• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

ORCS

Sunnydae

I know in the beginning Orcs were the END and that is why they are the BANE of our Existence.. but now that they are NOT the end.. can't you tone the requirements down a little...?? Like the time it takes for just ONE Lvl 2 Shroom of Wisdom is OVER 40 hours!! No wonder people HATE Orcs.. Bring them more in line now that they are in the middle of the Chapters, not the end. Please please please, pretty please??? Come on.. you can do it.. easy peasy;)

DeletedUser26692

I know in the beginning Orcs were the END and that is why they are the BANE of our Existence.. but now that they are NOT the end.. can't you tone the requirements down a little...?? Like the time it takes for just ONE Lvl 2 Shroom of Wisdom is OVER 40 hours!! No wonder people HATE Orcs.. Bring them more in line now that they are in the middle of the Chapters, not the end. Please please please, pretty please??? Come on.. you can do it.. easy peasy;)
I myself am waiting in ferries for a little while longer so take this for what it is worth....I was reading our fellowship chat the other day and someone asked how long it took everyone to get through chapter 8 and while a few of the older accounts said it felt like forever, there was a lady that just completed that chapter in just shy of a month using portal profits....and if I remember correctly, she said she only had 1 rally point. So I hope, that gives you hope!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
My experience with orcs was that it took a LOT of farms. I think I had over 50 or 60. I started with the portal, of course, and then added farms and worked them up to their highest level. I ignored the rally points until I had to have one, built one and then kept going with the farms. When my farms were all at lvl 3 or 4 then I built 3 more rally points and that made the whole thing go much more quickly than I expected. I think it took 3 days... or was it 3 years? Actually I do think it took about 2-3 months but my memory is hazy on that. So my advice is to focus on the farms and build a lot of them. Keep building and upgrading them until you absolutely have to have a rally point then replace some of the farms with one at a time but only when your farms are all up to date OR you are forced to do so because of chapter requirements.

That was my strategy anyway. I didn't find orcs too terrible with it.

AJ

Aritra

I am not looking forward to Orcs chapter. I am still in dwarves at the moment and looked ahead to see what I could expect in land and production needs.... I got so overwhelmed that for a few hours, I just wanted to quit the whole thing. I didn't quit. And I'll deal with it when I get there. In the meantime, I'm keeping an eye on the suggestions offered by those who have gotten through it.

So.... is that why it is so overwhelming? Because it used to be the final chapter? If so, then, yeah, ease up and let the difficulty increase but, geez, do we really need the increased difficulty spike that high? Otherwise, it is possibly culling the herd, player numbers reduced to those serious enough to make it out on the other side... :eek:

NightshadeCS

I don't think it is nearly as terrible as everyone is making it out to be.

The first time I played that chapter, it was a bit depressing. I had started Elvenar because it looked so beautiful and mystical. The Fairies chapter was a visual joy, and then all of a sudden, everything started changing to these ugly, boney, poopy buildings! Ick, ick, ick!

The only up side was that getting to Woodelves was like being thrown a life preserver when you are drowning. I was so happy to have something lovely again.

My second city, I was not dreading O&G nearly so much. I knew what to expect, so the visual element was not so unsettling. I also was able to enjoy the hilarious storyline that you get through the quests. My advice is definitely to pay attention to that, as it is quite amusing. By this second time through, I had Portal Profits (which did not exist on my first foray through that chapter), and I had a better grasp of efficiencies.

I suffered from "building sentimentality" in my first city, and was loathe to raze all my culture buildings that I had worked so hard for. Now I know that one must accept change to move forward (though the advent of RRs has also made this lesson less salient--in fact, they make it harder for people to let go of things).

While looking ahead and planning can be very helpful at times, I would advise not to let it stress you out. If you are not in a terrible rush (and who needs to be in this game? It is meant to be slow), then allow yourself some room for error and learning organically.

The advice above is very good. Lots of Mushroom farms, get one Rally Point going after a bit, but wait until near the end to build more.

Aritra

I think that part of my orc anxiety was realizing that I will need to tear down part of my city, if not by that chapter, then definitely soon after. I have a design to my city and I hate disrupting that. I want to arrange *everything* and that is simply not possible.

I think it somewhat begins in orcs, if not then soon after, the need for layered manufacturing (need these to make that, which you need to make that, but then tear that down because now you need this with it to make something else). Ugh

Bottom line is, I'm not there yet, so deal with it later. More importantly, I have (and those going through it now) virtually all of Elvenar to help guide through all that messiness. Regardless of FS contacts, there are lots of people eager to advise. And don't forget about the supplemental resources, both official and unofficial. It can and will be overcome; It will just be a pain in the..... :eek: