• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Over abundance of troops for Tournaments

DeletedUser12586

Hi All. My fellowship couldn't quite help me with this one. When I train troops, the collective numbers don't go up. Only when a fellowship tournament is in session do the numbers go up. As in, when I am scouting and battling in provinces I have only 30 sword dancers and minimal archers, treants, and cerberus. However, when I battle in fellowship tournaments I have just over a hundred troops for each category.

Makes no sense. Needless to say when a fellowship tournament isn't in session I do all the training I can but I will never, ever be able to account for stable numbers given the amount of fellowship tournaments that take place.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
It's squad sizes. When you look at the army camp tab in the barracks, it will show your squad size in the top right corner. The number of troops per squad. That shows the squad size you can field in the encounters in provinces on the world map. If you hover over the troops, you should see how many actual troops you have that make up the number of squads you have. The troop types are weighted, so you will have less actual heavy range troops as they have a higher weight than, for example, light melee troops. Your squad size increases as you activate squad size upgrades in the research tree. Enemy squad sizes increase the further the province is away from your city. Each ring of provinces has relatively the same squad sizes. Researching advanced scouts at the beginning of a chapter decreases the size of enemy squad sizes (and catering costs) for any provinces not yet scouted. Review this thread for more details on fighting and squad sizes: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-fighting-guide.4205/

For tournaments, the squad sizes are smaller. So, you have the same number of actual troops, but more squads of them. The more squad size upgrades you activate increases your tournament squad size and increases catering costs for tournament encounters. Review this thread to see how squad size is figured in the tournaments:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-tournaments.4014/ For this thread, scroll down to 'Fighting' to see the info on tournaments and squad sizes.

I received some excellent feedback recently on the relationship between squad size upgrades, regular province play, and tournament play starting at post #5 of this thread: https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/squad-upgrades.14158/#post-79968

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Your tournament squad size is approx. 5% of your total squad size for the first province. It increases by 5% for each province as you progress. So 15% for province 3 and 25% for province 5 etc.

This is why the squad size numbers in tournaments appear so much larger even though your troop numbers are the same. If you go out far enough in tournaments you will get comparable squad sizes to the provincial map.

DeletedUser12586

Thank you both. Definitely provided some clarity over the matter. It sounds like I scouted too much. I did end up taking screenshots since the marble tournament started but I think I can adjust accordingly.

Thank you both again!