• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Orcs in negotiations for worlds in scouting

Cathyszoo

I am at the end of hard negotiations, so all my scouting is very hard. Where do I get the orcs from? Is it in the research that I have not reached? I just got to fairies and am accumulating the ambrosia and night essence I am still levels from VIII!

I hope this makes sense! Thanks in advance

Raccon

Looks like you've over scouted a chapter or two ahead of your current chapter. Unfortunately you won't get any orc producing buildings (from events, MA or armories) unless you finished the advanced scouts in chapter 8.

Zoof

I am at the end of hard negotiations, so all my scouting is very hard. Where do I get the orcs from? Is it in the research that I have not reached? I just got to fairies and am accumulating the ambrosia and night essence I am still levels from VIII!

I hope this makes sense! Thanks in advance
Congratulations! You've slammed face-first into the oft-maligned Orc Wall where the distance from your city is 10 or higher and are now requiring stinky green men resource to proceed.

Unfortunately, you can't get orcs until you reach the orcs chapter... which is the next one over. And everything is carefully gated such that nothing in the game can provide orcs until you reach that chapter proper and upgrade them to that chapter.

Your only real options are to speedrun fairies, or (throw up a bunch of troop boost buildings and) fight it out.

---

Or, to put more shortly, what Raccon said :)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Also, completing advanced scouts research of Orc chapter will let you craft Orc Nests in MA and get you Orcs in appropriately chaptered buildings that makes orcs from events. However, to produce Orcs in your armories, you still need to unlock the Armory (Breeding Grounds) tech in the 3rd column of the tech tree. It has that tab with the orc icon on it.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Congratulations! You've slammed face-first into the oft-maligned Orc Wall where the distance from your city is 10 or higher and are now requiring stinky green men resource to proceed.

Unfortunately, you can't get orcs until you reach the orcs chapter... which is the next one over. And everything is carefully gated such that nothing in the game can provide orcs until you reach that chapter proper and upgrade them to that chapter.

Your only real options are to speedrun fairies, or (throw up a bunch of troop boost buildings and) fight it out.

---

Or, to put more shortly, what Raccon said :)

You are also taking on needless hardship in your battles by being so far ahead. Slow down a bit and you will find things easier. If you try to stay relatively close to what is required for the next chapter, you will find the way easier.

Zoof

You are also taking on needless hardship in your battles by being so far ahead. Slow down a bit and you will find things easier. If you try to stay relatively close to what is required for the next chapter, you will find the way easier.
Oops. Was too focused on answering the question to question whether or not it's a good idea at all to do so.

If the player's truly run out of provinces to scout and complete, they're basically outta luck with respect to the events that call for it, unless they speedrun the fairies or become a master tactician and figure out how2basic how to fight in a hurry.

If they're not at that point, then yeah, slowing down and building up your city could make the cost of tourney and spire more bearable. IIRC, it's the extra land/provinces that'll really throw things in a loop, so if you insist on keeping your scout eternally busy, don't deploy any land and work with what you've got and suck up the fact that the costs for actually completing those early-scouted provinces will never go down. Or give the scouts a well-deserved vacation. I've totally disregarded that advice for my own city and am paying through the nose for it. My scout hates my guts. Then again, my style of gameplay has always been of the zero-octane high-detonation variety. If it weren't for my Fellowship's great generosity, I'd have faceplanted a long time ago and stayed there 'till I matured an earth element... or something.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The best way to make sure to not overscout is to look ahead to how many provinces the next chapter needs to open. For example, I'm in Traders of Unur. If I look ahead to the next chapter, Team Spirit, I can see that I already have enough provinces scouted to enter the next chapter. Therefore, I don't need to scout anymore in this chapter, but I may check ahead further. If I look ahead two chapters, I see that I'll need to scout 38 provinces to open that chapter. So sometime within this or the next chapter, I'll want to scout those 38 provinces. But I certainly wouldn't want to open more than that. That would make my scouts too difficult.

When I first started, I realized I had overscouted when I not only had enough provinces scouted to open the next chapter, but also two more chapters after that! Oh boy! I really had to slow down. But once I did, it got much much easier.

ElfGunn

The best way to make sure to not overscout is to look ahead to how many provinces the next chapter needs to open. For example, I'm in Traders of Unur. If I look ahead to the next chapter, Team Spirit, I can see that I already have enough provinces scouted to enter the next chapter. Therefore, I don't need to scout anymore in this chapter, but I may check ahead further. If I look ahead two chapters, I see that I'll need to scout 38 provinces to open that chapter. So sometime within this or the next chapter, I'll want to scout those 38 provinces. But I certainly wouldn't want to open more than that. That would make my scouts too difficult.

When I first started, I realized I had overscouted when I not only had enough provinces scouted to open the next chapter, but also two more chapters after that! Oh boy! I really had to slow down. But once I did, it got much much easier.

The importance of not overscouting cannot be overstated. I speak from bitter experience, and now follow the same practice Darielle describes.

Iyapo1

I think the virtues of overscouting often outweigh the drawbacks, as long as you avoid the traps.
Early chapters(1-5ish) DO NOT SCOUT AHEAD BY MORE THAN 1 PROVINCE. Meaning do not have more than 2 open uncleared provinces at any time. Best practice is to stay close to the number you need to open the next chapter....it will leave you extra wiggle room for events.

Chapters 5ish-7 Stay off the orc wall until you are almost in chapter 8. The Orc wall is in ring 11 or 222 provinces away.

Everybody else....scout to your hearts content or not. There are benifits. Seed production and Dragon Abbey mana production are what I am looking at...I am very happily over scouted.
But it does get more expensive and the scouting times get ridiculous sooner if you clear more provinces than required.

DeletedUser27062

I think the virtues of overscouting often outweigh the drawbacks, as long as you avoid the traps.
Early chapters(1-5ish) DO NOT SCOUT AHEAD BY MORE THAN 1 PROVINCE. Meaning do not have more than 2 open uncleared provinces at any time. Best practice is to stay close to the number you need to open the next chapter....it will leave you extra wiggle room for events.

Chapters 5ish-7 Stay off the orc wall until you are almost in chapter 8. The Orc wall is in ring 11 or 222 provinces away.

Everybody else....scout to your hearts content or not. There are benifits. Seed production and Dragon Abbey mana production are what I am looking at...I am very happily over scouted.
But it does get more expensive and the scouting times get ridiculous sooner if you clear more provinces than required.
I have to agree. I'm not one for plodding along, follow the rules, behave, be quiet yadda yadda. I mess up and get myself in pickles but it can be fun working around them and there's def benefits. I got my full production boost early so started dwarves with 600k of each good and my 2 main beta cities (one in fairies the other orcs) both have maxed MM & Needles. I wouldn't change a thing tbh

Raccon

Like Darielle said; https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....ions-for-worlds-in-scouting.30141/post-253688
I stopped scouting two provinces before the total # of needed provinces for the next chapter:
Screenshot_20220502-153806_Elvenar.jpg

Therefore, my scouted provinces remained at 'very easy' level:
Screenshot_20220502-154051_Elvenar.jpg

Flashfyre

I scout within the farthest ring, never going outside it until it's complete, and I only scout a few provinces at a time, keeping no more than 6 ready for completion. This is where I am now, partway through Chap 12:
Screenshot 2022-05-02 18.23.35.png
Screenshot 2022-05-02 18.28.58.png

So you can overscout what you need for each chapter, but just be careful not to go too far.