• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Optional "Trees and Lampions" technology is MANDATORY for questline

edeba

I was just looking at how I lost the game questline to a totally unreasonable ability to get it back.

The Trees and Lampions technology is optional, but you must build a cocoon lampions building. I didn't need or want one of these and I wanted to do other research so I let the questline sit until I was doing all of the building up for the orcs when I then caught up on optional technology to find and irrecoverable loss of the questline without essentially repeating the chapter.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
You might be able to get support to help you out if you put in a ticket. Not sure but worth a try.

DeletedUser6335

Yikes..that's sad. You'd think they'd have some way of letting you know things you apparently "need" to know (stuff not to build til a certain point or stuff not to get rid of til a certain point that cause quests to end/lock). Doing a Chapter one time can seem more than enough, given all that goes into them (and I'm only on the 4th Chapter - or tail end of 3rd, in some worlds). I can only imagine the time/work that goes into the later "Guest" Chapters.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I put in a ticket and they said no way but to go back, which is almost repeating the whole chapter...
Well I'm not sure that's not strictly true. When there was a bug that didn't count something towards completing a quest (I think it was upgrade a building in snow flurry) the nice folks at support were able to wave a magic wand and complete the quest for me. So I think they could complete your quests for you, but they'd need to complete a lot of them, giving you many quest rewards in the process.

DeletedUser4671

We cannot progress players through the story quests without them completing the requirements. We always urge the players to keep all guest race buildings until they are completely done with the guest race specific quests in order to prevent this issue from occurring.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
ouch. well there ya have it. If it was me, I'd consider taking a week and going back. You could be the first player to have 3 active portals!

edeba

There is nothing in the game to suggest this. Getting it right shouldn't be dependent on checking the forum. I was halfway through the Orcs before I went back and did the optional quest and then everything was messed up. Never would have happened if there wasn't an quest for an optional technology in the quest line.

We cannot progress players through the story quests without them completing the requirements. We always urge the players to keep all guest race buildings until they are completely done with the guest race specific quests in order to prevent this issue from occurring.

DeletedUser8689

I have the same problem. I am already in the Orc Chapter, but then I suddenly got a quest to build a Dwarf portal. Apparently I sold the Dwarven portal before getting a quest to do so. Now the story line is mixed up and it seems I will have to redo the Dwarven and Fairy (and quite possibly Orc) chapters in order to get back on the story line. I filed a support ticket, asking how was I supposed to know that there would be a quest to sell the portal, but their response was along the line of "Players in the guest races generally know this fact" and "Contact support before selling anything". I find it totally ridiculous and frustrating that the system cannot recognize that I have already had a Dwarven portal.
I went ahead and built the Dwarven portal, so now I have three portals (I was waiting to sell the Fairy portal and I have already built the Orc portal). Of course I won't be able to see how much granite and copper I have, if I get quests to produce X amount of the stuff (or all the Fairy stuff). No Idea what will happen.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
If you open (or hover the mouse over) each portal, it will tell you what guest race goods you have for that race.
I think they should make all previous chapter quests change to declinable at the start of a new chapter, that way if we messed up we would loose the rewards, but could still continue the quests. The quests are suppose to be there to help players to know what to do next, not make us redo things we already did. Sorry you guys have to redo quests from previous chapters, I think this is a really bad game design flaw.

Last edited: