• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Optimal Level for a Spire/Diamonds city?

DeepTerminal

I have a secondary city (Human) at chapter 4. I'm wondering what is the optimal level (especially considering the upcoming tourney update) for farming spire/diamonds with it.

Now that Wishing Wells are no longer appearing in events, it looks like the only way to earn diamonds without paying is through the spire.

If I want to have that city dedicated to clearing the spire every week, what are some of the best practices? Which chapter is the best? What wonders should I build?

Thanks!

DeletedUser25004

chapter 3 is imo the best exploit level for diamonds, with little support from a fellowhip you can make the 50 diamonds every week and you shouldnt build any wonders they make the spire harder and you dont want that. i have 3 chapter 3 cities i use when i need a little extra diamonds

DeepTerminal

chapter 3 is imo the best exploit level for diamonds, with little support from a fellowhip you can make the 50 diamonds every week and you shouldnt build any wonders they make the spire harder and you dont want that. i have 3 chapter 3 cities i use when i need a little extra diamonds

do you fight or cater? it looks like even in chapter 4, they are not asking me for T3 goods.

also what is your configuration? how many T1/T2 manufactories do you have?

DeletedUser25004

I fight most of first level and then cater the gate encounters. i have 2-4 t1 factories, my cities are in arendyll khelonaar and felyndral. if you want to look them up for inspiration.

I use most of my population for armories and the barraks though. also because im in a group that helps alot with goods

Deleted User - 3932582

In chapter 4 you won't be fighting much of the Spire, it is just not going to work. You can do the whole Spire negotiating, but doing this every week will likely require injection of goods from bigger cities. You can watch my chapter 4 Spire catering tutorial to get an idea of how much you may need to dump every week, and whether or not you can sustain that. Doing only couple of levels is probably sustainable even without external help.

kctanzen

Lower chapter cities have such small catering costs in comparison to what large production cities can generate that it boggles the mind of new players that don't see those big production numbers or inventory levels. A quality fellowship is going to help / co-operate to get the group rewards for everybody since that helps everybody grow and generally have more fun :)

BrinDarby

MinMax's CH4 Spire Video on catering is a good one..... I'd say CH3/4 is the sweet spot....
Im ch3, no AWs, and finished Spire 2 weeks in a row, cater only... I will never say its cheap tho.
My daily production pays for 5-6 caters, if that helps... I make 8k/day total T1/T2 goods....

If a FS looks @ this from a cost/benefit analysis, a CH3/4 player might cost 80k in resources
to finish the spire, cater only, while a CH10 player might burn thru that in 2 caters or less..
Just like every bldg has a cost/tile or benefit/tile ... so does the Spire, for a FS, have a cost/essence pt.
It may be more beneficial to get all members to end of lvl-1 to increase essence for the FS, get them
free diamonds, then the maniac players in that FS can jam thru and in the end get far more FS rewards.

Lets face it lvl-3 is more expensive on average, than lvl-1 is... so essence points are cheaper on average lvl-1.
If older players can fight more and younger players cater more, an older player can pay (1) 3 hr production
and fund a younger player thru lvl-1... this is just as much helpfull for the older player as it is for the younger
player, and creates a symbiotic relationship for both..... thats not pushing goods, or taking bad trades, what it
is...... is a FS maximizing total FS production and expertice, to get all members more Stuff .....
BrinD

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Just be careful what you wish for. One of these days, Inno will get tired of people making towns just to generate diamonds for the main city to use and end the sharing of diamonds between cities on the same account. Or they may give us two diamond pools, one for bought diamonds that can be used in any of the cities on an account, and one for free diamonds that can only be used in the city that earned them. I have seen/played other games with a split tier like this for premium currency, where one premium type is earned in-game and the other type is only from spending money or maybe from very special events.

BrinDarby

I only play 1 server, so 1 city... and yes I have played those 2 tier systems.
I think "farming" diamonds on 1 server then using them on another server
is the same as having 2 accts on the same server for the same purpouse....
Funding 1 acct with another, that should be forbidden.....

DeletedUser25004

@Enevhar Aldarion thats a fair point, and i expect them to act on us diamondfarmers, but for me games are all about finding ways to exploit the rules to my advantage, then they might change the game and well then i can try to find exploits in the new rules.

They did crack down on wishing wells but gave us the spire and genies. we players just gotta adapt.

DeletedUser23049

I have a secondary city (Human) at chapter 4. I'm wondering what is the optimal level (especially considering the upcoming tourney update) for farming spire/diamonds with it.

Now that Wishing Wells are no longer appearing in events, it looks like the only way to earn diamonds without paying is through the spire.

If I want to have that city dedicated to clearing the spire every week, what are some of the best practices? Which chapter is the best? What wonders should I build?

Thanks!
I could not begin to tell you how many Diamonds I've won from the Genie you can win in the spire.

DeepTerminal

After using the city planner, I realized that I need 2 more province expansions to get enough space. Once I get those and upgrade all my residences to level 15, I will delete my T3 manufactories and upgrade my T1 to level 15, T2 to level 9, and workshops to level 15.

I also need to craft lots of cultural buildings (lava codex & crystal unicorn) to sustain the culture. Once all that's complete I should be able to have 4 T1s and 6 T2s. These can be further increased the more magic residence I get.

I've been looking at chapter 3's research tree, and wondering - Ideally, what's the best place to stop the research in ch 3? Is it right after you unlock advanced T2 manufactories? Or should I also unlock the T3 manufactories and their production boost?

Without unlocking T3, it's impossible to upgrade the residences past level 10.

The only way around it is to slowly accumulate enough ch. 3 magic residences, which is gonna take a long time....

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer

The only way around it is to slowly accumulate enough ch. 3 magic residences, which is gonna take a long time....
There is also cross-tier trading. With the new system exchanging 1.5 T2 for 1 T3 is a lot more reasonable than the old exchange 4 T2 for 1 T3.

BrinDarby

I've been looking at chapter 3's research tree, and wondering - Ideally, what's the best place to stop the research in ch 3? Is it right after you unlock advanced T2 manufactories? Or should I also unlock the T3 manufactories and their production boost?

I have been wondering the same thing, as a few ppl have said, even into ch4, spire only takes t1/t2 goods ( I hope ) so I'll debate forcing myself to take the last SS upgrade and expansion... my biggest worry is future Mag Residences, there's such a differece between CH3 and CH4, its almost double, and the cost to upgrade sux so being that close to next CH and knowing bldgs are frozen in the CH ur in when you get them, I will have to see in general if that next CH will help me enough compared to current one in terms of my bldgs.

Some , 1 xtra ch is negligable, some that 1 ch makes a huge difference.... I'm not so concerned with blasting thru chapters right now. I want to learn manual fighting better , in tourn, while its still managable, Troops wise.... In terms of the next event, I will have to see of those bldgs, which benefit the most from CH4 vs CH3. I'm not currently fighting the culture war , due to my AirTraders pieces. Without expansions right now I seem to not have room for T3 production, so thats an issue, but if the spire doesnt need it, then it can wait I guess.....
BrinD

DeepTerminal

my biggest worry is future Mag Residences, there's such a differece between CH3 and CH4, its almost double

Now that I think about this, Ch 4 might be more ideal than Ch 3. Although the pop/tile for magic residences don't increase that much, their size increases, which results in more than double the population for each one you get. Plus, at the beginning of Ch 4 you get superior residences which allows you to upgrade all residences to level 15. This will allow you to produce way more goods, which more than makes up the increase of catering costs due to a few more researches and expansions imo.

DeletedUser25004

I dont know for a fact that ch 3 is the best, but i just make it work easy there so i dont want to spoil it by advancing. but if you find ch 4 better then maybe it is and you can let me know later ;) i did all research in ch 3 except the voluntary ss upgrades

Jikuyin

I earned a mana plant and gum tree in my first spire, and used those T3 goods (with some trading) to upgrade my residences. Still have no T3 production other than spire buildings.