• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Orcs

Raccon

In what chapter would this happen?
As long as you maintain the number of your cleared provinces (in a circular manner around your city) within the required province number to unlock the next chapter, your difficulty level stays on 'easy' level. Of course, the Terminator Mist walker has been a permanent fixture in almost every encounter lately which would tip the balance against you regardless of difficulty level.

Aritra

As long as you maintain the number of your cleared provinces (in a circular manner around your city) within the required province number to unlock the next chapter, your difficulty level stays on 'easy' level. Of course, the Terminator Mist walker has been a permanent fixture in almost every encounter lately which would tip the balance against you regardless of difficulty level.
I was referring to the "[...] even catering one encounter would bankrupt you" part.
Are you saying this difficulty level exists already? If so, when?
I'm still catering full-time through chapter 12 (while weekly clearing two spire floors and contributing 2K+ tourney).
Quite manageable. What did I misunderstand about your statement?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I was referring to the "[...] even catering one encounter would bankrupt you" part.
Are you saying this difficulty level exists already? If so, when?
I'm still catering full-time through chapter 12 (while weekly clearing two spire floors and contributing 2K+ tourney).
Quite manageable. What did I misunderstand about your statement?

Catering on the world map will never be as costly as the upper levels of the Spire or being deep in the tournament. so don't stress.

Aritra

Catering on the world map will never be as costly as the upper levels of the Spire or being deep in the tournament. so don't stress.
I'm not stressing about it. I'm just wondering where/when it would be so expensive to elicit the [exaggerated, I assume] statement.

Raccon

As I mentioned before, resolving the encounters are balanced at chapter level. What this means, for example, at level 7 your maximum level of catering resource providers i.e manufacturies, workshops and residences are at level 18-19, When you keep the number of cleared provinces within the required limit, the difficulty level on the map would read 'easy', which means the difficulty level to cater or fight is in accordance with the level of your city goods, coins , supplies and military production.
If you are in chapter 7 but you've cleared equal to required provinces for chapter 10, the cost of catering or fighting will be in accordance to the production level of goods and troops of a chapter 10 city, therefore, you pay the price of chapter 10 catering or fighting when your income is 3 chapters lower. These are provinces labeled as 'hard' or 'very hard' on the world map. You'll see these difficulty indicators lessened as you move to new chapters i.e closing the gap between the cleared province limit of a chapter and the excess cleared chapters.
So as long as you keep the number of cleared provinces within the limit the game requires to unlock the next chapter, your catering cost remains adjusted to your chapter's goods, coins and supply production capacity.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Raccon That is generally true except for one short stretch. For some reason none of us can figure out, and Inno has not fixed, from around late chapter 3 to maybe the end of chapter 5, even if a player completes only the exact number of provinces needed per chapter, all world map encounters are Very Hard. It was not like that years ago, but it seems something happened in the balance of the game within the past couple of years that caused this. I started a city on the Beta server a little over a year and a half ago and say this for myself. As soon as I got past that point, everything started to move back down to being Very Easy, and has stayed Very Easy all the way into chapter 15 by not completing more than the provinces needed to unlock the next chapter.

Aritra

@Raccon That is generally true except for one short stretch. For some reason none of us can figure out, and Inno has not fixed, from around late chapter 3 to maybe the end of chapter 5, even if a player completes only the exact number of provinces needed per chapter, all world map encounters are Very Hard. It was not like that years ago, but it seems something happened in the balance of the game within the past couple of years that caused this. I started a city on the Beta server a little over a year and a half ago and say this for myself. As soon as I got past that point, everything started to move back down to being Very Easy, and has stayed Very Easy all the way into chapter 15 by not completing more than the provinces needed to unlock the next chapter.
I just started my third city a week ago and I experienced this early! Before I had completed the required number to exit chapter one, everything went red/very hard (even though I hadn't even met the requirement, let alone exceeded it). In chapter two, it still shows very hard, even after completing advanced scouts. My chapter six city is settled yellow now, but took a long time to get out of the red (like you said). Especially after discovering my catering needs didn't change (much, if at all) as the color/difficulty levels changed, I ignored them and just didn't scout "too" far ahead (whatever that is, opinions seem to vary about how to advise this).

DeletedUser30612

it takes til chapter 5 or 6 for everything to be easy you have to cater pretty much until then. if you wait until after a squad size upgrade to scout it’ll help some the provinces catering is set at scouting fighting will get easier with squad size upgrades

Raccon

Looks like it depends on which world your city is located, I only experienced 'hard' and 'very hard' situations when I went over board with cleared provinces in early chapters. Ever since, I try to clear as few provinces as possible until I'm at the end of the research tree and near the next chapter.

Iyapo1

I am overscouted by more provinces every day. I hit very hard in chapter 3 and pretty much stayed there. I cater so no fighting worries. Once I hit Chapter 8 and could make orcs I blew past the orc wall and I am still running.

DeletedUser30612

@Iyapo1 I’m thinking of overscouting once hit chapter 8. Currently make my first orcs in beta the 4 day production to gather enough while I fill in the tech tree and wait to find out when there is an FA not putting anything down until then besides the portal.

Aritra

@Iyapo1 I’m thinking of overscouting once hit chapter 8. Currently make my first orcs in beta the 4 day production to gather enough while I fill in the tech tree and wait to find out when there is an FA not putting anything down until then besides the portal.
I don't believe "overscouting" applies once you hit chapter 8. Avoiding "overscouting" to avoid hitting the "orc wall" refers to hitting that point when you require resources you are incapable of producing, thereby holding you back until you can. Once you hit chapter 8, you can make the orcs so nothing holding you back. You're freeeeee!!!! Scout all you want!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If you scout only the minimum for every chapter AND you move through chapters fast then the later chapters become problematic as far as scout times. In both chapters 13 and 14 I had the chapter finished before my scout could open up enough provinces to open the next chapter. Since I am the impatient sort, I ended up spending massive time boosts on my scout in both chapters. If I had realized this would be an issue ahead of time I would have not stopped scouting in ch 11 and 12 when I reached the minimum needed to advance.

Raccon

If you scout only the minimum for every chapter AND you move through chapters fast then the later chapters become problematic as far as scout times. In both chapters 13 and 14 I had the chapter finished before my scout could open up enough provinces to open the next chapter. Since I am the impatient sort, I ended up spending massive time boosts on my scout in both chapters. If I had realized this would be an issue ahead of time I would have not stopped scouting in ch 11 and 12 when I reached the minimum needed to advance.
I scout none stop, but I don't clear more than necessary provinces to unlock the next province.
If you scout AND clear all the scouted provinces at the same time resulting in clearing the equivalent of 3-4 chapters worth of provinces ahead of your own chapter, the 'hard' or 'very hard' brick wall would be inevitable.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I scout none stop, but I don't clear more than necessary provinces to unlock the next province.
If you scout AND clear all the scouted provinces at the same time resulting in clearing the equivalent of 3-4 chapters worth of provinces ahead of your own chapter, the 'hard' or 'very hard' brick wall would be inevitable.

Just remember that every province you scout makes every unscouted province a little more expensive and harder. Scouting will eventually raise the difficulty color, not completing.

Raccon

Scouting will eventually raise the difficulty color, not completing.
Exactly, that's what I've been trying to explain all along. By keeping my province clearing operation within the limit number needed for unlocking the next chapter, I'm always dealing with 'very easy' and 'easy' provinces. The far away ones, i.e the 'hard' provinces would turn to easy or very easy level as I've already advanced to further chapters by then ;)
Just remember that every province you scout makes every unscouted province a little more expensive and harder.
Very true, but my scouting speed has become slow enough that nonstop scouting only keeps the number of un clearned provinces steady and at a level to have enough for unlocking the next province + a few extras for event quests.

Last edited:

Yogi Dave

When you start a scout, the cost of catering and the number of troops they will bring is fixed. The difficulty only applies to fighting and is almost completely determined by your squad size. The larger your squad size relative to the enemies shows as an easier fight. If the enemies squad size is significantly larger than yours the province will show as very hard. However, if you increase your squad size by doing the squad size techs, the difficulty will decrease since your squad size will now be larger relative to theirs.

Note: Nothing affects catering cost or the number of troops they will bring to battle after the scouting starts.

[Edit:] The cost to start a scout is used to determine the catering cost and number of troops the enemy will bring. The exception to this is that in ring 11 orcs begin to be needed for catering.