• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Orcs

FAR2019

@FAR2019 One thing I have not seen mentioned in this thread yet is the Witch Hut. It is the evolving building from the 2020 Halloween event. If you are in chapter 10 then I think there is a chance you were playing back then. If you do have this building, upgrade it to orcs level or higher. Once Witch Hut reaches Orcs level, it will start to produce orcs and it is one of the best orc producers in the game.
Thanks! I do not have a Witch Hut. :(

FAR2019

Ye Gods. And Armories are at 17?!? They need a kindly visit from someone in Khelonaar - and I know that several experienced players in this thread have cities in K.
KK, I cannot visit, but I looked at OP's stats on Elvenstats.com. @FAR2019 , the real outlier is that you have 18% of your tiles used as paths (roads). That is way too much for any style of play. You are using 18% of your tiles for paths. In comparison, I am using 8% and three experienced, advanced players who have cities in Khelonaar and are in this thread use 8, 11, and 7 percent of their tiles for paths.
Please read this: https://elvengems.com/city-layout-space-optimization/
And this: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....efits-of-the-spiral-design.27295/#post-216567
And this: https://minmaxgame.com/elvenar-sorcerers-dragons-day-01-04/
And maybe even this:
(maybe too much).
Hope this helps.
Hey!

Yes, I know! I am in the process of brainstorming for changes I will need to do to maximize space on my city. Before I continue with Chapter 10 I will have to get rid of lot of C buildings to upgrade everything need to upgrade! Not in a hurry and I like to listen to more experience players here! thank you!

FAR2019

Oh! I did not realize this. 18% roads is way too much! I'm fairly sure I am one of the advanced players in Khelonaar @Gkyr is talking about. @FAR2019 feel free to visit my city in Khelonaar and look at how I have my roads. Maybe it will give you some ideas. But in general: long, straight roads are more efficient than roads that constantly juke back and forth. And a building only needs to touch a road on 1 side. If you have a building with roads on each side, it is inefficient.

@FAR2019 On a different note, I visited your city in Khel to look at it. I do agree the road network could be more efficient. But I also noticed you have 3 Weeping Willows. I am not sure if you realize this or not, but you can craft Festival Merchants in the Magic Academy and they will produce way more mana than a Weeping Willow. Furthermore, the Festival Merchants are much smaller. You would easily be able to fit 4 or 5 Festival Merchants in the space your 3 Weeping Willows occupy. And have space left. This would vastly improve your mana production. The only possible downside would be that you would take a small culture hit.
...the pretty white horses? :)
Goblin Gift Shop can't be beat, Winter Star (love!!) from our recent event is the same as Calligraphy Class, both great. These are all surprisingly better pop/sq than even a Magic Residence.
If you are lucky to get an Igloo Festival from your MA, those pack quite a pop-punch as well. (omg - have those diappeared from our MA now?! noooooo! eek.)
OK...all of you talking about CC Goblins etc.... you got me lost there. LOL

FAR2019

Great job as always @iamthouth!

You also might want to reassess your culture. I keep around 205-210% in my Ch18 city. But that city runs with zero houses, zero regular factories, and 2 magic workshops. My pop/coins/goods come from event bldgs that also give culture instead of using it like the houses/factories/workshops. Still, I have active culture spells on my highest culture bldgs (the highest culture bldg available is offered in the visit window, so typically get the most polishes). The only way you're reaching 205% is by using spells. The culture bonus maxes out at 170% without the use of EE spells. Here's what the Wiki page says about how to assess your culture:

Level 1 will increase your production rate from the standard 100% to 125%. You should definitely try to get this.

Level 2 will increase it from 125% to 150% and it will worth your while to reach this Bonus level on your own.

Level 3 will increase it from 150% to 160%, this Bonus level is intended to be reachable through Neighborly Help.

Level 4 will increase it from 160% to 170%, only a steady flow of Neighborly Help will ensure you can get this Bonus without having to occupy too much space with Cultural Buildings.
Most of the time I have 170% but as I get NH and I use Ensorcelled Enchantments the C goes up to 205% so far.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
OK...all of you talking about CC Goblins etc.... you got me lost there. LOL
Goblin Gift Shop and Calligraphy Class are both buildings that are sometimes offered as daily prizes in events. As far as I know, this is the only way to get them. They are both 3x3 in size and both give population and culture. What makes them so good is that they each give a very high amount of population for their size. Each of them is SIGNIFICANTLY better on a square for square basis than a max level normal residence from the same chapter. And they are equal to or slightly better than a magical residence of the same level.

I took out a several of my "just mana producing" blgs, and put out the new event building. It actually takes up less tiles and gives me more mana and other things like goods, troops, and a CC.

Hawk1911

My #1 secret to saving up orcs....don't spend them! Sounds simple right? I'll elaborate. I NEVER train Orc Warriors or Orc Strategists in the training grounds. Sure Orc Warriors are good and all, but you don't need them so don't produce any. Orc Strategists are great (especially for elves), so craft the Grounds of Orc Strategists in the MA and supply 100% of the Strategists that way. Try your hardest to not cater the fights that have orcs in the costs. Fight those and cater others.

Following those simple rules, I've never had an Orc shortage and currently sitting on a supply of 600k (currently in ch15). I run 3 armories and consistently produce orcs on 12hour rotation. I have a lv7 Heros Forge. I do not have any Orc nests. Prefer to have more Grounds of Orc Strategists and currently have 16.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yup, I agree with Hawk. I almost never train Orc Strats in the TG, and it helps to have multiple sources of orcs, besides that. I have millions of orcs in my older cities, that put in Forge
GR12_AW2_Runeshard.png
(and sold 2 nests to do it) for the heavy melee fight bonus, because every troop has a use.

Raccon

Until you won some better orc buildings (that's being mentioned in this thread) from events, and upgrading your armories, I suggest you replace some of your older culture buildings from earlier chapters including the grounds of orc strategists with orc nests because:
An 8 square chapter 8 grounds of orc strategist gives you 87 orc strategists every 12 hrs. https://www.elvenarchitect.com/buildings/details/a_evt_auto_orcstrategist/
Screenshot_20220223-145008_DuckDuckGo.jpg

An 8 square chapter 8 orc nest gives you 400 orcs every 24 hrs = 200 per 12 hrs.
Screenshot_20220223-144917_DuckDuckGo.jpg

So, for the same size building you are getting 113 extra orcs.