• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Orcs and Goblins

dzed52

I've just begun the Orcs and Goblins phase . . . what do I do with the Fairy Portal Site, Night Farms, and Day Farms? Should I delete/sell to make room for Orcs and Goblins structures? Or will I still need these?

Thanks for your help!!

Sprite1313

I've just begun the Orcs and Goblins phase . . . what do I do with the Fairy Portal Site, Night Farms, and Day Farms? Should I delete/sell to make room for Orcs and Goblins structures? Or will I still need these?

Thanks for your help!!
Yes, you can sell them off to make room. In the next chapter you will get a quest to "have no more than 0 portal sites" which will give you some additional coins and supplies. Before you sell them off, though, check to make sure that there aren't any optional researches left that require those specific guest race goods. If there are, either finish them now, or make sure you have crafted enough goods to complete them later. Once you sell off the portal, you won't be able to see those goods, but they will still be there.

dzed52

Yes, you can sell them off to make room. In the next chapter you will get a quest to "have no more than 0 portal sites" which will give you some additional coins and supplies. Before you sell them off, though, check to make sure that there aren't any optional researches left that require those specific guest race goods. If there are, either finish them now, or make sure you have crafted enough goods to complete them later. Once you sell off the portal, you won't be able to see those goods, but they will still be there.

:) Thanks!

Andalen

Hello! Is that the same for the orc portal and rally points when you move to Woodelves? Thanks

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Hello! Is that the same for the orc portal and rally points when you move to Woodelves? Thanks
Yes. Once in Woodelves, you can only see orc settlement resources in their portal. Beware, though, your Woodelf advisor loathes orcs and will refuse to advance the story until you sell it.
If you really need to know, for road resources, it's possible that Support will tell you, if you write and ask them nicely (especially on a day where the developers haven't broken anything).

Gkyr

Chef
@dzed52 @Andalen
The drill is the same for all transitions:
Go to Elvengems.com, to 'guest races' and look at the quests for the guest race you will be leaving.
-find where you are in the list of quests. Are there unfinished quests with significant rewards that you will want to complete?
-complete what you want.
If the quest on your city screen does not allow you to decline the quest - Do Not Worry: as soon as you COMPLETE the first box of the next chapter (advanced Scouts), all of your previous quests will become declinable.
Be careful not to decline the quest of selling your old portal: the reward is often Diamonds.

To continue:
After you sell off all of your old guest race settlements, you will free up a lot of tiles.
Go to Elvengems.com and read about the next race: what the standard buildings are like, which ones will get larger and which ones will change orientation from longways to topwise. This is the best time for you to rearrange your city, now that you have the room. Always do this. Elvengems suggests some new layouts and Minmaxgame discusses a few chapter layouts as well.