• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Outbox to ??? after sending message

OIM20

Access details:
Version: v1.149.4-(fd2d42d) - html5 (2022-04-08 12:15)
World: Elcysandir
Browser: Firefox 99.0 (64-bit)
Screen resolution: 2560 x 1600
Account name: OIM20
:elf:
Reproducibility: 1/5 - happened once
1 - Open messenger.
2 - Send message (mine was to the whole FS; I don't know if that makes a difference since this is the first time I've seen this).
3 - Screen moved from "Compose" to "Outbox" as the code directs, but shows all messages with "???". No messages were accessible, clicking on them caused the game to grey out and lock up, requiring a refresh to be able to continue gameplay. Upon refresh, the message is visible in the outbox, so it did send properly.

The "hover text" at the bottom of the window is odd, as unlike other hover texts have appeared in roughly the same place as the text would appear if you were hovering over the button/field where they would normally occur. This text, however, shows at the bottom of the messaging window, which is nowhere near the field that requires recipients.
Screen: 13 April hover text_no data.jpg

OIM20

This just happened again (around 10:10 AM Eastern) , also in Elcysandir. It happened again after composing a message to the whole FS.

However, when sending a message to the whole FS in Harandar (around 10:20 AM Eastern), the bug did not occur.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
The next time it happens, can you try to grab me a screenshot of the dev tools?

OIM20

I thought it would happen today, but it didn't. Just curious, since I've never used dev tools in the browser before, what exactly would you like a screenshot of? For example, this is what came up when I opened them on the forum:
1651102905764.png
There's lots of choices....

OIM20

ty. Also, it hasn't repeated since I asked where to find error info. Funny, that. Will update thread if it does.

*passes you box of chocolates imbued with all the Elven love*

Myne

Oh Wise One
today i had a message I sent disappear from the outbox..poof it's gone. Does that mean it was not delivered? When I searched the player, they show on elvenstats and also under the fellowship. Yet you cannot search them..Bizarre!

defiantoneks

my outbox seems to show inbox contents.
should this not be only for things i've sent/responded? b/c it certainly isn't showing that.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
today i had a message I sent disappear from the outbox..poof it's gone. Does that mean it was not delivered? When I searched the player, they show on elvenstats and also under the fellowship. Yet you cannot search them..Bizarre!
Mobile or PC?

OIM20

@Myne - I think she means where you said
When I searched the player, they show on elvenstats and also under the fellowship. Yet you cannot search them..Bizarre!

(Not that this conversation isn't weeks old, so you may have addressed that in PMs by now)