• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Orcs (the chapter)

DeletedUser8946

Oh. So without upgrading my Mountain Halls, it can never go higher?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Oh. RIP tournaments.
It might be worth considering making the transition to auto-fighting in tournaments.
Since you will already be sitting with 2 max armories for the orcs you need, not using them to help build up an army is a little wasteful.

There's a nice video showing just how much more efficient auto-fighting is vs catering, but I'm having trouble finding it atm.

EDIT: just realized you may have meant RIP motivation for doing tournaments. If so, my only answer is KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
RIP motivation for doing tournaments. If so, my only answer is KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP
I've been at max boost in all 3 tiers for a couple months now; waited until I got there to build the Mountain Halls. Still doing tournaments for the above reason! Plus, as you work on leveling wonders, you have to use your boosted relics every so often (6th upgrade? I forget). So, you need more than the 500 relics or you will drop below the max boost. Also, seems to be slow going for me getting the runes for the most recent unlocked wonders (fairies). So, I hope for some of those and of course the broken shards.

DeletedUser8946

LOL You mean this video?

I'm already a fighter all the way. The Gem tournament killed by boosted goods down to the hundreds, and annihilated all three of my mage troops; along with pretty much everyone else. But normally I stick to fighters. And usually auto-fighting, since I don't have loads of time.

I max out my Barracks ASAP and have three Dwarven+ Level armories up and running; and already have space prepped for two or more Orc Armories. So no, I have NO intention on short changing my fighters in the slightest.

And RIP Tournaments was a bit of both. But I'll jump on that bandwagon with ya. KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP KP! I also enjoy the Rune Shards, despite them aggravatingly NOT being the ones I want. Love myself some Ancient Wonders...
upload_2018-1-2_19-47-22.png

upload_2018-1-2_19-48-10.png
:D

MirandaZink

Plus, as you work on leveling wonders, you have to use your boosted relics every so often (6th upgrade? I forget). So, you need more than the 500 relics or you will drop below the max boost.

This is absolutely the most important thing you said about relics even though this really isn't about "Orcs the Chapter" where we all got a bit off track, you have to keep your inventory up to upgrade AW and to create spells. You have to pay attention.

DeletedUser4338

Ok. I am really stuck in the Orcs chapter. Is there a resource calculator anywhere? I'm horrible at math. Maybe I have to much population, or is it not enough workshops? I just completed T3 of my boosted goods upgrade. Two out of three are upgraded. So that's leveling out. Four out of eight workshops are upgraded. Still upgrading residences. Everything is low. Even culture. I had sold lots of my culture and I just had to add more to upgrade residences. I have 30 mushroom farms. All are lvl 4. 5 rally points, 1 at lvl 3, 2 at lvl 2 and 1 at lvl1. 33,550 psychoshrooms and 20,744 powershrooms. Help

Mykan

Oh Wise One
There are some calculators out there depending on what your after.
  • Elven architect might solve some of your problems as it shows coins, supplies etc produced and used based on your design
  • There is a guest race resource calculator that focuses on guest race goods. (I would have to find it, there is one linked someone in my guide and there are different versions floating around)
I do not know if there is one for upgrading buildings in a chapter.

Edit Here, found it in the guest race section.

DeletedUser4338

There are some calculators out there depending on what your after.
  • Elven architect might solve some of your problems as it shows coins, supplies etc produced and used based on your design
  • There is a guest race resource calculator that focuses on guest race goods. (I would have to find it, there is one linked someone in my guide and there are different versions floating around)
I do not know if there is one for upgrading buildings in a chapter.

Edit Here, found it in the guest race section.
Thanks Mykan. This helps alot

DeletedUser9601

Ok. I am really stuck in the Orcs chapter. Is there a resource calculator anywhere? I'm horrible at math. Maybe I have to much population, or is it not enough workshops? I just completed T3 of my boosted goods upgrade. Two out of three are upgraded. So that's leveling out. Four out of eight workshops are upgraded. Still upgrading residences. Everything is low. Even culture. I had sold lots of my culture and I just had to add more to upgrade residences. I have 30 mushroom farms. All are lvl 4. 5 rally points, 1 at lvl 3, 2 at lvl 2 and 1 at lvl1. 33,550 psychoshrooms and 20,744 powershrooms. Help

When I was in Orcs, I felt like I was "behind" on all my regular buildings (like residences, workshops, etc.). But honestly, it works out fine. Because once you have your rally points and farms clicking (and you are very close; I think you'd be fine stopping at 5 level 3 rally points, and I assume your portal is levelled?), you have a lot of time to get caught up.

Take a look at the Woodelves tech tree. The guest race buildings don't show up until the 12th tech in the chapter. That means even after you finish Orcs, you have 2-3 weeks to:
1. build 10 or so Weeping Willows for mana (which by the way also brings your culture WAAAY up), and
2. catch up on residences, workshops, and factories.
You'll also have like 8-10 expansions worth of empty space (once you delete farms and rally points) to reorganize your city and efficiently place buildings.

For me, Orcs felt like I was treading water, and the game kept putting rocks to put in my pockets to weigh me down. Once you hit Woodelves though, you have a few weeks to breathe, fix up your city, refill your gold and supply coffers, rebuild your armies, clear some provinces, etc.

MirandaZink

I have 30 mushroom farms. All are lvl 4. 5 rally points, 1 at lvl 3, 2 at lvl 2 and 1 at lvl1. 33,550 psychoshrooms and 20,744 powershrooms. Help

So here's my POV - #1 get the portal to level 4, then get your rally's to level 4. This means 1/2 of your farms (at least) will need to produce Hardshrooms to accomplish all the upgrades for those buildings. If you want upgrade the farms but I'm not finding it's worth the hassle if you have 25 farms or more.

You are going to suffer with culture. You're going to suffer keeping Tier 3 goods in stock. And you're going to get stuck and not able to progress in research. It's going to take a minimum of 3 months if you're a daily player. I know this isn't what you want to hear but think of this chapter as a time to pause, gain more territories, upgrade your AW and participate more in tournaments.

This too shall pass and when it does the sigh of relief is awesome!

MirandaZink

BTW I just want to point out that I don't do math or use building planning tools etc. I do that all day long with my job so playing this game is a release where I don't want to overthink it. Worse case you kill a building and start over. It's not that big of a deal. No one is going to put you avatar on your tomb stone . . . :)

MirandaZink

Orcs is just all over the place,

This is the EXACT point - Dwarves and Faires were very close in patterns of what to do then ORCS hits and it's a completely different strategy. And it's not easy. You will get stuck. You will struggle with culture (hoard those spells!). BUT when you get stuck, help others with their AW. Upgrade your own AW. Enjoy the tournaments. Start hoarding Tier 1 goods for Woodelves (you'll need a lot for upgrading your tier 1 buildings). Think about how you will add squares to increase the size of your MH. Your supply factories change too so a lot of dreaming and planning to fill your time.

My other avatar is in Orcs. We're 2.5 months into it as a daily player and I have about another 2-3 weeks to go. I have 4 rallies and 42 farms so yes even with all of that it's going to be 3 months.

Others in my FS have been stuck in Orcs for 4-5 months. Remember this chapter was designed to slow everyone down . . . it's a right of passage and it too will eventually come to an end. Just find a way to enjoy being stuck then it won't be so bad.

Risen Malchiah

@MirandaZink Your advice is sound but it didn't take me 3 months to go through Orcs. I finished in well under 2 months by sacrificing some culture (and still managed an occasional sunny day when everyone in my fellowship visited). I had 38 farms and 3 rally points, but eventually dropped enough of those farms to go up to 5 rally points toward the end of the chapter.

One of the problems people have is everyone feels the need to upgrade everything to max. Don't do this. I still had dwarven-level factories throughout fairies and orcs because upgrading them would've meant adding so many more residences that it would have kept me from having a larger guest settlement. Once I started upgrading from fairies to orc residences, I actually reduced them down to 20 in my human city and 22 in my elven city and have stayed around there through S&D.

MirandaZink

I finished in well under 2 months by sacrificing some culture (and still managed an occasional sunny day when everyone in my fellowship visited).

Great for you that you did it this fast. Honestly I've never heard anyone saying well under 2 months. I also want to point out that I also work a full time job so I didn't (don't) play religiously. Some days I only can do visits and pick up people's trades so I just wanted to say that to provide some context. The cool thing is it's possible . . .

Risen Malchiah

Haha, yeah I guess you could say I was "lucky" enough to be unemployed at the time. KP wasn't an issue due to tournaments. And I made sure to upgrade the portal and most of the farms before starting on the research goods. That meant I was only tech-locked in the beginning while upgrading the portal and once later on when I realized 3 rally points wasn't enough and started selling off some farms to build more. I've heard people have done it in about 40-ish days, though it probably took me around 50.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I've heard people have done it in about 40-ish days, though it probably took me around 50.
I finished orcs in about 65 days, but was travelling for 49 of those. Some days I played for a long time due to jet lag and everyone being asleep when I couldn't, otherwise it was 1 or maybe 2 logins per day. I started with 80+ farms and slowly converted them to RP as I moved through the chapter. Very minimalist city other than orc stuff. I also started orcs very soon after winning a dozen winter stars which were hugely overpowered.