• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Other Games You Enjoy

Deleted User - 4739469

Hello,

I thought it might be nice to see what other games people enjoy. Perhaps you'll discover something new to try as a result, or maybe even find others with an interest in the same game and possibly connect to enjoy it together. Feel free to list any sort of game(s) you enjoy - whether it be a real-life game (e.g. billiards, chess, poker, etc) or a video game (e.g. Donkey Kong, Hearthstone, RuneScape, etc) - and, if you like, consider sharing the reason for your enjoyment; even list game genres, consoles, and whatever else you can think of if you so wish!

Personally, I enjoy pretty much any genre of game (action, adventure, gambling, racing, role-playing, sports, strategy, and third-person to name some), but admit I'm not a huge fan of first-person and horror. Whilst I can appreciate that first-person games are so popular because they offer a touch of realism, I tend to out right avoid horror; I simply don't get the same thrill that others, who enjoy them, seem to from the scare - I've only actually played like three horror games, and consider Gears of War to be the only game with some horror/scary elements that I've played through to the end. My absolute favorite genre would have to be role-playing, and I credit my discovery of it to RuneScape, which I still enjoy to this day. Aside from the above listed games (including the ones listed as examples in my first paragraph), some other specific games I enjoy include, but not limited to: Assassin's Creed, backgammon, Euchre, Mario, Paladins, Pokemon Go, and Rocket League. Although I'm currently on a smartphone, due to my current situation (see my introductory post for more), I do have a computer, and have enjoyed consoles from Nintendo to Xbox 360 - I would say my favourites, in no particular order, were Super Nintendo, N64, and Xbox 360.

I could definitely go on a lot more - by no means is that a complete list - but that's enough for now. How about you folks? Feel free to post below with your favourites!

Sincerely,

DawsonJr

Iyapo1

I still play Skyrim if I want to feel godlike.
Portal if I need to be verbally abused(did you gain weight while sleeping?). Binding of Isaac for the twisted story and rewards(mom's toenail). Dont Starve for the endless cycle(until you starve or the giant gets you through the beeffalo).

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
I collect dragons in Dragonvale with my grandson. Splash, Flutter, and Starlight because they’re based on real life fish, butterflies and moths. Happy Color to chill out and de-stress. Sudoku, Nonogram, and Elvenar to keep me thinking a bit...all on iPad or mobile phone. I also like backgammon and gin rummy but haven’t played in ages. :)

Deleted User - 4739469

Hello,

I can't remember for sure now, Iyapo, but Skyrim is one of those Elder Scrolls games, correct? I believe I've played one of those; think it was the one just before Skyrim was released - incidentally, I remember clearly thinking I'd love to get Skyrim because I enjoyed the one I played (sadly, never got it and haven't ever played it). I've watched gameplay for Binding of Isaac, and the style (i.e. going through rooms and fighting enemies) is definitely one I've dabbled in and enjoyed before, but never actually played it. I believe I've heard of the others, but never played them.

I don't remember how, but I came across Dragonvale several years ago, Dreamyn; it use to be Dragon Mania Legends, if I'm not mistaken - or perhaps they're both completely different games? Anyway, I can definitely say for sure that I also enjoy Sudoku; once I grasped how it worked, I got in to it quite a bit - don't do many now, but will do the odd puzzle if a newspaper happens to have 'em! To be honest, I've never heard of the others - aside from gin rummy, but never played it.

Sincerely,

DawsonJr

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm still into old classic games like Civ. Occasionally, I even fire up my C-64 emulator and play Legacy of the Ancients or its sequel, Legend of Blacksilver. It's ancient, it's blocky, and the graphics are basically ridiculous, but for some reason I still love getting to the end and hearing the Caretaker tell me I've saved the world, lol. Yeah, I'm nuts. :)

Deleted User - 4739469

Hah, I know the feeling of enjoying an older style game, Darielle! Admittedly, I'm not familiar with the games you've mentioned - though, I believe I've at least heard of the C-64 you mentioned. That said, I can tell you I feel the same about games like Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros/World from the Nintendo and Super Nintendo respectively, Super Mario 64 from the Nintendo 64, and the original 2D version of RuneScape from 2000, to name a few. They may be old, but they're still good in my books! :D

The Unbeliever

Warhammer 40k is my main poison, or as well 40k nerds call it, our 'plastic crack.'

Current project is a large Space Wolves army...
But I also have on the back burners Thousand Sons + Tzeentch Daemons, Death Guard, Salamanders & a (not so) small Guard armies.

...yes, I have no life.:oops:

Ivy1996

Kids and work don't leave me much time for serious gaming, but occasionally I play a game of Bloons TD6 on my tablet. It is a fun tower defense game. (And yes, Skyrim! A lot of time went into that and before the kids loads of Guild Wars)

Deleted User - 849039189

I am hooked on KoA it is a highly addictive mmo. It is a lot like this game. But on update 9.2

Deleted User - 849039189

Warhammer 40k is my main poison, or as well 40k nerds call it, our 'plastic crack.'

Current project is a large Space Wolves army...
But I also have on the back burners Thousand Sons + Tzeentch Daemons, Death Guard, Salamanders & a (not so) small Guard armies.

...yes, I have no life.:oops:
Don't worry I have no life either.

Lille Kraake

Oh, someone will regret that I found this thread...
  • Console
    1. Tetris
    2. Dr. Mario
    3. Terra
    4. Minecraft Dungeons
  • PC
    1. OH Sir!, original and Hollywood Roasts editions
    2. Guild Wars 2
    3. Diablo 2 and 3
    4. Idle Champions
    5. Dungeon Defenders
    6. Terraria
    7. Minecraft Java edition
  • Android
    1. Elvenar
    2. Empires and Puzzles
    3. Candy Crush and Pyramid Solitaire Sagas
    4. Rupaul's Drag Race Superstar
    5. Love Nikki
    6. Two Eyes - Nonogram
    7. Board Kings
    8. Lost Lands 1 and 3
    9. Jigsaw
    10. Dragonscapes
  • Boardgames (too many to list all, but here are some all-time faves, all editions)
    1. Mice and Mystics
    2. Settlers of Catan
    3. Pillars of Eternity
    4. Ticket to Ride
    5. Dominion
    6. Labyrinth
    7. Kingdomino, Queendomino and the Royal Wedding rules variant
    8. Clue
    9. Life
    10. Connect 4
    11. Operation
    12. Pokeno
    13. Boggle
    14. Mouse Trap
    15. Jenga
    16. Perfection
    17. Sorry!
    18. Candyland
    19. Scrabble
    20. Upwords
    21. Battleship
    22. Guess Who?
    23. Don't Break the Ice
  • Card games (including CCGs)
    1. Magic: the Gathering
    2. Stoned, Drunk,or Stupid
    3. Cards Against Humanity
    4. Phase 10
    5. Uno
    6. Rook
  • Dice games
    1. Cinqo
    2. Dicey Goblin
    3. Yahtzee
    4. Zombie Dice
    5. Farkle
  • Tabletop Rpgs
    1. D&D 5th edition
    2. Pathfinder (and 2.0)
    3. Starfinder
    4. Shadowrun
    5. Vampire: (the Masquerade and World of Darkness)
    6. Werewolf: the Apocalypse
    7. Mage: the Ascension
    8. Changeling: the Oblivion
    9. MiB
    10. Beyond (homebrew system by yours truly)
And, my husband and I are developing a Gothic boardgame called The Children of the Night.

SummerAmbrosia

Runes of Magic.
I loved that game; played for years.
We all had microphones and tons of laughs.
One of the problems....it was laggy. Also, some of the quests in the line of quests were not working properly for anyone.
Despite all of that it was really fun.
The graphics were out of this world.
I stopped because my daughter was entering her teens and she needed me for all kinds things.
I wonder if it is still a game that people can play.. I'm going to check it out.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Fable 1, 2, and 3, Counterstrike Source, Mario games (all of them), Zelda games (all), Unreal Tournament, Castle Cats, MTG Arena, Spyro, Galaga, Galaxian, Final Fantasy Explorers, Donkey Kong, Super Smash Brothers, and many more I can't think of right now but those are some of my top favorites.