• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Out of Curiosity...What is this?

AtaguS

Ok, I know the snow, or possibly this thing in general, has been here for a while but I switched to a bigger monitor recently and...what is this? It looks like a log, tied to a rope, attached to the edge of a rock ledge, dropped into the water below. But...what for? Too low to be a swing...not all that practical to be a fishing line, unless perhaps next Spring...help!
Opera Snapshot_2020-02-19_135051_us2.elvenar.com.png

AtaguS

neeronie

Ok, I know the snow, or possibly this thing in general, has been here for a while but I switched to a bigger monitor recently and...what is this? It looks like a log, tied to a rope, attached to the edge of a rock ledge, dropped into the water below. But...what for? Too low to be a swing...not all that practical to be a fishing line, unless perhaps next Spring...help!
View attachment 7168
Just looks like artwork that is designed to have viewers ask questions and get engaged.
IM001220.JPG

AtaguS

Wow nee, gorgeous. Movement, interest and peaceful all at once. Not easy to pull off. I really love it! I never could get water color to do what I wanted it to do. Always stuck to charcoal and chalk pastels myself.

My vote goes with doo hickey. The lazy snowman is overlooking the stream to see when it's ready for the picking.
Doo Hickey it is :)
Thanks everyone! Have enjoyed the speculation. It's always fun to discover something new in my city, even after all these years looking, lol...

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Since the rock is facing the sun and has no significant shade the snow melts. It then travels down to the edge of the rock and due to the surface tension travels down the edge of the rock until that tension is not enough and it falls into the air, creating the stream into the water. Since the falling water has more energy than the water into which it falls it melted then thin ice sheet in that area and now nfalls into open water creating the ripples you see. ---- Or it's an artistic mistake, a gator fishing mechanism, or a doohicky.

AJ