• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

orcs

Gaelio

What is the best way to get through orcs without setting yourself on fire??
Do you waste time upgrading portal past 2, do you keep upgrading farms?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You have to upgrade the portal past two, as otherwise it can't store enough of some of the goods to complete the research. Generally you'd want to anyway, as it it increases the output from each of the other buildings in the chapter. If you have the room, when the Blooming Trader Ancient Wonder is available to you, that also increases the output of the guest races.

I started with as many mushroom farms as I could pack in, and one rally point when it came available. I upgraded about half of my mushroom farms as far and as fast as I could. As I moved closer to the end of the chapter, I removed a few of the lower level mushroom farms and built more rally points. At the very end, when the tech was done, I kept a half dozen fully upgraded mushroom farms and to finish roads, and one rally point to finish the materials in case I want to do the optional squad size techs, which I skipped along the way.

If you are on several times a day, it might be worth upgrading your rally points, but be aware they don't produce more at a time, they just produce it faster, so if you only check in once or twice a day you gain nothing by upgrading those.