• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Orc Strategists? How to use.

Bushby22

Just received a 'Grounds of the Orc Strategists' from Winter Magic. What is it and how do I use it?
I'm about to enter chapter IV and any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Bushby22 It is a 2x4 building. It will give you a decent amount of culture and will make Orc Strategists. These are the heavy range troops which you will eventually be able to make in your Training Ground. They are good troops. Even though you have not yet unlocked them in the tech tree, the Grounds of Orc Strategist building will still work for you. Grounds of Orc Strategist will also periodically appear in your Magic Academy as a crafting option.

nidoran

Building on what Henroo said,
Grounds of the Orc Strategists (gotos) is the only way (that I know of) to get Orc Strategists before Chapter 8.
You just need to place it in the city, and it will produce the units automatically every 6 hours. Similar to the residence, mechanics-wise.

I built gotos (and valorian valor) every time it is available in the magic academy, and I had 5 of them when I reached Chapter 8.
I would build new gotos and replace the old ones when I reach a new chapter, rather than using royal restorations.
Playing as Human, Orc Strategists is an excellent troop against light range units.
Barbarian is not that strong, and Mortar is very fragile.