• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Orc Strategist Question

DeletedUser19925

I have the ability to craft a Grounds of Orc Strategist, but I have not discovered the Knowledge level yet. If I build it will it allow me to use it or will it say that I cant yet. I do not wont to create it and then just have it set.

Thanks

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
You will be able to collect the troops and use them in battle regardless of where you are in the research tree. Same goes for the Vallorian Valor and those troops. When you collect them, the Orc Strategists will show up in the Training Camp tab and Vallorian Guards show up in the Mercenary Camp tab.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I always liked having the strategist and valorian around.
if you collect regularly and then ignore the troops you'd be surprised how they build up.
and when i used them i always felt like they were "free"
because i had invested no supplies into making them

be aware
they are chapter locked
although the troops do not become obsolete
the number of troops you collect stays at the original level and you may be able to double or triple your output by replacing them later

DeletedUser19598

Question for tournament players, how many orc strategist grounds do they have or do they think it's good to have? I'm building my second ground...

Alpha Lyrae

be aware
they are chapter locked
although the troops do not become obsolete
the number of troops you collect stays at the original level and you may be able to double or triple your output by replacing them later

How so? I can upgrade mine with Royal Restorations.

Orc Strategist.png

NightshadeCS

Hmmm...did we have Royal Restorations in January? I'm getting old. But, yes, now they can be upgraded. Yippee!!

@Krarak Grounds of the Orc Strategist are very handy, but like any other building, it will depend on your play style and what else you have to fit in. I have had 2 or 3 out at once, tournament heavy-weights probably have had more than that at a time. I now have 0, since my troops are well stockpiled and I could better use the space for other things. Also, mine were outdated and I nuked them before the RR spell came into being. :oops::oops:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Also, mine were outdated and I nuked them before the RR spell came into being. :oops::oops:
I wouldn't sweat it. I think for the most part, it's a better use of resources to craft new GotOS than to upgrade them for 8 RR.

Question for tournament players, how many orc strategist grounds do they have or do they think it's good to have? I'm building my second ground...
I have four. They get a bump later on, and even though they are not as strong as some of the other troops, they have strikeback3. Since I'm running a High-level Martial Monastery (giving all troops 24% extra hit points), they have remained relevant for encounters that have lots of light ranged. And if you drop a couple of Unleashed Unit upgrades, they are terrific.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
As an elf I try to keep 2 GoToS in my city. Have 3 in my Amuni city right now, but that's because I was crafting more (that's how I upgrade them and I do it about every other chapter) and am just starting to build guest race stuff, so the lower level one will go soon. It costs orcs to train them in your training camp as well as supplies, so you do save on resources as well as having training slots for other troops. I think Humans would want more of them since elves have the Golem and the Human mortars are weak.
Has anyone got these recently, or did they quietly take them out of rotation with Phoenixes etc?
Crafted one in my Orc city overnight and collected it this morning.

Deleted User - 3932582

I saw one a couple of days ago, but did not craft it. I have seen and crafted the mage one two days in a row. And the light ranged one was in the same batch of five as one of those last night.
Sounds like I've had a terrible luck with this then. I don't think I missed any MA rolls - there was not a single military booster building in the last 4 weeks...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Sounds like I've had a terrible luck with this then. I don't think I missed any MA rolls - there was not a single military booster building in the last 4 weeks...

Yeah, RNG can be very swingy and annoying when the one or two things you want refuse to show up. And just to show how crazy it can be, my current five crating choices include yet another mage and light ranged buildings. It is like the game knows I do not craft them very often and is filling my slots with them, yet I almost never see the two orc-related buildings in crafting. Nor the portal profits, which is what I look for first every time.

Deleted User - 3932582

I'm in the same boat. If it wasn't for a level 10 phoenix, I'd be pretty pissed. And then when a military building does show up, its another ELR...
I am pretty pissed even with L10 Fire Phoenix. I like FP, but it has its limitations. Basically, it is awesome in tournaments where you use ranged units (like upcoming steel) - but these were relatively easy anyway. But then there are scrolls and dust tournaments where your light melee faces ranged opposition, and they hit you - hard. Regardless of your damage boost. There is just no substitute for Unleashed Unit Upgrade (well, except leveling your monastery sky high...)

I was keeping up to 5 or 6 UUU in the inventory, and thought I should be good with those buildings expected to pop up once a week on average. Well, last week I used my last UUU...

DeletedUser9601

I am pretty pissed even with L10 Fire Phoenix. I like FP, but it has its limitations. Basically, it is awesome in tournaments where you use ranged units (like upcoming steel) - but these were relatively easy anyway. But then there are scrolls and dust tournaments where your light melee faces ranged opposition, and they hit you - hard. Regardless of your damage boost. There is just no substitute for Unleashed Unit Upgrade (well, except leveling your monastery sky high...)

I was keeping up to 5 or 6 UUU in the inventory, and thought I should be good with those buildings expected to pop up once a week on average. Well, last week I used my last UUU...
Oh 100% agreed. I just mean that if Fire didn't show up, it would be a real problem...
Its a little bit silly, tbh. Crafting had such great potential. But every time I open my recipes and see 2 recipes to craft relics (seriously, what scrub is making those), a recipe for RRs when I don't have a blueprint, and a broken shard recipe when I have 10 broken shards, I just get so frustrated. And I know there's some whale out there who sees the same recipe list, hits the 75-diamond refresh button, and gets what they want (and Inno gets what it wants)...

Deleted User - 3932582

Oh 100% agreed. I just mean that if Fire didn't show up, it would be a real problem...
Its a little bit silly, tbh. Crafting had such great potential. But every time I open my recipes and see 2 recipes to craft relics (seriously, what scrub is making those), a recipe for RRs when I don't have a blueprint, and a broken shard recipe when I have 10 broken shards, I just get so frustrated. And I know there's some whale out there who sees the same recipe list, hits the 75-diamond refresh button, and gets what they want (and Inno gets what it wants)...
If re-rolling draws gets you more of the same of what I've seen so far, these 75 diamonds would be a colossal waste - even more so than warping the last 10 seconds of production for 3 diamonds.

I mean, if the rolls suck so bad for free, can you imagine how you'd feel if you actually paid for them?

Actually, if you paid diamonds to guarantee a certain category of recipes that would make sense (e.g. relics, military buildings, pet food etc). You still may not get exactly what you want, but at least you're rolling something meaningful. Right now, I probably won't be spending diamonds on re-rolls even if I'd be flush with them. It's just a terrible value.

P.S. Crafting relics has its uses - I did this for boosted before hitting 500, and nowadays I do this to hit relics quests if not in tournament. But I hear you ;)