• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

OUTRAGEOUS ELEMENTAL TRADES

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I see that there is definitely no sense of fair play among some players at the Elemental level. Multiple posts at 3/1 ratios is beyond greedy:confused::confused:
Lol 3:1 is pretty bad.
Just do what I do and post a 10% discount and they'll get snapped up in under an hour. At least they do on K&W worlds.

HJK84

If I'm not mistaken, at first when trading was available, you could save your goods from "decay" if you put it up for trade. Hence the one sided offers to just keep the goods.
But this was fixed, and some haven't realized that the goods are now decaying while up for trade :(

DeletedUser1791

IMO pushing and trading kp for goods is all shady business. I'd love to not see more 1 star trades of any kind. (or the ability to block a player from my trader view)

qaccy

If I'm not mistaken, at first when trading was available, you could save your goods from "decay" if you put it up for trade. Hence the one sided offers to just keep the goods.
But this was fixed, and some haven't realized that the goods are now decaying while up for trade :(

Perhaps that occurred on beta, but for the live game, sentient goods have always decayed regardless of whether they're in the trader or not.

bkbajb

I have been seeing it a lot from some newer players. When you message them about it and I start off with I will trade with you if, they just laugh and say people are taking them

DeletedUser964

At least you guys are seeing trades. I've had 1:1 trades for platinum up for days, and they are never taken. My last two buildings I had to buy platinum from wholesaler as no one trades.

DeletedUser3534

At least you guys are seeing trades. I've had 1:1 trades for platinum up for days, and they are never taken. My last two buildings I had to buy platinum from wholesaler as no one trades.
I also can't get much platinum in K world. It seems almost everyone is boosted in Tree Gum so far. I've been posting 3 star trades since the beginning and have only had 2 for platinum taken so far.. It is very frustrating to repost them every day because of the decay rate.

DeletedUser1108

The strange 0 star trades for sentient goods are showing up in Felyndral as well, at least the new sorting pushes them to the last page...first thing that I've liked about the new trade sorting - I have no idea what they think they are doing, but I won't trade at all with those people, even on normal trades.

In Felyndral Platinum was at a premium at first, I didn't need to post anything, just take the best 3 stars, but that didn't last long and now it is Moonstone that is at a premium...seems to be evening out a bit the last couple of days...perhaps even the Gum will have it's day eventually.

DeletedUser3122

Because of the voluminous amounts of elemental goods trades, I wonder why they don't make a separate tab for those goods. It's more than annoying having to sift through all that. It requires only using filters, which I hate to do all the time. I also wonder why they didn't put the Collect tab at the end, rather than forcing us to click on the Accept Offers tab.

DeletedUser2768

I've heard the arguments before... but I still believe players should not even be allowed to post 1 star trades.

I disagree. My fellowship policy is 2 or 3 star trades, but I gleefully look the other way on crap trades for small cities just starting out. I'm talking offering 25 marble for 100 planks when the player needs planks. It really helps the small cities grow fast, and in turn helps the fellowship grow.

edeba

I was thinking a "hide t4" box to click. There has been in the range of 20 pages of trades...

But then, why not make it so you can take part of a trade and players can only post 1 trade for each buy/sell good combo. So, rather than 10x 5000 + 10x 1000 + 10x 500 you just have one post for 80k or whatever and you can type in how much you want to trade and the trade amount then gets reduced...

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
But then, why not make it so you can take part of a trade and players can only post 1 trade for each buy/sell good combo.
trader.png

The Unbeliever

@Deawyne: Hover over the little blue circle icon there - it could be that you haven't actually 'discovered' Mordoreus on the map yet, and thus, you're getting hosed by the added 'trader fee'?

It's still not a good trade either way, but it *might* be inflated by like 20k+ due to the damn 'tax man' sneakily taking his cut on you?! ;)

DeletedUser3122

It's still not a good trade either way, but it *might* be inflated by like 20k+ due to the damn 'tax man' sneakily taking his cut on you?! ;)

No, the tax man does not apply for sentient goods. If it does, that's just wrong. But it does not note that at all. In addition, my discovered neighbors that trade them also hyper-inflate their goods. The icon says: You can only trade Sentient Goods with this player. Even if there is a tax man (I think Soggy would know on this one, I don't know), there's no way a 1:1 ratio would hyper inflate to 1:4.

Status
Not open for further replies.