• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Orc question - when to stop producing them

I'm just about ready to enter level 12 (probably later today) and I am still producing a lot of Orcs even though I rarely get asked to use them. As of today, I have 2,111,276 orcs saved up. This seems like a lot. From my research on the forum it appears I may need Orcs to transition into new levels toward the end of the game. My question is do I have enough Orcs saved up now so I can delete all the Orc Nests and other Orc producing items? Or do I keep stockpiling them?

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Never? As you progress through the game you will need Orcs for many things. It is possible to get them from Event and Evolving buildings and then you don't have to use resources to "make" them in your armories.

Alram

Flippers just flip
You have a lot of orcses! I'm jealous! I would delete them but craft more in your new chapter and put them out in your guest race space after those buildings are done. I'm sitting at the end of ch11 making orcs too but I only have a million so far. :)

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I had 2.5 million at your point. Then I went down to 400,000 or less in the next few chapters and had to put in a bunch of orc nests. So, 2 million is probably a good place to be but not enough in itself. I have just over 1 million now and am slowly raising it. My "minimum" is 2 million. I'm in chapter 19 though, so maybe a few less as a minimum at lower chapters?

AJ

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
I'm in chapter 15 and a lot of the upgrades require TONS of orcs! I'm actually waiting on more orcs to upgrade stuff right now and never stopped producing them this entire time.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Keep making them. They don't decay, and you will need more to upgrade buildings and build settlement buildings, and even produce settlement resources, and also cater in tournament and spire.

Kadhrin

My question is do I have enough Orcs saved up now so I can delete all the Orc Nests and other Orc producing items? Or do I keep stockpiling them?

When you go up a chapter, you can craft new orc nests to replace the old ones.
Also: If you fight in the Spire or tourney, some of the troop types require orcs.
Also 2: The Pyramid of Purification is a fun thing. It gives you sentient goods for every orc you produce in the armories, the orc nests, etc.

(I'm not sure it's possible to have too many orcs.)

ajqtrz

@Astram There is a point where 2 million orcs might be enough. That point is where you run out of orcs and are okay with not progressing any further. And that's "absolutely true." But if, at that point,cost of not having more orcs is a halt to any progress in the game, you may find 2 million orcs is not enough. In other words, most "absolute' statements of this type are conditional. So, the absolute statement would be "2 million orcs is enough if ...." completed by the conditions under which 2 million orcs would be enough. Often the poster fails not in the absolute statement, but in describing the conditions by which the statement would be absolutely true.

Just a thought.

AJ

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I'm just about ready to enter level 12 (probably later today) and I am still producing a lot of Orcs even though I rarely get asked to use them. As of today, I have 2,111,276 orcs saved up. This seems like a lot. From my research on the forum it appears I may need Orcs to transition into new levels toward the end of the game. My question is do I have enough Orcs saved up now so I can delete all the Orc Nests and other Orc producing items? Or do I keep stockpiling them?
You will always need orcs. Do you have either the Witch Hut or Echoes of the Forgotten? And artifacts to evolve them? Either of these buildings is a much better producer of orcs than Orc Nests once you evolve them.

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Astram There is a point where 2 million orcs might be enough. That point is where you run out of orcs and are okay with not progressing any further. And that's "absolutely true." But if, at that point,cost of not having more orcs is a halt to any progress in the game, you may find 2 million orcs is not enough. In other words, most "absolute' statements of this type are conditional. So, the absolute statement would be "2 million orcs is enough if ...." completed by the conditions under which 2 million orcs would be enough. Often the poster fails not in the absolute statement, but in describing the conditions by which the statement would be absolutely true.

Just a thought.

AJ
AJ, you are correct in a strict definition sense that there is a point when you have enough or that conditions exist that you do not need to make more. However, The few players that will meet these conditions already know this and would not be in the forums to ask and verify this. As such, I gave the answer that would fit the vast majority of cases, Never?. Now I could have said another word, but I did not want to come across as trying to tell players how to play but guide them in thinking about their future needs.

Note to all readers I answered this before I finished my morning coffee

ajqtrz

AJ, you are correct in a strict definition sense that there is a point when you have enough or that conditions exist that you do not need to make more. However, The few players that will meet these conditions already know this and would not be in the forums to ask and verify this. As such, I gave the answer that would fit the vast majority of cases, Never?. Now I could have said another word, but I did not want to come across as trying to tell players how to play but guide them in thinking about their future needs.

Note to all readers I answered this before I finished my morning coffee
Sometimes it's just fun to quibble. And that's what I was doing. You were right and your answer was right...except when I want to quibble. LOL!

AJ

You will always need orcs. Do you have either the Witch Hut or Echoes of the Forgotten? And artifacts to evolve them? Either of these buildings is a much better producer of orcs than Orc Nests once you evolve them.
Wow, Henroo I did not know this. I have a row of nests that are steady producers but if I can reclaim that land then that makes sense! Thanks!!