited:

Dew Spinner

possibly. Gimme a list of buildings and I'll show you what's possible
I'm thinking you can jut the "rock" building in your diagram out 1 square, hook the main piece to that and put the plaza, that isn't real necessary, to make the 3rd. But viewing these things in my head is not my specialty.

Deleted User - 1178646

I won't know for sure until I have the pieces and can play around with them.
You should start to predict what you like to reach and base it on that prediction, you should also rank each part of the setbuilding for it's value.

I'm thinking, could be wrong, that I could get 3 connects for the 2nd set from the 1st set.
You should not think in a set format, but a loose puzzle. just ignore there is a set, just look at individual pieces and then figure out your set how to maximise what you want to get in the most limited space.

Example:
1623765471478.png

The original set looks like this:
1623766136235.png

To make all the connections work it looked as horrible as this:
1623766499003.png

But nobody forces you to build a set in this awefull format if you can aquire multiple pieces.
When this set was introduced many years ago I looked at what I wanted from this set.
  • My harvest set already produced hundreds of thousands of T1 so the market stall had little value, but was not bad.
  • Winter fair was a very good building for T2
  • Elvenade booth had no use for me whatsoever
  • Sled carousel gave a good amount of T3
  • Forst Carved Cristmas tree had no use for me as I already had unlimited mana with both an insane amount of spells and a fully upgraded dragon abbey. so I could maka mana on demand as much as I needed.

So market stalls and sled carousell was what I wanted, anything else was only to serve those 2 buildings. preferred was the market stall but if that did not work out so be it.
So thats what we started to work with
1623765797096.png

This turned out to be the best layout for that set for my specific needs
green are the winter fairs, yellow the sled carrousels, and red was the elvenade booth. which was the only building that had the correct dimensions to neatly fit into the set without crazy angles and empty voids.

I ended up with this in my city as you could mirror this design as much as you want
1623765936723.png

This is also the reason why sets can be a very bad idea from a design perspective. each set has strong and weak parts, as long as you only have 1 piece of each set. it balances eachother out. the weak parts are needed to make the strong parts work. but when you get multiple pieces of a set you can find ways to build a set that maximised the strong parts and minimises or sometimes fully elinimate the weak parts.

This is why sets as harvest, winter and spire set can be so overpowered

At these times some of the part where daily prizes so I had to predict and react on what I could possibly get in the future to properly target my dailies.
Whith this set there are no dailies but you might still want to predict your target and which pieces it will reward because you can get multiple parts and it might dictate if you spend a few diamonds more or less to aquire it.
This also creates a different result as which buildings you will own and how it will create a unique set of your own.

For example are you targetting 2 sets +1 piece from the grand prizes or 2 sets -1 piece. what do you need for your unique set?

Last edited by a moderator: