• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Optimal layout for multipe Pilgram's Manor Sets

Starr621

I'm also seriously considering getting a second set too. Having 2 Pilgrim's Manors will be a significant boost for those who can't produce CCs 24/7 at the magic academy.

Dew Spinner

You should start to predict what you like to reach and base it on that prediction, you should also rank each part of the setbuilding for it's value.

You should not think in a set format, but a loose puzzle. just ignore there is a set, just look at individual pieces and then figure out your set how to maximise what you want to get in the most limited space.

Example:
View attachment 10029

The original set looks like this:
View attachment 10033
To make all the connections work it looked as horrible as this:
View attachment 10034
But nobody forces you to build a set in this awefull format if you can aquire multiple pieces.
When this set was introduced many years ago I looked at what I wanted from this set.
  • My harvest set already produced hundreds of thousands of T1 so the market stall had little value, but was not bad.
  • Winter fair was a very good building for T2
  • Elvenade booth had no use for me whatsoever
  • Sled carousel gave a good amount of T3
  • Forst Carved Cristmas tree had no use for me as I already had unlimited mana with both an insane amount of spells and a fully upgraded dragon abbey. so I could maka mana on demand as much as I needed.

So market stalls and sled carousell was what I wanted, anything else was only to serve those 2 buildings. preferred was the market stall but if that did not work out so be it.
So thats what we started to work with
View attachment 10030
This turned out to be the best layout for that set for my specific needs
green are the winter fairs, yellow the sled carrousels, and red was the elvenade booth. which was the only building that had the correct dimensions to neatly fit into the set without crazy angles and empty voids.

I ended up with this in my city as you could mirror this design as much as you want
View attachment 10031

This is also the reason why sets can be a very bad idea from a design perspective. each set has strong and weak parts, as long as you only have 1 piece of each set. it balances eachother out. the weak parts are needed to make the strong parts work. but when you get multiple pieces of a set you can find ways to build a set that maximised the strong parts and minimises or sometimes fully elinimate the weak parts.

This is why sets as harvest, winter and spire set can be so overpowered

At these times some of the part where daily prizes so I had to predict and react on what I could possibly get in the future to properly target my dailies.
Whith this set there are no dailies but you might still want to predict your target and which pieces it will reward because you can get multiple parts and it might dictate if you spend a few diamonds more or less to aquire it.
This also creates a different result as which buildings you will own and how it will create a unique set of your own.

For example are you targetting 2 sets +1 piece from the grand prizes or 2 sets -1 piece. what do you need for your unique set?
Thanks, that was really insightful and helped me gel up my thinking a lot! I was thinking along those lines, I think the gates are pretty useless and would like to not use them or the very minimum of them, if possible.

Last edited:

StarLoad

@ed1960
@Starr621
Just remember that if you stay in silver league or lower until the last 59 minutes of the event and then spend $/:diamond: it will be much cheaper to get gold.
That could work but if gold is at 200 for example and silver is 125. Then everyone from 80 to 180 starts trying to climb at the same time to get into gold then I don't see the advantage, as the target for gold would increase as more and more climb up. Or if as I have read it will lock in place at 200 then that makes no sense as then there will be more, possibly a lot more, getting the gold prize than that was intended and create other long-term problems of even more restrictive paths to get gold?

Dew Spinner

That could work but if gold is at 200 for example and silver is 125. Then everyone from 80 to 180 starts trying to climb at the same time to get into gold then I don't see the advantage, as the target for gold would increase as more and more climb up. Or if as I have read it will lock in place at 200 then that makes no sense as then there will be more, possibly a lot more, getting the gold prize than that was intended and create other long-term problems of even more restrictive paths to get gold?
The points for Gold would lock at 200 but anyone in the last hour getting 201 points would be locked in for gold, no more bouncing back and forth between leagues.

StarLoad

The points for Gold would lock at 200 but anyone in the last hour getting 201 points would be locked in for gold, no more bouncing back and forth between leagues.
that sounds like a recipe for disaster for INNO and once the Live servers abuse this, as they will, it will cause just harder events and less valuable prizes, IMO, as a result.

Yes, I know this is their design and it is their fault if it doesn't work as they expect, but when players knowingly exploit this type of flaw the normal outcome is to blame the greedy players and punish them in future events. I have seen this for over 30 years of gameplay.

Dew Spinner

that sounds like a recipe for disaster for INNO and once the Live servers abuse this, as they will, it will cause just harder events and less valuable prizes, IMO, as a result.

Yes, I know this is their design and it is their fault if it doesn't work as they expect, but when players knowingly exploit this type of flaw the normal outcome is to blame the greedy players and punish them in future events. I have seen this for over 30 years of gameplay.
Inno was fully aware that this would be exploited, unless they have not been paying attention to every single other game exploit that players comment on here about. What were they thinking was going to happen? Maybe they should employ a few good gamers to tell them when they are doing this and how it would be exploited. You would think the Fire Phoenix and Brown Bear fiascoes would have taught them a thing or two! Besides they did the last hour lockdown to make money, so let them make money!!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The thing to remember is that it will take way more staffs to complete two sets than will ever be needed to finish in Gold. So money and diamonds will be spent by anyone wanting two sets, or the max of three complete sets, and they will all finish in Silver or Gold. Those players not doing all their spending until the final hour actually benefits anyone just wanting to finish in Silver or Gold because the staff requirement will be way lower than it potentially could be. Random example: 10k active players is only 100 Gold players without the final hour pushing. If those top 100 players all go for at least two sets, and they do that before the final hour, you will have a minimum for Gold of close to 600 staffs. If those same players wait until the final hour, the Gold requirement would be much lower and more than the top 1% would be able to sneak in at the end and get it. Of course, if you all you are worried about is two sets, you only need Silver to get the final piece of the second set, so Gold getting pushed even higher than that by people wanting three sets would not matter.

TLDR: Ignore Gold League if your goal is two complete sets. And yes, the final daily prize is crap, but if two sets are that important, ignore it and wait til the last hour, so other players can slip into Silver or Gold with you.

Starr621

The thing to remember is that it will take way more staffs to complete two sets than will ever be needed to finish in Gold. So money and diamonds will be spent by anyone wanting two sets, or the max of three complete sets, and they will all finish in Silver or Gold. Those players not doing all their spending until the final hour actually benefits anyone just wanting to finish in Silver or Gold because the staff requirement will be way lower than it potentially could be. Random example: 10k active players is only 100 Gold players without the final hour pushing. If those top 100 players all go for at least two sets, and they do that before the final hour, you will have a minimum for Gold of close to 600 staffs. If those same players wait until the final hour, the Gold requirement would be much lower and more than the top 1% would be able to sneak in at the end and get it. Of course, if you all you are worried about is two sets, you only need Silver to get the final piece of the second set, so Gold getting pushed even higher than that by people wanting three sets would not matter.

TLDR: Ignore Gold League if your goal is two complete sets. And yes, the final daily prize is crap, but if two sets are that important, ignore it and wait til the last hour, so other players can slip into Silver or Gold with you.

After the Pilgrim's forge, what is the next grand prize? I assumed it would go back to the Pilgrim's Stone Mason or is there a Pilgrim's Manor in between? I know with evolving buildings generally the building itself is next at the end of the grand prize list but I wasn't sure about set pieces.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
After the Pilgrim's forge, what is the next grand prize? I assumed it would go back to the Pilgrim's Stone Mason or is there a Pilgrim's Manor in between? I know with evolving buildings generally the building itself is next at the end of the grand prize list but I wasn't sure about set pieces.

Looking at the list posted to Beta, this is the order for all three sets:

Set 1:

Stone Mason
Tree Entrance
Woodworks
Plaza
Forge

13 grand prizes and Fountain Entrance and Manor from milestone prizes

Set 2:

Stone Mason
Tree Entrance
Woodworks
Forge
Fountain Entrance
Manor

16 more grand prizes and Plaza from Silver League or Gold League reward

Set 3:

Stone Mason
Tree Entrance
Woodworks
Plaza
Forge
Fountain Entrance

13 more grand prizes and Manor from Gold League rewards

840 total staffs and Gold League finish for three complete sets

Dew Spinner

Looking at the list posted to Beta, this is the order for all three sets:

Set 1:

Stone Mason
Tree Entrance
Woodworks
Plaza
Forge

13 grand prizes and Fountain Entrance and Manor from milestone prizes

Set 2:

Stone Mason
Tree Entrance
Woodworks
Forge
Fountain Entrance
Manor

16 more grand prizes and Plaza from Silver League or Gold League reward

Set 3:

Stone Mason
Tree Entrance
Woodworks
Plaza
Forge
Fountain Entrance

13 more grand prizes and Manor from Gold League rewards

840 total staffs and Gold League finish for three complete sets
Atleast we have a target number now, 840, LOL!

Starr621

Hmmm...now I'm having second thoughts going for a second set. Most of the time there's nothing worth crafting in the academy (too many garbage recipes) and more often than not I get the least desirable prize from the mystery chest so don't really care too much about those.

The extra CCs and relics are nice but unless the MA gets a revamp in recipes I think I might be good where I am now.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence

Gold will only have ~70 players in it 61 minutes before the end of the event.
Maybe 10-15 more per server will jump in during the final hour, it's not a big deal, and this possibility was expressly mentioned in the very first announcement.
Sso inno isn't being tricked and since it is a fully intended mechanic working exactly as they expected it to it doesn't fall under the "exploit" category.

It's a trade-off for players: Ignore virtually all daily prizes in order to see the final cost to get into the higher leagues.

StarLoad

Well as of now it is
+143 and +206 for silver and gold on Arendyll
+151 and +217 for silver and gold on Elcy
+147 and +205 for silver and gold on Khel
With 13.5 days left

Not sure on any other servers but do you expect that the numbers will double?

I see the real issue will be the time that the event ends -61minutes will be midnite west coast and 3 am East coast but 10 am in Germany so the possible numbers that will shift might be more on the servers that end from London eastwards.

Iyapo1

Not sure on any other servers but do you expect that the numbers will double
Yes. I expect that number to more than double. Based on no more than my available diamond supply and how much I want more than one set.

SoggyShorts

do you expect that the numbers will double?
TL;DR: Yes.

Everyone who completes all of the quests should get about 240, so at least 10% over that should be the bar for Bronze since the lucky free players set that number.
Silver was 320 and Gold was 366 on Beta and I suspect that although we will get ~10% less currency free here, Live spenders are going to drop significantly more making the level of entry 350 & 390 ± 20

Pre-post editing: I've changed my guess above 5x before adding that ± 20, and I think I'm low-balling it. I just don't know the mind of Live spenders. Beta players are by definition a little nerdier than most and so I think a higher % waited until the last 59m there. On Live, I have a feeling that many more spenders just DGAF and will set the bar much higher.

Dew Spinner

TL;DR: Yes.

Everyone who completes all of the quests should get about 240, so at least 10% over that should be the bar for Bronze since the lucky free players set that number.
Silver was 320 and Gold was 366 on Beta and I suspect that although we will get ~10% less currency free here, Live spenders are going to drop significantly more making the level of entry 350 & 390 ± 20

Pre-post editing: I've changed my guess above 5x before adding that ± 20, and I think I'm low-balling it. I just don't know the mind of Live spenders. Beta players are by definition a little nerdier than most and so I think a higher % waited until the last 59m there. On Live, I have a feeling that many more spenders just DGAF and will set the bar much higher.
It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out right now Sinya Gold is 213, I know there is still a lot of time yet to go! What are the other worlds at right now?

SoggyShorts

It will be very interesting to see how it all plays out right now Sinya Gold is 213, I know there is still a lot of time yet to go! What are the other worlds at right now?
US 2 208
US 4 207
13d 7h to go

Maybe a spike today as there is a kinda good prize

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

It may be hard to compare to the final numbers from Beta, but there Bronze was 285, Silver was 320, and Gold was 366. Beta has a smaller number of active players and fewer spenders, but we got more sorcerer's knowledge to use there to counter that some and push up the numbers. Bronze will probably end lower than that because of the lower amount of currency, but I would not be surprised at all to see Silver and Gold a good amount higher on at least some servers, because of the spenders who will want that second set, no matter what. And I bet a lot of them never come to the forums and do not know about that final hour freeze on the minimums changing.

And as for Arendyll, at this hour, Gold is still only 212 and Silver is 147. But like Soggy said, today's daily prize gives sentient goods to players in chapter 12+, so there may be a jump in minimums tonight, if a lot of those players think it is worth going for.